Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone know where I can get a new lock set ........

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2007, 09:00 AM
spaspeckerthedull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know where I can get a new lock set ........

came out from work the other day and some turd had tried to nick my scooby - they did the passenger and drivers door lock before getting in, then pulled the siren off its bracket from under the bonnet and chucked it in the back seat (battery backup so it was still sounding) after smashing the steering column and ignition barrel off they couldn't start it anyway cos the 2 immobilisers kicked in - a BIG thumbs up to avital for their maxx1 - and then just fooked off. They also did 2 other cars on the works car park stealing the space saver spare wheels from them. Went to see the guys in the *ahem* "security lodge" (for security read lazy fat *******) to see if they'd got anything on the multi thousand pound 12 camera CCTV setup to be told "they weren't pointing in the right direction" (they also "weren't pointing in the right direction" at christmas when 12 mountain bikes in 2 weeks got nicked from the bike sheds!!) that same night a skyline was robbed from near where I work and found completely burnt out 6 hours later.

anyone know where I can get a new lock set, barrel shroud, steering column and drivers door handle?
Old 13 January 2007, 10:29 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

cant help mate sorry, harsh luck, if you ever sell the car il have your exhaust mate sexual chocolate that ******...

oh and the security guards, theyre all useless. me thinks its becuae theyre not good enough to get into the police, so theyve failed life and become £5.50ph dossers. imho anyways...
Old 13 January 2007, 05:11 PM
spaspeckerthedull
Scooby Regular

sorted - got a new lockset, ignition barrel shroud, drivers door handle and steering column cowl from a1jap breakers in failsham £130 (no keys tho) took the lot round to a locksmith in preston and he stripped it all down - finding the original key snapped off in the ignition barrel - made 2 new keys and put the lot back together for £20. he also said that when I've got time pop the boot barrel to him and he'll match it to the keys that he just made. what a top bloke. now I just need to find a couple of shear bolts to refit the ignition barrel shroud and we're good to go ................

btw - the main stealer wanted £125 for the lock set and another £133 for the ignition barrel shroud - I didn't ask about the drivers door handle and column cowl as I was too busy trying not to shout YOU ROBBING *******

so a BIG thumbs up and thanks to Les at a1jap spares and Mick at preston locksmiths.