Alarm Trouble - Help :s

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2006, 06:47 PM
dreamer_girl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Trouble - Help :s

Hiya

After somebody very helpfully told me how to set the alarm (standard UK 06 STi car) so that the doors auto-lock when the ignition key is turned, I thought I'd give it a go this afternoon - what can go wrong !!! I'd found the alarm booklet and the instructions all tallied up with what had been posted (thank you to whoever that was )

However...

Sat in the car, followed the instructions (turn on ignition, press radio button on keyfob, press "4" on keypad, turn off ignition). However the doors wouldnt' lock on startup. So I thought perhaps the alarm system needed cycling with a lock/unlock, so I did taht.... except.. all the doors deadlocked with me inside, and wouldn't unlock again !!!

With hindsight its quite funny - me sat in the car with the alarm armed, the doors deadlocked, thinking "well I can't phone anyone cos if I move the alarm will go off, and I can't get out of the car cos the doors are deadlocked"!!!!!

Ended up having to turn the ignition on to activate the alarm, which thankfully unlocked the doors.

Turns out that BOTH keyfobs had their transmitters de-synchronised with the car somehow, so neither keyfob transmitter worked.

I've resync'd it, but has anyone heard of this before?

Oh - and the doors still don't lock on startup !!!!

PS - do I get the award for the most stupid thing this year !!