ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

2003 WRX Motorshow Stand Car??

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2007, 09:53 PM
LLL
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 WRX Motorshow Stand Car??

When I bought my WRX 6 months ago the gentleman I purchased it off was under the impression that my particular car was the one unveiled by Subaru UK at the Birmingham Motor Show, i.e. the facelift model from the bugeye.

Any ideas how I might find out if this is the case??

The cars 1st keeper was Subaru UK and I was under the impression that you can only get my particular model (can somebody let me know the right slang - it's not the 'bugeye' but the next model!!) on an 03 plate or later - mine however is a 52 plate and is very close to the Registration of the STI model test driven on Top Gear by Mr Clarkson!!

Any ideas??

Cheers,

LLL.
Old 03 January 2007, 10:14 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

blobeye

budgie

and i do beleive there were some 52 plate ones
i got mine on march 1st 03
first out of the dealership
but had seen some about
Old 03 January 2007, 10:24 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

There were a few on 52 plates Corradoboy's one for example
Old 03 January 2007, 11:29 PM
Scoobydaddy
Scooby Regular

I will mail you some pictures of the cars from the show if you want, please send your e-mail address.

pm me.

silver wrx and a blue sti, also the rally car.

sorry but i forgot how to post pictures on scooby net

Paul
Old 04 January 2007, 01:49 AM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

This is the very car at the NEC.If so you bought the car from me? Is it silver and had a full engine rebuild???

Old 04 January 2007, 09:26 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

mine is a 52 plate blobeye sti,the first owner was subaru uk,and after further digging it was used as a press/promotion car hence it being up a little on the mileage

So is it a rare one ?

Do i care ?
Old 04 January 2007, 01:29 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Mine is also a 52 reg Blobeye ,it was registered in Feb 03 so just before the 03 reg came in ,in March
Old 04 January 2007, 07:15 PM
LLL
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by *AL*
This is the very car at the NEC.If so you bought the car from me? Is it silver and had a full engine rebuild???

Al, I may very well have your old car - its had a few owners!! It had a full rebuild at API early 2006 - you wouldn't be the guy who sold it to a pal only for the big end to go would you!!?? If so, I thought it was very good of you to contribute towards the re-build cost - if only more people were like that!!

If it was your car, any history would be appreciated - like when / where was the PPP fitted, when was it lowered etc??

Cheers mate,

LLL.
Old 04 January 2007, 09:45 PM
Scoobydaddy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Scoobydaddy; 04 January 2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04 January 2007, 10:13 PM
Scoobydaddy
Scooby Regular

LLL

Her ya go, from the 2000 Motor Show

Let’s see some pictures of it now, wonder who bought the WR Blue STI?

Paul
Old 05 January 2007, 12:42 AM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

Wow Scoobydaddy!!..............why couldn't you post them pics when i was the owner!!?

LLL, i contacted Subaru UK directly giving the reg and VIN to confirm this car was the 2002 NEC Motor show stand WRX.
Old 05 January 2007, 12:50 AM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LLL
Al, I may very well have your old car - its had a few owners!! It had a full rebuild at API early 2006 - you wouldn't be the guy who sold it to a pal only for the big end to go would you!!?? If so, I thought it was very good of you to contribute towards the re-build cost - if only more people were like that!!

If it was your car, any history would be appreciated - like when / where was the PPP fitted, when was it lowered etc??

Cheers mate,

LLL.
I was the unfortunate guy that had the big ends go after 100 miles of ownership, and yes my mate whom i bought it from kindly helped to pay for the rebuild

It was fully rebuilt at Api in April 2006 at around 34,500 miles You should have the reciepts for it??

The car was registered after the Motorshow then went to Prodrive where it was used to develope the PPP, i spoke to Mike Wood who clearly remembers but can't fully confirm the Plate of the car.There was another WRX used and this had the same BG52 Z** plate, this was a red one and the owner uses this forum too?? (Onslow?? )

If you want any more info give me a shout.Al.

P.S. I ran the new engine in to the 'letter'
Old 05 January 2007, 08:14 AM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Mines also a 52 plated blobeye registered in Jan 03, there are a few 52 plated blobeyes about. I think mine was a dealer demo car, although so far its showing no obvious ill effects, fingers crossed !!
Old 05 January 2007, 02:52 PM
LLL
Scooby Newbie

Al - I never put 2 + 2 together and realised it was you that I bought the car off - or rather part-ex'd!

Hows the Alfa running? I hope its treating you well and hasn't leaked any oil onto your driveway!!

I do have the API receipts and the car is running pefectly - it'll be due another oil change in a couple of weeks.

Scoobydaddy - those pics are excellent - if someone can tell me how to post pictures in a thread then next time I wash the car, i'll take a few and post them up - hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds out!! I'm currently driving round with 'clean me!' written on the boot after a trip through the lake district last week and the sun hasn't come out yet so I can clean it up!
Old 05 January 2007, 04:45 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LLL
Al - I never put 2 + 2 together and realised it was you that I bought the car off - or rather part-ex'd!

Hows the Alfa running? I hope its treating you well and hasn't leaked any oil onto your driveway!!

I do have the API receipts and the car is running perfectly - it'll be due another oil change in a couple of weeks.

Scoobydaddy - those pics are excellent - if someone can tell me how to post pictures in a thread then next time I wash the car, i'll take a few and post them up - hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds out!! I'm currently driving round with 'clean me!' written on the boot after a trip through the lake district last week and the sun hasn't come out yet so I can clean it up!
I knew that !!

David APi
Old 05 January 2007, 10:17 PM
Scoobydaddy
Scooby Regular

[quote=*AL*]Wow Scoobydaddy!!..............why couldn't you post them pics when i was the owner!!?

Errr you never asked M8, I wonder who bought the blue STI from the show, Who was it? if it was anybody here on scoobynet I will post the pictures from the show

just ask.

Paul
Old 05 January 2007, 10:20 PM
Scoobydaddy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LLL

Cheers mate,

LLL.
You have PM mail
Old 06 January 2007, 01:04 PM
LLL
Scooby Newbie

Here's some pics of how the car looks now - 99% the same!!

Last edited by LLL; 06 January 2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06 January 2007, 11:28 PM
onslow
Scooby Regular

i own the red wrx as mentioned pics of it plastered all over the net
32.5k and no problems engine wise as yet but i got a couple of thousand miles on you yet
it gets an easy life with me rarely gets revved over 4.5k and even when giving it a thrashing not over5.5k
oil is changed every 6 months(about 4000 miles) so hopefully all will last until i get rid of it later this year
heres a before and current pic