Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me out!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2001, 08:36 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By what you have said, I would have been as pi$$ed as you. These companies who trade know what they're doing and it happens too often. If they don't know what they're selling then they shouldn't be trading. Why the hell should we have to pay by credit card to protect a purchase, it's bo[[ocks.

He's what I would do, if the supplier was advertised, call the publication and tell them what has happened, telling them they are advertising a company who's ripped you off. Try in the meantime, speaking as nice as possible, if you can get in contact that it's not what you ordered and you want your money back, if all ealse fails get a couple of mates and visit them!

Mark

[Edited by mark.coleman - 12/1/2001 8:37:30 PM]
Old 01 December 2001, 04:30 PM
SCOBY
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Im not going to mention no names at the moment as I am going to give them til monday night to sort this out.

Anyway here goes, I ordered a Turbo Timer (MULTI SPEED TURBO TIMER 'BLITZ) last Friday, after a long phone conversation I decided to go for this 1, because I was told it done all the functions of the other 2 Blitz timers & 0-60, 1/4 mile times etc
obviously at a bit more money. Great I 'THOUGHT'. I was told it would be with me by Monday.

Monday comes and yep nothing turns up, no problem I thought, so I phoned up to find out whats the problem, im told they had probs in the office & all orders got messed up. (NO PROBLEM) so then im told it would be with me Wedesday, U know what im going to say, it didnt turn up, so I phoned up and was told <<Sorry but it should be there>> So im told he will sort it out.

I get a phone call Thursday from the couriers, (DERRRR) we cant find your house, so I directed them exactly. I waited til 6.30pm and phoned the couriers back to find out whats going on, all they tell me is that I need an order number from the sender so they can find out whats happened to it, so I phone the sender up & he gives me the details, so then I phone up the couriers with the number and all they can tell me is that the driver must of had an early day, BUT WE ASURE IT WILL BE WITH U TMRW.

It turns up at 7 in the morning, one extreme to another, also I was still in bed.

Anyway im thinking great, at last its here so I open the box read the instructions and find out it dont do the functions I asked for,
now im PI55ED OFF BIGGG TIMMME, ive been cool about it all, up to now.

I phone the sender once again to tell him the problem, he tells me that he was told the timer did do the functions I asked for and he would phone the supplier up and ask why he was told differently and he would get back to me first thing this morning, guess what no phone call, and guess what he wont answer his phone, and guess what they have taken the money when they knew it wasnt the right 1
I know this as the money was only taken out today, they were told about the problem yesterday.

I feel like Ive been had over, when I had to phone & TEXT back about the other problems he didnt answer from my original phone number. So I used the landline and guess what he answered straight away and tells me he didnt receive any missed calls, voicemails, TEXTS etc

Im stuck with something I dont want now, what if it goes wrong, im F8CKED.

I know this was long but I had to tell the whole story.

I will name and shame the sender if I dont get any results.

Any ideas on what to do would be appreciated, thanks for reading my book.

SCOBY
Old 01 December 2001, 04:41 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

always pay by credit crd - call the cc company and say it's a disputed purchase as it doesn't do what you were told it does.

Trading standards and the CAB should be able to help.
Old 01 December 2001, 05:32 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If it doesn't do what you want, and you can't get in touch with the suppliers send it back with a note saying you want a refund. As Matt said if you have paid by credit card you can contact them, and get them to deal with it.

However:

You can't blame the supplier for the problems with the carrier.

I'd give them more time, it may be that they have not been able to get in touch with their suppliers, it is the weekend after all. If you don't hear anything by lunch time Monday I'd try phoning them again.

They probably request to take the money off your VISA card on dispatch, if this is dealt with by someone else then maybe they have just been going through their stuff todo today.

IMHO you have been a bit quick to jump on a BBS threatening the naming of a supplier, without first having given them time to sort out the problems.

In an idea world everything would run perfectly, turn up on time, etc. unfortunately we live on one where there are people, and unfortunately people aren't perfect (well except me of course )
Old 01 December 2001, 07:41 PM
Luke
BANNED

As Bob Hoskins said in the BT adverts "Its good to talk"

Give it one more try,No anger ,give them a chance to sort it out. If no joy. Contact Webmaster first for the ok.

Be lucky

I once had a problem with a MAJOR company. I was going to go public
But spoke to Simon First. We both agreed that I should contact the company again. Well they came up trumps. The guy i spoke to was the boss. he restored my faith in his company.
Things can go wrong.....
Old 01 December 2001, 11:22 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Scoby,

I have a copy of the Dec/Jan 2000 Banzai magazine and there is an article on the Blitz timer in the news section. It has a pic of the Blitz FATT turbo timer and it reads,

"Saving you more expense is the best selling (20,000p/a) Blitz Turbo timer. This gadget monitors how hard the car has been driven and adjusts the length of time the engine needs to idle to let the turbo chill, extending it's life in the process. Among it's tricks, the turbo timer can also measure 0-60, QUARTER MILE and TOP SPEED. Fitting is a cinch as it only requires two wires. Hours of fun can then be yours for a measly 65 GBP plus VAT,..."

Maybe they gave you the wrong one SCOBY

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 02 December 2001, 12:18 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Most Credit Card and Debit cards will take a few days to show up so they probably did charge on despatch which would seem reasonable.

Give them a chance to sort it before naming and shaming.

Trending Topics

Old 02 December 2001, 01:20 PM
SCOBY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks for all your comments, you see what I wanted was a timer that would tell me what my boost levels are and some of the other features. I was told the 1 I got would do this and more. So I phoned Racelogic as ive heard they are a quality firm and they tell me that I should of been offered the Dual Turbo Timer and theres the new 1 which has got the letters D.C on the end

If I was selling car accesories I would do my homework on what I sell, and if someone asked if it did a certain feature I would look through the instructions to find out, it only took me 5mins to find out what it did when I received it.

It would just save a lot of comebacks.

I know 1 of u said I should wait cos its the weekend but I have been sorting this out through the blokes mobile, & when we was coming to the deal last weekend he was very happy to answer his phone, not now though, it just rings and I get the voicemail prompt
He knows my number so I think when he sees my name come up he thinks f8ck that.

Just makes me think that now they have got there money there not interested.

Ive even apologised for phoning so much cos they dont reply to me
<<<<<<I MUST OF BEEN MAD>>>>>>>>>

Thanks

SCOBY
Old 02 December 2001, 11:05 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Scoby,

I have the dual turbo timer and it does everything you mentioned except the 0-60, quarter mile times and top speed. According to the Banzai mag, the FATT is the one you want.

Cheers,

Wrexy.
Old 08 December 2001, 06:42 PM
SCOBY
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

It was New age Motorsport that caused all this hassle, im still stuck with the wrong timer, they have e-mailed me telling me it would be sorted out Thursday just gone. It hasnt at all they havent even bothered to call me and apologise, i've sent them more e-mails, left more messages leaving them more contact numbers, and YEP nothing.

Can someone tell what I can do about this and how I stand.

I've also posted in the NEWAGEMOTORSPORT Title on the general questions forum.

Please let me know.

SCOBY