Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I won't be changing the silencer!

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2001, 08:51 AM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

In light of what I have just read on this thread, I think that it's not a good idea for me to get the Scoobysport rear silencer - I'd assume that it would make a fair amount of noise...

I'm already on bad terms with neighbours cos my mate pops around in his Supra which sounds like a 747...And I usually get home at silly times on weekends which won't go down too well...
Old 29 November 2001, 08:56 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I live aty the end of a cul de sac, a lot of the neighbours have small kids/babies, all i do is potter down to the end where i live, i wdo anyway due to there being kids about, not much more noise than a std b/box.

There are degrees of noise/back box, some are louder than others.
Old 29 November 2001, 09:08 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

I think a little consideration is all that is required. I make less noise coming and going (scoobysport backbox) than the complete tw*t further down my road who seems to think its a personal challenge to get his diesel AutoGlass transit up to 60 before he leaves the estate. Slow down well before you get home to allow the turbo to cool so you dont have to idle outside the house. Idling outside in the morning while you clean the frost is no more noisy than next doors diesel mondeo estate.

Never had any bad comments from the neighbours (well not about car noise anyway )

Deano
Old 29 November 2001, 07:50 PM
Otis
Scooby Regular

I sold a 'very popular make' of backbox and fitted a Prodrive WRSport as I felt it was too loud. The Prodrive one gives you a lovely rumble but not so much volume. I have also found that I don't get flashed anymore when overtaking jurasics in Honda Accords on 3 mile straights on a clear summers day. What must have been razzing them was the soundtrack as I passed, in hindsight it must have sounded like 160mph rather than 60mph.

Try and attend a track day or meet and have a listen to the different brands. Alternatively I have seen many successful postings requesting local members to meet up and provide a demo.

Go for it mate. If you stick with the twin pea shooters it's like having a dog and barking yourself.

Otis.