Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a good WR1 going to be worth.........

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2006, 08:40 PM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a good WR1 going to be worth.........

In about 18 months time?

Looking to get my next scoob then, should have a nice bit of money coming to me, so want to get something a bit special.

I know its difficult to judge future values but opinions would be appreciated.

Cheers
David
Old 05 December 2006, 09:17 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

13-15k tops i would think-but then again what would i know
Old 05 December 2006, 09:57 PM
PCM
Scooby Regular

17k+
Old 05 December 2006, 10:04 PM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

One has gone on ebay today for £16800.

I'd have thought around £14,000 in 18 months time.
Old 05 December 2006, 10:10 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
i hardly even see them on the road + i dont even see them on autotrader or anywhere at all for sale ..
Where the hell do you people look for a WR1 ????
Old 05 December 2006, 10:13 PM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sti_Prodrive
i hardly even see them on the road + i dont even see them on autotrader or anywhere at all for sale ..
Subaru dealer?
Old 05 December 2006, 10:29 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Sti_Prodrive

wr1oc.co.uk

Trending Topics

Old 05 December 2006, 11:00 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Subaru Dealers ??? are you mad ???

Do you want me 2 get clean my bank account out or sumthing !!!

Hell no, not the direct dealers man dats crazy
Old 06 December 2006, 09:19 AM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Here's a thought...instead of shovelling all your money into a 5 year old example of a 15 year old design why not invest it wisely so you have some money behind you? It may be boring, but if you bought yourself a nice little rental property it would be worth a tidy sum when you retire and someone else would have paid the mortgage for you.
Old 06 December 2006, 11:22 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
Here's a thought...instead of shovelling all your money into a 5 year old example of a 15 year old design why not invest it wisely so you have some money behind you? It may be boring, but if you bought yourself a nice little rental property it would be worth a tidy sum when you retire and someone else would have paid the mortgage for you.
Wise words, but falling on deaf ears in this forum.

I know, i've blown a flat deposit on mods in 12m
Old 06 December 2006, 11:33 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

One went for £21K in the dealers up the road.
Old 06 December 2006, 11:54 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Wise words, but falling on deaf ears in this forum.
Wise words my ****.

Question : How much will a WR1 cost in 18 months

Answer : Use the money instead to buy a property (of course, buying a property for £15K will be tricky) to use when you retire. I have no idea about you plans, you pension provision, or you personal circumstances - but I am going to pass judgement anyway and tell you to use the money to invest in the future, rather than buy a car.

Question : Sorry, you must of confused my somewhat simple request as to future WR1 prices for a request for detailed financial planning for my retirement. I can see how this would be a simple mistake to make.
Old 06 December 2006, 12:05 PM
Deano1983
Scooby Regular

Must admit am thinking of parting with my money in the next 12month on one of these babys.

Any one have one? drove one? how much they compare to a WRX STI?

Also considering a M3 convertable... opinions please

Thanks
Old 06 December 2006, 12:10 PM
borat52
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueblaster
You need to work for the G, they think they are experts at telling people whats best for them. Come to think of it Hitler and Stalin were also pretty fond of that practice too.

Incidentally, if you bought an average property in the UK in 1966 and sold it in 2000 you would have netted 1.9% per annum on it after inflation. Pretty poor if you ask me.

Now someone answer the man's question...
Old 06 December 2006, 12:46 PM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Wise words my ****.

Answer : Use the money instead to buy a property (of course, buying a property for £15K will be tricky) to use when you retire. I have no idea about you plans, you pension provision, or you personal circumstances - but I am going to pass judgement anyway and tell you to use the money to invest in the future, rather than buy a car.

Question : Sorry, you must of confused my somewhat simple request as to future WR1 prices for a request for detailed financial planning for my retirement. I can see how this would be a simple mistake to make.
Was going to reply in a similar vain myself, but couldn't be bothered in the end.

I will state that I am set up for a very comfortable future so don't need to plan for that.

I have had a few scoobs already and enjoy the whole experience so what better way of treating myself than to get a WR1 and enjoy it immensly.

Thank's for nearly all the comments so far, must say also a hawk eye STI could also be an alternative but leaning more towards the WR1 at the mo.
Old 06 December 2006, 12:46 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

...Question : Sorry, you must of confused my somewhat simple request as to future WR1 prices for a request for detailed financial planning for my retirement. I can see how this would be a simple mistake to make.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:11 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Wise words my ****.

You're replying to the wrong poster.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:12 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

As much as like the look of the WR1,i think some of the prices are a bit over optimistic now,let alone in 18 months time.Certainly the 20k+ dealer(and some private)prices at the moment are anyway.

In my opinion,once cars with rock solid residuals(like the WR1 has had),start to depreciate,they don't stop for quite a while..............although they can then stabalise and start going back up(in some rarer cases),so i would have thought that around 12k for a "used" example would have been closer to the mark.

The garaged,cherished and never really moved low mileage ones will always command a premium.......but only really to the hardened fanatic/collector,just look at some of the RB5 prices nowadays,and they were rock solid for a very long time.Also,i know it's not a Scoob,but another good example in recent times is the Focus RS,well used ones of those now are hovering around the 10k mark!!

Also,the RB320 is due out soon,so this will surely have an effect on prices too??

The one thing most people would agree on though is that you will definately lose money(it is just what you consider a lot or not?),but if it is on something you want,why not .
Old 06 December 2006, 01:18 PM
scoobynut555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul2070
As much as like the look of the WR1,i think some of the prices are a bit over optimistic now,let alone in 18 months time.Certainly the 20k+ dealer(and some private)prices at the moment are anyway.

In my opinion,once cars with rock solid residuals(like the WR1 has had),start to depreciate,they don't stop for quite a while..............although they can then stabalise and start going back up(in some rarer cases),so i would have thought that around 12k for a "used" example would have been closer to the mark.

The garaged,cherished and never really moved low mileage ones will always command a premium.......but only really to the hardened fanatic/collector,just look at some of the RB5 prices nowadays,and they were rock solid for a very long time.Also,i know it's not a Scoob,but another good example in recent times is the Focus RS,well used ones of those now are hovering around the 10k mark!!

Also,the RB320 is due out soon,so this will surely have an effect on prices too??

The one thing most people would agree on though is that you will definately lose money(it is just what you consider a lot or not?),but if it is on something you want,why not .
I couldn't agree more, as for losing money well you just wouldn't buy a scoob if that concerned you.

Another reason I am looking at a WR1 is that they will be out of warranty so some performance mods will not be a concern with regards to messing warranty up.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:46 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Like i say mate,if you really don't want to lose money,stay away from (any)cars.I have lost nearly enough since February this year to buy a WR1 myself,but i can't say it hasn't been FUN along the way,with some great experiences.

If cars are your "thing",then do it now,i don't think they will ever be out of my system(already looking for the next batch for 2007 ),and when you look back you can say "i've done that".

Another way i look at the money i lose is quite simply,"could i have rented that car,for that amount of time,for that amount of money?",and if the answer is no,i don't think i am doing too bad,plus my name was actually on the logbook
Old 06 December 2006, 02:36 PM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

In 18 months time a WR1 will be 4 years old, and any large premium price over a standard STi will be gone. £500-£1000 more max.
So your looking at about £13,000 for a 50k miles.

The WR1's biggest problem is it's colour.
It's awful.
Old 06 December 2006, 03:31 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Wise words my ****.

I phrased my reply politely. The wording of the original post suggested that this chap was not flush with cash and so there is absoutely no harm in me suggesting he do something more financially astute with the money that is coming to him. I am sure you have never taken a thread slightly off topic, although nobody would be able to tell given your inability to construct sentences.

He would buy the property by using his £15k to pay the deposit and fees and then use the rental income to finance the mortgage. At least this way he wouldn't be reliant on the pathetic state pension to survive.

This forum can be extremely dangerous. People come on here and tell exciting stories about have they have purchased an expensive car and laugh about how much it cost them in depreciation and running costs. The stories are read by people who try to emulate them, but can't really afford to do so. These people need a reality check and if it means people being rude to me on this site then sobeit.

Now before I let all you multimillionaires get back to talking rubbish I would like to make one financial statement. If you want to live on £25k per year when you retire then you'll need a pension pot of circa £1/2 million. Now look at how much you are saving for retirement. I bet most people on this site spend more on their mobile phone bill. Pensions might not be cool or sexy, but retirement is a hell of a lot better when you'e got one.

Last edited by Blueblaster; 06 December 2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06 December 2006, 03:47 PM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by borat52

Incidentally, if you bought an average property in the UK in 1966 and sold it in 2000 you would have netted 1.9% per annum on it after inflation. Pretty poor if you ask me.
That is a massively misleading statement and you know it. Inflation over that period has been enormous and so inflation plus 1.9% is a very healthy return. Secondly, he would only be investing the deposit. The tennant would be paying the mortgage. If he bought a house for £100k using his £15k as a deposit and to cover the fees then in 25 years the tennant would have paid him £85-90k and the value of the property would have risen enormously.

If you are going to quote statistics to try and make someone look stupid then I suggest you get them right. Otherwise it'll be you that ends up looking stupid.

Next idiot, please!
Old 06 December 2006, 04:08 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

GRAND DESIGNS.net????

Am i THAT idiot....................please tell ??
Old 06 December 2006, 07:05 PM
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCR59
In 18 months time a WR1 will be 4 years old, and any large premium price over a standard STi will be gone. £500-£1000 more max.

It's awful.
I can only assume by that comment you have the standard blue with gold wheels that looks like 90% of mouldy classics ,nothing like being an individual!!

WR1's rock!!!

Do your worst "shoot me down looooser's"
Old 06 December 2006, 07:19 PM
C_B_B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCR59

It's awful.
If you like the colour (and a lot of people do) the WR1 will be a LOT more individual than a STi and if you're young a fair bit cheaper to insure too.

I loved mine, sadly lack of use meant it had to go as it was only getting run every 2-3 weeks to stop the battary going flat.
Old 06 December 2006, 07:19 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Go Spike Go....
Old 06 December 2006, 07:35 PM
Gee WR1
Scooby Regular

Talk about off topic FFS.

Who knows till 18 months down the what they will be worth???
Don't matter to me as i'll be keeping mine for the long run.
Nothing out that would tempt me to sell it, i mean whats the choices??? a Hawkeye Sti? no thanks its got a ugly front, RB 320??? no thanks it's got a ugly front & just looks like any black sti & has no more power really than the 1.

Love the looks & colour of the 1. I know a lot of folk don't like the colour of the 1 but if you see a line of scoobs at a show it's the Wr1 that stands out
Who wants to be a sheep & follow the flock of blue & gold??? Not me
Old 06 December 2006, 08:40 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gee WR1
Talk about off topic FFS.

Who knows till 18 months down the what they will be worth???
Don't matter to me as i'll be keeping mine for the long run.
Nothing out that would tempt me to sell it, i mean whats the choices??? a Hawkeye Sti? no thanks its got a ugly front, RB 320??? no thanks it's got a ugly front & just looks like any black sti & has no more power really than the 1.

Love the looks & colour of the 1. I know a lot of folk don't like the colour of the 1 but if you see a line of scoobs at a show it's the Wr1 that stands out
Who wants to be a sheep & follow the flock of blue & gold??? Not me
100% agree...

No regrets with my WR1.
Old 06 December 2006, 09:15 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Turn it in lads, I had a blue and gold scoob...But like you I grew up and got the 1 never looked back since....

Quick Reply: What's a good WR1 going to be worth.........