Sponsored by:

Oh,This wil be fun

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2007, 06:09 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Oh,This wil be fun

Old bint drove into the side of me today,approaching roundabout at 20ish, she`s on inside lane to go right, im in centre lane to go straight on, as were going round she decides to stove into me as she wanted to go straight on too......

damage, fecked drivers door,side skirt, part of rear door dented and smal scrape on rear arch/bumper.

she denies its her fault........

Old 12 January 2007, 06:12 PM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, that sucks. Bet you had fire coming out of your ears when you pulled up!
Hope the B***h admits its her fault and you can resolve it quickly.
Old 12 January 2007, 06:19 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depending on the roundabout this sounds simple enough ? Unless you've undertaken her?
Old 12 January 2007, 06:24 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

nah,no dodgy manouvre by me,just an old bint who insists she is right, proper old lady style.

when there like that who knows how it will go, old bint in a honda accord vs a 26 yr old in an impreza,i can see the insurance people now over their coffee "guessing" what happened.
Old 12 January 2007, 06:26 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

It did make me jump tho !! chilling along then thwap,side impact !
i saw her along side me,as u can see from pic, her front end hit me at the drivers door so i was in front of her a bit too !!!
Old 12 January 2007, 06:52 PM
AVI-8
Scooby Regular

I hope that you had a witness, without one it's your word against hers ending in a no blame situation with her claiming her insurance to repair her car and you to claim on yours.
Old 12 January 2007, 06:56 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats what makes me livid, there were witnesses, but none stopped and it was all a wahay moment i didnt really worry about that part !

the guy did say if it does stay as her saying it wasnt her fault etc it would go 50/50 with both paying half and a claim against us both, which is nice, NOT !!!
Old 12 January 2007, 09:26 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

It seems quite obvious that she has run into you. Unfortunately for her roundabout discipline states that vehicles in the outside lane of a roundabout have right of way.

Last edited by Bubba po; 12 January 2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12 January 2007, 10:57 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
nah,no dodgy manouvre by me,just an old bint who insists she is right, proper old lady style.

when there like that who knows how it will go, old bint in a honda accord vs a 26 yr old in an impreza,i can see the insurance people now over their coffee "guessing" what happened.
She has right of way, to leave the roundabout, but she cant simply turn into you. This indicates that she she manoeuvered without looking and this makes it her fault.
Old 12 January 2007, 11:02 PM
chris-RB5
Scooby Regular

If i presume right then the inside lane is for the 1st exit only, and did the exit you were taking lead on to a dual carriage way? If so you should exit the roundabout onto the dual carriage way and be in the inside lane and going round the roundabout on the inside, thus leaving the outside lane of the dual carriage way clear for the lady to go down. There should be arrows approaching the roundabout stating what lane you should be in, if it exitted onto a single carriage way and the right hand lane is for a 3rd exit only she hasn't got a leg to stand on.

hope i made sense there.
Old 12 January 2007, 11:35 PM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

They almost always seem to go 50/50 if narrow lanes or roundabouts, unless there are witnessess etc.

Old 12 January 2007, 11:39 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

As said the insurances nearly always go 50/50 on roundabouts regardless....sorry mate
Old 12 January 2007, 11:41 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I've lost count of the number of close calls I've had on roundabouts because of people who simply don't know how to approach/act on them; indicators!?!?!? yes, those little flashing orange lights with the switch conveiniently placed near your fingers! You'd think they were complicated or something.

I failed my first driving test on a roundabout because of a white van that decided to carry out a U turn on one without any indication. Serious hate of mine since!!

Hope it all gets sorted for you soon mate - make sure your insurance company earn their money and argue the toss!
Old 16 January 2007, 08:30 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Well, got a call from a part of my insurance,so many bits i get confused as to whom im talking too,anyhoo, they have confirmation of her denying it, great, i could of told them that,Biatch.
So,my options.

go thru my own insurance,pay my excess and job done, then,my insurance tries to claim back my costs,thru various ways/whole claim if liability is agreed by her,which it wont be he recons,if she is denying it now,so it might go to court to get liability,this could take 6 mths,hence why he said get it fixed on my insurance as im fully comp cause i dont want a knackered car for 6 mths or so,BUT, it could still go at court against me,u never know,or more likely 50/50,in which case the car still gets fixed and i only pay half my excess,which,if i get if fixed now, i wil get the half back in 6 mths after the court hearing,but owuld of had a knackered car for the 6 mths waiting for court.

my excess is £500

the damage to get fixed will be about £1000 i reckon,what with spraying/new door etc etc.
if/when it does go 50/50 i get £250 back,so wil of paid £250 for car to be repaired.

Now, if ur stil with me,this is my dilema.

i have seen some white doors,front and rear for £50,bolt on item,a side skirt set in white i have seen for £40, thats £90.

the only down side is on the rear panel it has a slight dent and scrape,i could touch it up,£30, so thats £120.

a far set cheaper than the initial £500 which i currently dont have, i know eventually i would get £250 back but tis til having the £500 now.

if i do fix it myself cheaper,and in a way id prefer as i know the doors are non damaged repaired etc,is this admitting or look like an admit to guilt ? or just show im a skint git ?? (which i am)
Old 16 January 2007, 08:33 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Old 16 January 2007, 08:55 PM
GU5
Scooby Regular

if you repair yours she's still gonna claim, you'll still have an accident on your record
Old 16 January 2007, 08:58 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

there is that too !!!

so i wil have her claim on my record and she wont have a claim as such as i wont of used an excess to get claimed back from her !!

Huf Huf !!
Old 16 January 2007, 09:39 PM
pheunos
Scooby Regular

I personally think the whole area of lane discipline on roundabouts is far too vague. The highway code manages to brush over the subject very briefly and there appears to be alot of confusion on the roads.

I'd like to see a TV a series of ad campaigns concentrating on issues like this in the same way as drink driving / speding ads. Granted there are probably a lot less detahs due to roundabout mis-use, lane discipline etc. than speeding / drink driving, but surely education in this way can only be a good thing and could help avoid 'accidents' like this one.
Old 17 January 2007, 06:54 AM
Scoobyslammed
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink

I've got 2 white doors forsale if your interested...???
Even if you did buy them i'd still be tempted to get the one side painted because white is crap to match...
It shouldn't cost any more than £200 quid to get the side painted...

Last edited by Scoobyslammed; 17 January 2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 17 January 2007, 12:49 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Just write a letter, asking for a two week response, admitting fault. Send recorded delivery.

If no reply, send another with 1 week response.

Go to small claims court and send her a summons to court (£25-ish)

At the sight of this letter, they know you're serious. This will usually remind them that it their fault.
Old 17 January 2007, 01:08 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

As you drive an Impreza, and are therfore a hooligan on a journey of destruction where ever you go, the Police, Insurance companies, local dog walkers, and Jesus Christ himself, will blame you.

You'll be accused of undertaking her on her blind side (at 100mph) and this sweet little old lady was no way at fault.
Old 17 January 2007, 01:19 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Just write a letter, asking for a two week response, admitting fault. Send recorded delivery.

If no reply, send another with 1 week response.

Go to small claims court and send her a summons to court (£25-ish)

At the sight of this letter, they know you're serious. This will usually remind them that it their fault.
As above!
Old 17 January 2007, 01:34 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

the damage on your car matches the description you gave and as long as you provide a good diagram and description of the roundabout (be sure to mention lane priority) you will probably be fine
Old 17 January 2007, 03:20 PM
spaspeckerthedull
Scooby Regular

same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, insurance settled 50/50 "due to a lack of corroborating witnesses" - I know hindsight is always 20/20 but what I should have done is not moved, stayed in the car and called the police - this was the advice given to me by various solicitors after pursuing a claim, and my accident happened after exiting the roundabout - not actually on it. Insurance claimed "roundabout accidents are notoriously difficult to prove" translation? we're a bunch of lazy greedy ******* who've already got your money, so don't think for one minute that we're actually going to spend some of it fighting your corner. It sucks donkeyballs that incompetent drivers can do stuff like this and get away with it but its even worse that insurance companies can make decisions just like that - our decision is final because we simply can't be arsed.
Old 17 January 2007, 06:27 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

I had a similar thing happen to me 4 years ago but I was in the inside lane.

I was already on a roundabout a junction before the other car entered the roundabout, in the correct lane and indicating, a car came on after me, using the wrong lane and not indicating. I was clipped on the Near side rear passenger door. This took 18 months to battle with my insurer ending in myself being found responsible for the accident, I called the police at the time of the accident, Witness statements were taken but then misplaced, more witness statements were then taken 8 month later and things had changed with the witness. Photos were lost by my insurance company, more photos sent and these were lost again. I had a different case officer every month. The solicitor didn't bother contacting me to discuss and then lied about trying to contact me.

They claimed it was down to me to take evasive action and to have gone around the roundabout agian even though I had never seen her.

So in this case you don't need a witness, you are in the right and don't accept any offers from your insurance company regarding 50/50, mine seemed to like the idea of accepting 50/50 just to get it out the way quickly.
Old 17 January 2007, 07:54 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

cheers for input guys, but as i posted yesterday, my insurance have this stupid 3rd party company that fights my corner, on hearing the word from her "not guilty" they say thats it, cant do nought for you, back to your main insurance company,i call them there like, ur fully comp, claim on urself, we`ll fight it of course,could take yonks, ur cars fiexed so dont worry, u might get half ur excess back,might not,end of.

i argue with my OWN insurance company for god sake, thats not right, but thats the b all and end all they say,i can keep the car l;ooking as it is for 6-9-12 mths or until whenever and they say the outcome may stil be the same, 50/50 so just get it fixed now.

weird schit !!!!!