Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was charged by the Police tonight !

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2006, 09:00 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was charged by the Police tonight !

Ok, firstly, I'm not ones of those blokes that drives around with their front fogs on all the time just for a pose ! Generally they're not on if it's not foggy.

However, one of my headlight bulbs went a few nights back so I decided to use the front fogs also until I got round to replacing it at the weekend (ie, when it wasn't dark).

Anyway, was driving home from work tonight and was pulled over by the police. An older female officer stopped me explained it was about the lights and asked me to get into the back of their patrol car. Then I saw him !!
A fresh faced young lad of a Probationer ! I had hoped I might be let off with a warning, but I quickly learnt than £30 fine was gonna be my Chrissie present from Lothian & Borders Police ! Great to help some fecking newbie police officer build up his tally !!

But here's the rub, and I did ask them to clarify this : if had simply driven the car with one headlight they would have asked me to fix it within a week, they only charged me bacause I misused my foglights !! ( ie making the car more visible ).

Andy Mc
Old 08 December 2006, 09:06 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Bummer man! L&B police eh? My mate works for them - the general attitude is that they love to f*ck over anyone with a nice car, a nice house or money. They have little interest in getting involved with real criminals because they stand a chance of getting a shoeing if spotted off duty. My mate won't go to certain night clubs for that reason, instead he spends hit taxpayers wages dishing out tickets to guys like you just trying to do the right thing. When somone is being jumped on by 5 youths him and his chums are nowhere to be seen
Old 08 December 2006, 09:07 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how stupid is that, cant understand them sometimes
Old 08 December 2006, 09:07 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Sory to hear that but that's just fu*cking stupid police for ya !
I cant believe they fined ya, When you most want them at times & at the right places they are never there ..
Old 08 December 2006, 09:08 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Bummer man! L&B police eh? My mate works for them - the general attitude is that they love to f*ck over anyone with a nice car, a nice house or money. They have little interest in getting involved with real criminals because they stand a chance of getting a shoeing if spotted off duty. My mate won't go to certain night clubs for that reason, instead he spends hit taxpayers wages dishing out tickets to guys like you just trying to do the right thing. When somone is being jumped on by 5 youths him and his chums are nowhere to be seen
not much of a mate then is he...

andy
Old 08 December 2006, 09:13 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Not really, only see him every now and again and as a car enthusiast we have disagreements from time-to-time
Old 08 December 2006, 09:19 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I was once stopped by Plod for having a headlight out and advised that for safety it would make sense to use the fogs until I had it fixed, but to get it fixed ASAP. I'd go take it up with the desk seargent, and if he gives you no joy write to the CC explaining that you were behaving in the interests of safety and wouldn't normally use the prat-lights except in their proper context.

Trending Topics

Old 08 December 2006, 09:21 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

^^ agree, nothing to lose
Old 08 December 2006, 09:29 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Unlucky night for you matey.
Can i just bring up your comments regarding fogs and posing, never quite understood this. I have had a few cars over the years with fogs and i can honestly say i can't remember ever using them. The young lad next door to me (licence for 6 months) always drive with his on. I must remember to ask him why. May be a girl cant refuse a guy with active fog control
One last thing, i really hate those that drive with side lights and fogs at night instead of using headlights
Nik.

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Ok, firstly, I'm not ones of those blokes that drives around with their front fogs on all the time just for a pose ! Generally they're not on if it's not foggy.

However, one of my headlight bulbs went a few nights back so I decided to use the front fogs also until I got round to replacing it at the weekend (ie, when it wasn't dark).

Anyway, was driving home from work tonight and was pulled over by the police. An older female officer stopped me explained it was about the lights and asked me to get into the back of their patrol car. Then I saw him !!
A fresh faced young lad of a Probationer ! I had hoped I might be let off with a warning, but I quickly learnt than £30 fine was gonna be my Chrissie present from Lothian & Borders Police ! Great to help some fecking newbie police officer build up his tally !!

But here's the rub, and I did ask them to clarify this : if had simply driven the car with one headlight they would have asked me to fix it within a week, they only charged me bacause I misused my foglights !! ( ie making the car more visible ).

Andy Mc

Last edited by nik52wrx; 08 December 2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08 December 2006, 09:30 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Everyone should be fined for using front fogs inappropriately. I hate being fecking dazzled everywhere by ******* with their whole front end lit up like someone out on a Kangaroo hunt, simply for the pose value.
Old 08 December 2006, 09:34 PM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

Unlucky, you used a bit of common sense and paid the price.The amount of idiots i see driving around with NO LIGHTS makes me despair!
Old 08 December 2006, 09:36 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *AL*
The amount of idiots i see driving around with NO LIGHTS makes me despair!
I've done that three times this week. That's because I'm in a fecking YARIS at the moment, not a scoob, and the digital dash comes on whether the lights are on or not. Furthermore, all our local roads are brightly lit, so you can't tell whether they're on or not until someone flashes you to remind you.
Old 08 December 2006, 09:52 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Everyone should be fined for using front fogs inappropriately. I hate being fecking dazzled everywhere by ******* with their whole front end lit up like someone out on a Kangaroo hunt, simply for the pose value.

Whilst, as I said, Bob, I never use foglights unless it's foggy, I can't see how you'd be dazzled by front fogs, back, yes, but front are angled pretty low so shouldn't cause any bother.

Was sorry to hear about you having two Scoobs nicked in a month (now that's a job for the cops !).
Old 08 December 2006, 09:55 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I was once stopped by Plod for having a headlight out and advised that for safety it would make sense to use the fogs until I had it fixed, but to get it fixed ASAP. I'd go take it up with the desk seargent, and if he gives you no joy write to the CC explaining that you were behaving in the interests of safety and wouldn't normally use the prat-lights except in their proper context.
Well said
Old 08 December 2006, 09:58 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Cheers mate. yeah, I got a distinct impression that if the copcar had had two experienced officers in it, they would have let me off with a caution.
I was just this Propbationers feckin' flunky ! (they have to get so many of each type of "offence2 in their probationary period).

As far as fighting it is concerned, well there were no points, and they showed me there (lengthy !) traffic offence list and "missuse of foglights" was defo there in black and white !
Old 08 December 2006, 10:03 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Slightly off topic (but then I started the thread ), but does anybody know how to get access to the headlight bulbs on the WRX300/ Prodrive lights (ie they are black plastic with separate bulbs for dipped beam, indicator and full beam) ??

One chap said you need ot move the headlamp, another said no.

Any thoughts welcomed !

Andy Mc
Old 08 December 2006, 10:13 PM
Will
BANNED

what are cops doing bout ya scoobys then bubba??
Old 08 December 2006, 10:36 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
what are cops doing bout ya scoobys then bubba??
Well, the second one is supposedly being investigated because it was a burglary. I can't believe I'm still so pissed off. I really wanted to keep that car. It will never, ever turn up. I reckon both of them will have been stripped within a day.

I've stopped seeing scoobs in my village and local town, where I used to see them regularly - I suspect that loads have been nicked.
Old 08 December 2006, 11:13 PM
Will
BANNED

the cops was quit quick in investigating mine. as it was obviouse it was hot wired. they found it 4miles down the road and it was a write off, butt its over now. wish i could grab hold of the *******s that nicked it. i spent **** load on the car and i only got £2500 off the insurance. good luck with your's mate
Old 08 December 2006, 11:19 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
...I can't see how you'd be dazzled by front fogs, back, yes, but front are angled pretty low so shouldn't cause any bother.
I'm in agreement with this for the most part. As far as I can see it's normally an irrational hatred thing that winds people up about front fogs used at the wrong time.

Bizzarre if you ask me, but each to their own.

There's been some great threads about this, seems to hit a nerve with some folks!
Old 08 December 2006, 11:27 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ru'
I'm in agreement with this for the most part. As far as I can see it's normally an irrational hatred thing that winds people up about front fogs used at the wrong time.

Bizzarre if you ask me, but each to their own.

There's been some great threads about this, seems to hit a nerve with some folks!
Anyone with front fogs on in clear conditions gets full beam off me in retaliation.
Old 08 December 2006, 11:44 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Anyone with front fogs on in clear conditions gets full beam off me in retaliation.
Of course, seems perfectly rational to me...

lol

ps bad luck to the original poster; hope you get it withdrawn.
Old 08 December 2006, 11:55 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you Andy. Having said that the loads of people do go round with full fogs on, even in pooring rain for no other reason than to look cool so its good to hear that people actually do do something about it. It's just a same the copper didn't apply common sence in your case
Old 09 December 2006, 12:25 AM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

Only time I ever used my front fogs (except in fog.............) was when I was the Honorary Secretary of my local RNLI station. When we had a "shout" it was main beam and front fogs - get the **** out of my way - as I blasted down to the lifeboat station to fire the maroons and summon the crew

If the local plod had got in my way, they would have been tossed into the sea
Old 09 December 2006, 12:46 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pippyrips
Gutted for you Andy. Having said that the loads of people do go round with full fogs on, even in pooring rain for no other reason than to look cool so its good to hear that people actually do do something about it. It's just a same the copper didn't apply common sence in your case
Cheers Pippy.

Don't think commonsense comes into it when a Probationer wants a few more "Brownie points!" Just spent the last 2 hours looking for my MOT btw !!
Found it eventually (I'm not the tidiest of guys !! ).

Andy
Old 09 December 2006, 02:39 AM
motoxxxr
Scooby Regular

have they not got anything else better to do? i got pulled up tonight to cos i got headlamp bulb gone they gave me a breathaliser ( which i passed.. i dont drink and drive) and a producer, what a waste of time,,
Old 09 December 2006, 02:54 AM
wrx_yank
Scooby Regular

an old rap group called NWA sang a song called "F**K the POLICE" for a reason.
Old 09 December 2006, 02:55 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Well - Judging by the video evidence of the police themselves, they'll chase down anyone for any reason UNTIL they end up at a Gypo Camp then they'll slink away with no arrests, no questions, no respect, no right to a % of the tax pound we pay them !!

Time to focus on the reality

Flame Suit On.

The reason the prisons are full of young black men is "surprisingly" that young black men commit most crimes - Get fecking real you PC wnakers.

No gypos in Jail ?
Reason : Cops have "NO GO" areas : One of which is Gypo camps.

Still - Glad to see the balance has been restored with a somalian illegal immigrant convicted of raping a schoolgirl at knife point has just been awarded £50,000 cos he chose to remain in jail whilst his deportation was sorted out.

Old 09 December 2006, 03:26 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Originally Posted by jods
No gypos in Jail ?
Reason : Cops have "NO GO" areas : One of which is Gypo camps.

Here's a few
BBC NEWS | England | Leicestershire | Police seize £3m in goods in raid
Old 09 December 2006, 07:10 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what annoys me about police, everyone says they should catch the real crooks etc and its TRUE, i mean, FFS, fog lights were one WOW !!!!

Big deal.

thos enew cars with ***** off bright lights that look purple should be banned too !!!!!

stereo system been nicked, yep,heres a ticket number, goodbye.....

fog lights on, oo, get some wedge

If we lived in a society where crime was all sorted and solved then id say they do good,but with all the ***** ups they make s**** like this does my head in

Quick Reply: I was charged by the Police tonight !