Sponsored by:

Modifications in 2006

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2006, 01:41 AM
P1 FEK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifications in 2006

This year started with a few modifications after having my engine rebuilt on May 2005, during the rebuild several internal modifications were made and items replaced.
Forged STI pistons
Version 8 crank & rods
Ported heads
Piper cams
Blitz Front mount intercooler & hard pipes
Forge recirculating dump valve
Induction Kit & Heat Shield
Magan headers
Decat 3" Exhaust
Walbro Fuel pump.
New oil pump and cooler
ECUtek Remap

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q.../dyno10002.jpg

The engine was then remapped from 300bhp/270lbft to 317bhp/305lbft in Jan 2006 at Alan Jeffery’s in Plymouth. At this stage it became apparent that the injectors and turbo were nearing they’re limit. Also the clutch began to slip due to the increase in torque now being produced, so this was exchanged for an uprated one and the gearbox checked and the main shaft seal replaced. The car remained in this spec until September 2006 and the Magan headers finally cracked on three of the pipes along with a cracked radiator, split turbo inlet pipe and failed MAF sensor. So the following work was carried out, replacements for the radiator, split turbo inlet pipe, MAF sensor and new wrapped Headers from Lateral Performance. During November and December the following was also fitted;

IHI VF34 Turbo
550cc Nismo Injectors
Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller
New HT Leads
NGK PFR7B Spark Plugs
New Idle Control Valve
New Fuel Filter
New Lambda Sensor
AP Racing 6pots 355mm Discs
ECUtek Remap

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q.../dyno20003.jpg

Then remaped the engine again in December at Alan Jeffery’s in Plymouth and the final result 349.6bhp/320lbft and it drives wonderfully smooth with plenty of power exactly when I want it. This year has not been smooth sailing and several problems overcome but I’d like to say a big thank you to the guys at Alan Jeffery’s, Rowleys Performance Engineering and K&R Autos for all they’re help and advice.