Sponsored by:

bad mpg

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2006, 11:52 PM
burtysbugeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad mpg

Ok ive had my car for nearly 3 years now, its a 2001 bugeye wrx, now when i first got it it was very good on fuel and has been for most the time ive owned it, but now it seems to have got terrible, im putting £15 of fuel in and getting 60mile out of it, and thats not even thrashing it, ive also noticed that it feels abit lumpy to drive, its hard to explain but sometimes its as if it feels juddery or as if when you put your foot down it has like a slight delay on it, hard to explain really, just wondering what it could be, its coming upto 109,000 miles and i thought about getting it remapped, is it fine to remap a car with this many miles on it, the car only had 40,000 on it when i got it and its never missed a beat in the time ive had it.
Old 07 December 2006, 11:56 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Re mapping the car at high mileage, you should PM onw of the Mappers that frequent this site, eg "Andy F" or "Bob Rawle".

Your fuel economy, doesn't seem too unusual !!

Re the juddering, when was the car last serviced ? How old are the plugs ?
Old 08 December 2006, 12:56 AM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Depends on fuel cost - but works out to about 17mpg.... Pretty poor for a WRX, definitely sounds like you have a problem somewhere. Mine (Import Bugeye WRX) is about 23mpg, pretty much the same before and after a remap though. Can get about 28mpg if I'm very careful.....

I would definitely recommend a remap from a mapper that knows Imprezas, mine felt totally different after (better!), with the added benefit that an experienced mapper will be able to diagnose any faults you car may have. My mapper spotted a faulty MAF within minutes of getting in my car.

Get it checked - probably just a dodgy sensor, or plugs or something simple, but may cause expensive problems if left.