Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STI 5 Bump Steer Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2000, 02:48 PM
cwal1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone out there had the Powerstation bump steer mod carried out and if so, what are your feelings about it's effect on the handling.

PS posted initially in Suspension but no answer.

ChrisW.
Old 09 November 2000, 02:58 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

I drove Scott J Davies' car on Sunday in the rain up a twisty slippery road and also did a couple of big roundabouts. He has had the Bump Steer Mod and although he has also changed the springs and the bump rubbers, it handles amazingly well. All the understeer has gone and you can fly round bends about twice as fast.

Do it - do it now - you'll love it!!! I'm gonna get mine modded as soon as I've sussed out the Warranty situation.
Old 09 November 2000, 03:06 PM
RichieC
Scooby Regular

Im getting mine done a week on Monday, Ill let you know.

Best Regards

Rich
Old 09 November 2000, 03:15 PM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Talking

It is the dog's cohonies.

Do a search theres my earlier post and one of Stefs that detail the mod in all its glory.

SJD
Old 09 November 2000, 03:33 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Talking

In fact it is so good some of us wondered why it took Stef and others so long to have it done.

Had mine done in the spring and it is a superb modification. The bump steer change alone made a bigger difference than Prodrive alignment/anti-lift kit put together!

My car now has ALK and bump steer which has the added benefit of significantly less negative camber and so more even tyre wear, with substantially more front end grip.

On a very wet Castle Combe recently the car would only understeer under very extreme circumstances (full throttle with lock after the apex).

The modification gives the steering a feel of great clarity with the car being much more responsive to wheel movements, and a sense that there is much less resistence in the corner.

Get it done and enjoy!

R

PS I am refering to an STi V which is what you asked - STi seem to benefit even more than UK cars.

[This message has been edited by Rannoch (edited 09 November 2000).]
Old 09 November 2000, 04:58 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Extremely daft question, but does it allow you to play more with the rear of the car?

I'm thinking of a UK spec here, and I'd like to dial out the understeer a bit whilst not making it too tail happy.

Being less than a wonderful driver technically, I'd not want to be letting myself in for something that I couldn't handle.
Old 09 November 2000, 05:40 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

I've read with interest all the glowing reports about the bumpsteer mod, but has anyone had it done to a P1?

Josh