Sponsored by:

Scoob stolen at gunpoint in St Helens

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2006, 11:21 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Scoob stolen at gunpoint in St Helens

My Mum phoned me earlier and told me of a Black Subaru Impreza being stolen from KFC in St Helens the other day

The lad was 19 and with his 7 month pregnant girlfriend, and had a gun put to his head to hand over the keys and get out

he did get out with his girlfriend and the theives made off with his car

I hope the peeps concerned are ok, and that someone catches the b*stards who did this

This is quite scary being only a *few* miles from my house, and in many ways im glad I drive a dull boring car that goes largely unnoticed
Old 14 December 2006, 11:24 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

jesus, that just puts shivers down my back. hate hearing about ****e like that
Old 14 December 2006, 11:27 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh dear lord.... theres no need for that.

Where is ST Helens btw?
Old 14 December 2006, 11:35 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Somewhere inbetween Liverpool and Manchester, but closer to Liverpool
Old 14 December 2006, 11:45 PM
KandyRed
Scooby Regular

thats so scary, aint too far from me =\
Old 14 December 2006, 11:52 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

F^cking t^sses
Old 14 December 2006, 11:55 PM
muzza6464
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Sonic*
My Mum phoned me earlier and told me of a Black Subaru Impreza being stolen from KFC in St Helens the other day

The lad was 19 and with his 7 month pregnant girlfriend, and had a gun put to his head to hand over the keys and get out

he did get out with his girlfriend and the theives made off with his car

I hope the peeps concerned are ok, and that someone catches the b*stards who did this

This is quite scary being only a *few* miles from my house, and in many ways im glad I drive a dull boring car that goes largely unnoticed
Think we should all get flame throwers fitted under our cars to fire at them they all want makin into toast they should get a proper job the scumbags!!!
Old 14 December 2006, 11:59 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

I have seen a black scoob knocking about round here, but this was before one was stolen, i dont know if it was a classic or new age

No doubt it will be in the local paper with some more details

I do get quite a few scoobs going past the house, and this incident is probably no more than 2 or 3 miles from the Micklehead, basically the other end of the dual carriageway from the KFC

Im down that way (KFC end ) quite a bit, but thankfully not in the scoob anymore

Thats quite a few been stolen from around here lately, but the first ive heard of being at gunpoint
Old 15 December 2006, 12:04 AM
scotty44
Scooby Regular

what some people will do for a motor

Hope them 2 are ok after this ordeal

W@nkers ..... Nuff said
Old 15 December 2006, 12:18 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

I have seen a black scoob knocking about round here, but this was before one was stolen, i dont know if it was a classic or new age

No doubt it will be in the local paper with some more details

I do get quite a few scoobs going past the house, and this incident is probably no more than 2 or 3 miles from the Micklehead, basically the other end of the dual carriageway from the KFC

Im down that way (KFC end ) quite a bit, but thankfully not in the scoob anymore

Thats quite a few been stolen from around here lately, but the first ive heard of being at gunpoint
Looks like its time for me to use the Micra a little more! Thats me goin past your house mate Apparently a couple of lads tried to take a scoob a few weeks ago in St Helens from a women with a young child in the car - as soon as they saw the child they backed off and let her go. Dont know if it was reported on - got the info of turbo_babe who's cousin is a copper. Know how the lad feels after the scum tried to get mine in Liverpool. I will come and get those wheels off you soon mate - you should be charging me storage
Old 15 December 2006, 12:38 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

I know its you, usually see you if im outside having a smoke

plus you usually drive quite sensibly past mine, whereas a few of the others tend to cane it past, at least you wait till its late and no ones about

Hadnt heard about that one with the woman and child, when did they try and get yours? thats why I got the Laguna, with working all round Liverpool, just didnt trust being in the Scoob, and at the moment im doing two days a week in Dingle (not the most savoury of places, and neither are the people, and thats just the school kids I have to endure )

No worries about the wheels, they are safe, ready for you to collect them just let me know when, hows the house coming on now
Old 15 December 2006, 07:35 AM
moneys
Scooby Regular

I,ve seen the car your on about i think , if i,m right its not actually a turbo but a kitted up sport made to look like a turbo. I,m soory though lads i dont agree with your comments on liverpool though as there are much worse places around. Take a look at manchester just up the road as well their has been numerous cars stolen lately at gun point, one of them the mother had to drag her son out of the car. I feel extremely sorry for the couple that this happened to as my wife is also 6 months pregnant but this can happen to you in any 'nice' car not just a scooby. Will you please not put scousers in the same old boring catagory that you always seem to do, were not all the same as ,m sure not all tellins people are the same (trust me i,m currently going to college there and know what there like)
ste
Old 15 December 2006, 07:51 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

There are a few black scoobs in Tellins (I own one)... 2 live in Parr, a classic import with tri spoke alloys and a tarted up bug eye very similar to mine but she (the owner) has a pro-drive spoiler, which I dont...

A little scary as I go to said KFC in my black beast but Tellins (land of the gods) is a small town and most drug and gun crime is a result of the Liverpool influence so hopefully these smackheads just wanted a fast ride back to Huyton...

As for moneys comments, I know for a fact where most of the crime in our town comes from. And any "anti-Liverpool" comments are not far from the mark when it comes to gun crime. We are closely linked geographically and personally with certain elements from the Crapital of Culture...

Anyhoo, thanks for the heads up Sonic... I'll do what I always do, keep the doors locked and growl at everyone
Old 15 December 2006, 09:06 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
I,m soory though lads i dont agree with your comments on liverpool though as there are much worse places around. Take a look at manchester just up the road
Yes but I work around liverpool, so my concern is the danger in Liverpool, not Manchester, Ive already spent my time working in and around Manchester

Will you please not put scousers in the same old boring catagory that you always seem to do, were not all the same as ,m sure not all tellins people are the same (trust me i,m currently going to college there and know what there like)
ste
Tell you what you work in the school in Dingle that im at then, this isnt a Scousers/Liverpool thing, a lot of the kids arent good, and yesterday I got offered some Skunk !

If I was working somewhere else in some other town, and the kids / people were just as bad I would say exactly the same thing

I have been warned many many many times by my colleauges (who are all scousers and live in Liverpool and have done all their lives) DO NOT use my Scoob for work, it WILL be stolen or broken into at some point

The car park we use for our office (Childwall fiveways) has a reputation of having cars broken into, every single member of staff has had theirs broken into at least once

None of this is hearsay about Liverpool it is pure and simple FACT

My next door neighbour had 3 or 4 ******* break in to his house (whilst he was alseep) and take both his cars (they were found in Liverpool), my mate had his scoob stolen from his house (broke in took keys etc) his car was found (again in Liverpool)

Anyway the thread is about someone being car-jacked at gun point in my home town very close to where I live, where I work and the references to Liverpool due to FACTS, are the reason I no longer use my scoob (certainly for work at least) or for the local trips to the KFC area
Old 15 December 2006, 09:14 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

It wont change my driving habits Steve... If you need a lift to KFC let me know
Old 15 December 2006, 09:30 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Do they do deliveries ?
Old 15 December 2006, 09:42 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

No they dont do liver, just chicken....

Do you know how much I hate the fat bolton tosser Peter Kay and now I'm using his lines

Anyway, off out round Tellins in the scoob shortly (I'm off today)... I'll keep an eye out for guns... Anyway, guns dont kill people, rappers do.
Old 15 December 2006, 09:44 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i'd prob loose me rag at em and take a swing at em, gun or no lol
Old 15 December 2006, 11:36 AM
X30NGO
Scooby Regular

Yes but I work around liverpool, so my concern is the danger in Liverpool, not Manchester, Ive already spent my time working in and around Manchester

Tell you what you work in the school in Dingle that im at then, this isnt a Scousers/Liverpool thing, a lot of the kids arent good, and yesterday I got offered some Skunk !

If I was working somewhere else in some other town, and the kids / people were just as bad I would say exactly the same thing

I have been warned many many many times by my colleauges (who are all scousers and live in Liverpool and have done all their lives) DO NOT use my Scoob for work, it WILL be stolen or broken into at some point

The car park we use for our office (Childwall fiveways) has a reputation of having cars broken into, every single member of staff has had theirs broken into at least once

My next door neighbour had 3 or 4 ******* break in to his house (whilst he was alseep) and take both his cars (they were found in Liverpool), my mate had his scoob stolen from his house (broke in took keys etc) his car was found (again in Liverpool)

Anyway the thread is about someone being car-jacked at gun point in my home town very close to where I live, where I work and the references to Liverpool due to FACTS, are the reason I no longer use my scoob (certainly for work at least) or for the local trips to the KFC area

liverpool is no worse than bradford/manchester/birmingham etc. Although Dingle is not typical liverpool!!! It's basically scouse baghdad lol. If something is gonna get robbed, you ain't really gonna be able to stop it. All you can do is cover your back by lockin **** up in as good a place as you can etc etc. If some dick wants to take it, he probably will.

Bongo.
Old 15 December 2006, 12:04 PM
classic_sti
Scooby Regular

anyone live near hyde like me?
a scoob was stolen at gun point about 3 weeks ago in hyde centre by 4 asian guys in a honda civic type r, i drive round with my doors locked all the time!
Old 15 December 2006, 12:06 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I,ve seen the car your on about i think , if i,m right its not actually a turbo but a kitted up sport made to look like a turbo. I,m soory though lads i dont agree with your comments on liverpool though as there are much worse places around. Take a look at manchester just up the road as well their has been numerous cars stolen lately at gun point, one of them the mother had to drag her son out of the car. I feel extremely sorry for the couple that this happened to as my wife is also 6 months pregnant but this can happen to you in any 'nice' car not just a scooby. Will you please not put scousers in the same old boring catagory that you always seem to do, were not all the same as ,m sure not all tellins people are the same (trust me i,m currently going to college there and know what there like)
ste
I bet the thieves were well gutted when they found out it was only a sport they had nicked for their pre-planned ram raid.

It is not funny in the slightest what happened but you have to see the funny side of them nicking a sport
Old 15 December 2006, 01:59 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

I KNOW A LAD THAT OWNED A GORGEOUS LOOKING SCOOBY BUT IT WAS AN AUTOMATIC SPORT, SOMEONE NICKED IT BUT ON REALISING IT WAS AN AUTO SPORT THEN DUMPED IN TWO STREETS AWAY !! I HAD TO LAUGH.
Old 15 December 2006, 02:05 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by classic_sti
anyone live near hyde like me?
a scoob was stolen at gun point about 3 weeks ago in hyde centre by 4 asian guys in a honda civic type r, i drive round with my doors locked all the time!
I work there, was just at asda in hyde and parked near a load of asians and they were all staring and doing that nodding thing. (not saying its asians doing the robbing by the way)
Old 15 December 2006, 02:20 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

At the height of my problems with my Golf (black R32) I got seriously worried about my wife driving it.
It was a major wind up driving car crime target number 1 (at the time).

Slightly marred the whole experience.
At least you lot don't get your wheels, rear apron and front spoilers nicked and stuck on 1.4 Golfs!
Old 15 December 2006, 02:27 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Interesting read on the worst areas for car crime,even though the writer thinks leeds,bradford and hull are in south yorkshire,

stupid ,stupid people

New stats reveal UK's car crime hotspots - News - Autocar Online
Old 15 December 2006, 02:27 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

rear spoilers appear on other things though (mainly corsa's amd saxo's)

Old 15 December 2006, 03:34 PM
sterb5
Scooby Regular

hey abdabz i live round st.helens area .have seen the two cars u mentioned . will look out for u on my rounds.
Old 15 December 2006, 04:25 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz

As for moneys comments, I know for a fact where most of the crime in our town comes from. And any "anti-Liverpool" comments are not far from the mark when it comes to gun crime. We are closely linked geographically and personally with certain elements from the Crapital of Culture...
So where are these "facts" then . all i said is that liverpool like a lot of other city,s, it has organised crime but if you look at the stats and listen to the media you will find that its more common in manchester. but oh no you wont hear of a bad word said about manchester in tellins will you, you just blame everything on the scousers. its complete bollocks the way you lot go on on here hiding behind your keyboards putting the world to rights.
I for one know liverpool aint some crime free city but what i do know is that we dont carry out every single car robbery or murder in merseyside, in fact how do you even know this said crime wasn,t carried out by one of your "own"? Its easy to point the finger at the scousers though as everyone expects it of them dont they.
Old 15 December 2006, 04:35 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

[quote=*Sonic*]Yes but I work around liverpool, so my concern is the danger in Liverpool, not Manchester, Ive already spent my time working in and around Manchester[quote=*Sonis*]
So did you use your car in manchester then? bet you came out to it every day and the local lads were washing it for you weren,t they

[quote=*Sonic*]

If I was working somewhere else in some other town, and the kids / people were just as bad I would say exactly the same thing[quote-*Sonic*]
Yes i,m sure you would as your the spokesman for every local tourist group aren,t you
[quote=*Sonic*]

The car park we use for our office (Childwall fiveways) has a reputation of having cars broken into, every single member of staff has had theirs broken into at least once[quote=*Sonic*] i.m currently going to tellins college and i have been warned countless times to not leave your car out of sight as it will be broken into, i dont though i park it in sight of the main building, this is called using your brain when driving a nice car. Must say though no-one mentioned that it was scousers robbing all the cars.
[quote=*Sonic*]

My next door neighbour had 3 or 4 ******* break in to his house (whilst he was alseep) and take both his cars (they were found in Liverpool), my mate had his scoob stolen from his house (broke in took keys etc) his car was found (again in Liverpool)[quote=*Sonic*] So thats it then isn,t it they must of been scousers, next you,ll blame us for the titanic as that came to liverpool before it set sail on its final trip. They could of been on there way to somewhere it doesn,t mean they were from liverpool FACT.

So when exactly do you use your car then or do you just like the idea of sayin you,ve got a scoob to impress people down the pub
Old 15 December 2006, 05:02 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

So where are these "facts" then . all i said is that liverpool like a lot of other city,s, it has organised crime but if you look at the stats and listen to the media you will find that its more common in manchester. but oh no you wont hear of a bad word said about manchester in tellins will you, you just blame everything on the scousers. its complete bollocks the way you lot go on on here hiding behind your keyboards putting the world to rights.
I for one know liverpool aint some crime free city but what i do know is that we dont carry out every single car robbery or murder in merseyside, in fact how do you even know this said crime wasn,t carried out by one of your "own"? Its easy to point the finger at the scousers though as everyone expects it of them dont they.
Look you bumbling buffoon I'm not hiding behind a keyboard... I'll send you a piccy if you like I have in the past regularly attended various meets organised through SN and openly told all what my user name is on here... No hiding... Also my mums side of the family and many of my friends are scousers... I have open friendly banter with them all about our closest city. It's shame that you seem to be one of the Bigley Brigade who feel compelled to huddle together and overly defend the place.

Living in St Helens for a midges tit over 30 years has allowed me to see the impact of being so close to Liverpool and the encrochment of the city to the point it is almost swallowing up a town in its own right.
From fashion to crime to drugs to accents to music, the influence of the city on St Helens grows each year.

I only have my personal experiences to go on. My dealings with connected people of years gone by. My experiences of local dealers. My experiences of catching scousers breaking into my car. The trouble caused by them in the biggers bars in St Helens, which mean many locals stay away from certain pubs in the town centre... My experience of where every stolen car from St Helens seems to end up.

I do not dispute that Manchester, Derby, Nottingham or Truro are any worse or better, but what goes on in this little working class town is massively impacted by only one city.
This thread is not about Liverpool, although I applaud you for Bigleyising it into one. It's about the first ever armed car jacking in this town and if the story about the car jacking is actually true and the car is ever found, I bet you a pound to a piece of **** it's found in the 'pool la...

Quick Reply: Scoob stolen at gunpoint in St Helens