Scooby n00bie.

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2007, 11:03 AM
tbourner
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scooby n00bie.

Hi everyone.
I'm a regular over on mkivsupra.net, had to sell mine to buy a house so I've been driving all of 86BHP for the last 7 months!!
Now planning a wedding, so more expense, but after that (about a year) I'll be looking into getting another car.
I'd love another Supra, or maybe an Aristo (Jap Lexus with a Supra engine), but the missus keeps going on about getting her a Scooby - and I'm kind of liking the idea! I LOVE the noise they make and always have, so it might be my choice of future beast.

I've had a flick through some other threads, but still need advice on what to look for - pre 2000 is my aim as I prefer the shape - don't like the bug eye and the newest is a bit too pricey still.
So which one should I look for? She wants the pink 'i' on the front, which means an import? There are loads of 'WRX STi's though so which is best? Which year? What spec? What mods? Fresh import or UK owned? What colour? etc.

Not too sure about modding yet, a decat on the Supe saw a rise from 320 to 400bhp, decat and exhaust on the Scoob will probably be more for noise than performance. Do many people fit bigger turbos and stuff or is it costly building the engine up for it?

Anyway, I'll hopefully be around sometimes over the next year or so.
Old 12 January 2007, 11:23 AM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

HELLO
I got my husband to buy me a Subaru for my birthday 18 months ago, it is a mica blue STi type uk.
The husband never drives him, he is mine and only mine, and i would get shut of him before i would my car.
Take the above statement as a warning, she will only let you drive it when it needs petrol and she hasn't been paid, or if it needs a fortune spending on it, thats what i do with mine so don't say you wasn't warned Ha ha

if you have a look on scooby clinic you can pick up various badges in pink for any Subaru's for £30

Last edited by donnas roo; 12 January 2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12 January 2007, 11:33 AM
tbourner
Scooby Newbie

Heheh there's no chance - it'll be MY car and she can maybe sit in it once in a while!!
Also I drop her at work and then go on to mine so it wouldn't work!

How do we get avatars and signatures on this thing then? Nothing in CP except the zoints thingy that I've never heard of!!!
Old 12 January 2007, 11:46 AM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

How do we get avatars and signatures on this thing then? Nothing in CP except the zoints thingy that I've never heard of!!![/QUOTE]

Sorry but i haven't got a clue what you mean, i have never seen any of the above on this site, what are avatars ?
Don't be mean let her have the subaru, my other half has a clio diesel Ha HA!!!!
Old 12 January 2007, 12:18 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

I dont think Avitars and sigs are allowed on the site because they can have adverse effects on Bandwidth and also the speed of page loading. Avitars go below your name on the left, signitures appear below your posted comments.

The classic Shape Impreza was available upto approx. 2001 just before the Bugeye Impreza was released.
Old 12 January 2007, 12:27 PM
tbourner
Scooby Newbie

Just found a thread on avatars and sigs, fair enough I suppose.

So say I go and buy a standard 95 WRX STi, what things should I look out for? What would be the first things to do if I wanted some quick easy mods (exhaust for example)?
Old 12 January 2007, 02:18 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tbourner
Just found a thread on avatars and sigs, fair enough I suppose.

So say I go and buy a standard 95 WRX STi, what things should I look out for? What would be the first things to do if I wanted some quick easy mods (exhaust for example)?
Freer flowing Exhaust, Filter, Remap.

Ported headers, Injectors, Turbo, Remap.

Engine Build - skies the limit.

I would go for an STi v6 Wagon. Rare as rocking horse **** and a stealthy weapon in disguise, plus practical.

There is a page on SIDC (someone will supply a link soon), which give pointers to lOOk at for when buying, plus model details.

What's your budget. That will dictate model pretty much.
Old 12 January 2007, 03:03 PM
tbourner
Scooby Newbie

Dunno yet, but cheaper than an Aristo, which is about 5 or 6 grand at the low end. Probably looking to spend about 4k TBH.
Old 12 January 2007, 07:13 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

For that money, you may be better off going for a well looked after WRX or Turbo2000 instead of an STi. The STis around that price (especially the saloons) are going to be pretty well used and probably require a bit of TLC. If you've got the modding bug it's better starting with a motor that's going to be reliable and as the WRX/ Turbo2000 command lower prices, you should get a tidier example.