Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much power would this have???

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2007, 12:37 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much power would this have???

Right,a final decision has been made(i think) on which car i am going to buy next when i sell my(first ever Scoob) Classic Turbo.

I have decided to buy a UK STI 8 with PPP,and after looking around at what's on offer i have narrowed the search down to 2 potential's.

1.Standard STI with PPP - 305bhp

2.Modified STI with PPP - ???bhp This car has a Sports Cat(H&S),Full Ninja/Vortex Exhaust,Induction Kit and a Remap/Setup by Bob Rawle.

So the question is,what sort of power should the car(No.2) now be running as i don't necessarily beleive the owners claim.

Also,what is a safe amount of power on the standard gearbox,clutch,turbo etc.

Also,as an afterthought what would then be holding the car back for even more power.............turbo etc???
Old 13 January 2007, 12:53 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by paul2070
Right,a final decision has been made(i think) on which car i am going to buy next when i sell my(first ever Scoob) Classic Turbo.

I have decided to buy a UK STI 8 with PPP,and after looking around at what's on offer i have narrowed the search down to 2 potential's.

1.Standard STI with PPP - 305bhp

2.Modified STI with PPP - ???bhp This car has a Sports Cat(H&S),Full Ninja/Vortex Exhaust,Induction Kit and a Remap/Setup by Bob Rawle.

So the question is,what sort of power should the car(No.2) now be running as i don't necessarily beleive the owners claim.

Also,what is a safe amount of power on the standard gearbox,clutch,turbo etc.

Also,as an afterthought what would then be holding the car back for even more power.............turbo etc???
Firstly, an STI PPP 2003 onwards is the car I'm sure you're referring to. With PPP , it will already have a sports cat fitted as part of the PPP package. The second car you're referring to sounds to me like a STANDARD STI (non PPP), which has been modified in a different way. So by the sounds of it, has a full stainless steel exhaust with sports cat, a Bob Rawle remap and an induction kit. This car will have more torque and bhp due to the remap, primarily, and I would imagine it has a 3" diameter exhaust rather than the standard 2.75" as you find on most of the car with PPP. (Only the rear box and sport cat section are larger diameter, the centre section is a standard factory part.

The only way you will know how much torque and bhp the car's have is by seeing rolling road results. Don't believe any claims without supporting documented evidence, which most owners will have!
Old 13 January 2007, 12:58 PM
turboDean
Scooby Regular

Probably somewhere between 330 and 350 bhp.

The turbo would probably be the limiting factor now for any significant power gains.
Old 13 January 2007, 01:08 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
Firstly, an STI PPP 2003 onwards is the car I'm sure you're referring to. With PPP , it will already have a sports cat fitted as part of the PPP package. The second car you're referring to sounds to me like a STANDARD STI (non PPP), which has been modified in a different way. So by the sounds of it, has a full stainless steel exhaust with sports cat, a Bob Rawle remap and an induction kit. This car will have more torque and bhp due to the remap, primarily, and I would imagine it has a 3" diameter exhaust rather than the standard 2.75" as you find on most of the car with PPP. (Only the rear box and sport cat section are larger diameter, the centre section is a standard factory part.

The only way you will know how much torque and bhp the car's have is by seeing rolling road results. Don't believe any claims without supporting documented evidence, which most owners will have!
Yes sorry both cars are 2003 model STI's and both started life with the PPP,it is just that the second car has undergone a continual cycle of modifications since it was new which has ended up at the point it is now.

The Sports Cat fitted to the second one is a Hayward and Scott one(don't know if that would be different/better/worse than the original) and has a different system fitted,the induction kit obviously would not add much/anything,and then it has been setup and Remapped by Bob Rawle(Ecu Tek??).

So while i know it would need to be RR to tell for sure(although that depends on who you talk to),i was just wondering if they would make a noticable difference over standard to power and of course torque.
Old 13 January 2007, 01:12 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would think it has no more than 330
Old 13 January 2007, 01:18 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
I would think it has no more than 330

Thats sort of what i thought really....................i spoke to TSL yeasterday and asked what was involved in the 333 conversion and from what i understood,they said basically less restrictive exhaust parts and a remap.

The guys (son) is claiming 350-360bhp

Incidently,does anyone else have trouble trying to phone Bob Rawl as i never seem to be able to get an answer??
Old 13 January 2007, 01:22 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

350-360bhp
Living in cloud cuckoo land me thinks
Old 13 January 2007, 01:22 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Incidently,does anyone else have trouble trying to phone Bob Rawl as i never seem to be able to get an answer??
he is a busy man who sometimes maps abroad. When sorting a group buy with him he said best time to call was around 9pm
Old 13 January 2007, 01:24 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Thats sort of what i thought really....................i spoke to TSL yeasterday and asked what was involved in the 333 conversion and from what i understood,they said basically less restrictive exhaust parts and a remap.

The guys (son) is claiming 350-360bhp

the jdms come in around 360bhp and thats with equal length headers which make a big difference
Old 13 January 2007, 01:54 PM
PPPRob
Scooby Regular

Bob has suggested to me that my 03PPP with just an sti filter MAY be good for 350/350 on V Power but more realistically aim for 335/335 to 340/340

HTH