Sponsored by:

keys being stolen

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2007, 03:09 PM
iamleo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keys being stolen

After reading about this an awful lot now its shocking that people are having their houses broken into for their car keys, etc. I think I read a thread about a guy considering selling his car just to save some thugs breaking into his house, to me thats disgusting!!!

Anyway was thinking... how about some "fake" car keys? so the thief thinks hes onto a winner when he sees the car keys right by the door (or some obvios place) but when these keys hit the ignition they set off a device that locks him into the car.

I dont know if its already been done and if not how much it would cost... but if i had a 20k scooby thats a target id seriosly consider it!
Old 16 January 2007, 03:11 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

they've been doing this since cars became harder to break in to.
Old 16 January 2007, 03:17 PM
iamleo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by richie001
they've been doing this since cars became harder to break in to.
Yeh, but lately I have heard about it alot more
Old 16 January 2007, 03:25 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

fit black jaxx,

at least that way they take the car but it stalls down the rd, then all you do is call the police and say an armed(gun) man has stolen you car via breaking and entering they'd be round like a shot

jake
Old 16 January 2007, 03:26 PM
MisterAdam
Scooby Regular

Be good if you could get a fake set and left them on some sort of weight sensitive surface, so when the keys are moved they could trigger some sort of alarm?

I dont know how you could go about setting that up, but would be good if you could make it set your house alarm off perhaps, cant see them sticking around whilst thats going off, as you run down the stairs with a spade/bat/bar/golf club/whatever to wack them with
Old 16 January 2007, 03:36 PM
wrxcraig
Scooby Regular

is the security on my car good enough, its got the standard subaru alarm and immobiliser i,ve also got a steering wheel clamp that covers the whole steering wheel, i always put the keys in a safe place (so i know where they are) and most of the time someone is always at home but if the house is empty then we will have taken the car anyway.
Old 16 January 2007, 03:37 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I use the somewhat unconventional method of not leaving my keys in plain sight, and making my house very difficult to break into.
Old 16 January 2007, 03:49 PM
wrxcraig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I use the somewhat unconventional method of not leaving my keys in plain sight, and making my house very difficult to break into.
our house is alarmed with sensors in every room plus when we go to bed the alarm is put on nite settings. so it would be very very hard if someone does get brave and attempt to brake in.Plus when they see our 13 stone rotti smiling at them (when he gets there) they will think twice.
Old 16 January 2007, 03:50 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

How about voice recognition keys? If someone picked them up without saying the password within the right vocal range, massive needles shoot out of the keys ripping through the vital organs of the driver...
Or, hows about land mines under your front door welcome mat? Set only to de-limb between midnight and 6.30am? Anyone approaches your house in the wee hours (when these nasty incidents tend to happen) and BANG! mess everywhere... Sure it might damage the house, but needs must and all that?
Or, hows about hiring armed men from the middle east to protect your house and family? For only £30 a week, you could hire half a dozen armed men to stand by your front door all night... Then when you go to work, you can let them sleep in your house in a dog basket?

I have tried all of the above, but in the end got a blackjaxx system and leave me keys on the dining room table
Old 16 January 2007, 03:53 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxcraig
.Plus when they see our 13 stone rotti smiling at them (when he gets there) they will think twice.
Yeah i got one of them, she's normally fast asleep at night though, after having cooked my tea and done my ironing.
Old 16 January 2007, 03:54 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
How about voice recognition keys? If someone picked them up without saying the password within the right vocal range, massive needles shoot out of the keys ripping through the vital organs of the driver...
Or, hows about land mines under your front door welcome mat? Set only to de-limb between midnight and 6.30am? Anyone approaches your house in the wee hours (when these nasty incidents tend to happen) and BANG! mess everywhere... Sure it might damage the house, but needs must and all that?
Or, hows about hiring armed men from the middle east to protect your house and family? For only £30 a week, you could hire half a dozen armed men to stand by your front door all night... Then when you go to work, you can let them sleep in your house in a dog basket?

I have tried all of the above, but in the end got a blackjaxx system and leave me keys on the dining room table
Old 16 January 2007, 04:01 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iamleo
After reading about this an awful lot now its shocking that people are having their houses broken into for their car keys, etc. I think I read a thread about a guy considering selling his car just to save some thugs breaking into his house, to me thats disgusting!!!

Anyway was thinking... how about some "fake" car keys? so the thief thinks hes onto a winner when he sees the car keys right by the door (or some obvios place) but when these keys hit the ignition they set off a device that locks him into the car.

I dont know if its already been done and if not how much it would cost... but if i had a 20k scooby thats a target id seriosly consider it!
Better still what about a fake car

The car thief breaks into your house, nicks the keys, and goes out to jump in your car and drive off.......

Except it's not the actual car but an accurate model of it which is booby trapped to the hilt. The thief will try to start the fake car.... If the booby traps are properly thought out the car thief could then die in a slow and painful manner

Meanwhile your actual car is hidden away somewhere safe and sound

Old 16 January 2007, 04:07 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

My Spare set are in the safe and the main set are ALWAYS in my pocket. Simple as. My wife left them layiing on my desk yesterday which completly pissed me off, we had words and its not happing again.