Sponsored by:

****PPP Help****

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2007, 08:36 AM
eves
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ****PPP Help****

i will be buying a wrx sti in Feb, hopefully on a 04 plate.....

Does having the PPP make that much a difference and does it improve the 0-60 time? ?? Also does PPP Effect insurance premiums and does the company need to know??

Thanks for you help in advance......

Eves
Old 10 January 2007, 08:40 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure about insurance but it does make a big difference in driveability and overall performance. - its what STI's were built for

I would definitely tell the insurance - otherwise they could reject any claim
Old 10 January 2007, 08:42 AM
eves
Scooby Regular

cool, thats fair enough, i really want to buy one with PPP already fitted, but not sure how much it hikes the insurance up buy!!!
Old 10 January 2007, 08:43 AM
eves
Scooby Regular

Also do standard STI's come fitted with a tracker?????
Old 10 January 2007, 08:43 AM
PPPRob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eves

Does having the PPP make that much a difference and does it improve the 0-60 time? ?? Also does PPP Effect insurance premiums and does the company need to know??

Eves
Yes, yes. Yes and yes
Old 10 January 2007, 08:51 AM
ejrg01
Scooby Newbie

I just bougth an STi PPP in December and I would advise that you tell the insurance company. It didn't make much difference to the cost, but I can sleep better at nights knowing that it is written on my insurance cert.

with regards power and 0-60 times - for the MY03 model with the addition of the PPP the 0-60secs time is cut from 5.17 to 4.62 secs. (well so the piece of paper I have says)!!!

In addition:

The Impreza WRX STi Performance Package has been designed to deliver class leading performance, boosting torque by up to 30% and extending its availability across a wider rev range than the standard engine.

The improved performance is produced through a carefully developed combination of matched exhaust and engine management modifications. This combination of enhancements boost peak power to 305PS at 6,000rpm (previously 265PS at 6000rpm on the standard engine) and deliver an impressive 405Nm of torque at 4,000rpm, an improvement of 18% on the
maximum torque of the standard car.

With the Performance Package fitted, the Impreza WRX STi has more torque than the peak of the standard road car from 3,000rpm right through to 5,800rpm. These impressive statistics ensure that drivers have the responsiveness required for performance driving including all-important, mid-range overtaking.
Old 10 January 2007, 08:58 AM
Marky9074
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool, thats fair enough, i really want to buy one with PPP already fitted, but not sure how much it hikes the insurance up buy!!!
A lot! For the WRX around that time a 'new' model was incorporated for insurance reasons for PPP (WRX265...or somthing like that!)

I dont believe I have seen the same thing for the STI PPP.....

Could look at WR1 or WRX300, around the same price range which both had PPP as standard, and therefore are not loaded by 'adding' PPP!

HTH
Old 10 January 2007, 09:26 AM
PPPRob
Scooby Regular

The insurance was around 75-100 quid more on a 600 quid policy so it does make a difference.

More importantly, some insurers will class it as a performance modification and may not insure you at all if they don't do mods.
Old 10 January 2007, 09:36 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

The PPP certificate advises you to advise your insurers !!!

Nuff said
Old 10 January 2007, 09:58 AM
prana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ejrg01
I just bougth an STi PPP in December and I would advise that you tell the insurance company. It didn't make much difference to the cost, but I can sleep better at nights knowing that it is written on my insurance cert.

with regards power and 0-60 times - for the MY03 model with the addition of the PPP the 0-60secs time is cut from 5.17 to 4.62 secs. (well so the piece of paper I have says)!!!

In addition:

The Impreza WRX STi Performance Package has been designed to deliver class leading performance, boosting torque by up to 30% and extending its availability across a wider rev range than the standard engine.

The improved performance is produced through a carefully developed combination of matched exhaust and engine management modifications. This combination of enhancements boost peak power to 305PS at 6,000rpm (previously 265PS at 6000rpm on the standard engine) and deliver an impressive 405Nm of torque at 4,000rpm, an improvement of 18% on the
maximum torque of the standard car.

With the Performance Package fitted, the Impreza WRX STi has more torque than the peak of the standard road car from 3,000rpm right through to 5,800rpm. These impressive statistics ensure that drivers have the responsiveness required for performance driving including all-important, mid-range overtaking.
wow, how much commission do you get ? 5% thats a pretty good sell. I want one now
Old 10 January 2007, 10:24 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Smile

Eves
Privilege insurance were cheaper for an STI PPP car than a standard STI. They said it was due to having more claims from standard car owners!

PPP on the STI is a significant improvement, and will give you thrills and smiles daily. Fuel consumption wont be much lower than a standard car, generally. 0-60 is 4.8 with PPP, or 5.2 standard car.