Sponsored by:

Legacy GTB - e tune II

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2001, 08:15 PM
Geoff P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just seen some brief info on this looking for a dog carrier (wagon) with more space than an impreza to replace my 4wd. Any one know anything about them and how much?
Old 27 November 2001, 02:07 AM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Not sure what they cost in the UK, but I can say they are rather good Actually, one of the best bang for buck vehicles about imho.

I drive a sedan, but the wagon is excellent too! Same as a B4 bar the ARBs, and the rear obviously. A couple of choice mods will see you well up there with the go fast cars, doing it more comfortably, too.

Check out http://www.lumine.net/subaru/legacyb4/index.html

Sign up for the mailing list - there are plenty of UK members (mostly B4s, but a GTB or 2 as well).

The e-tune 2 is really nice - more suspension rigidity (not sitffer ride, stiffer components), better isolation, stiffer steering box, etc., etc. No downsides vs. the older cars.

Cheers.
Old 27 November 2001, 09:54 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Was considering one of these as a replacement for suzy, as the civic was getting a bit small for maggie (ever growing weimaraner)

belive E-tune is sequential twin turbo, about 280ps, which aint bad. So bascially a bigger version of a impreza Wagon (what i have) as said, a few mods and it'll be a real Q car.
Old 27 November 2001, 12:30 PM
JJamess
Scooby Regular

I have a B4 which is the 4 door version of a GTB. I love the thing. Very fast, very comfortable, well spected, and penty of room. Get one you will not regret it. I am in the uk so if you want to know more ley me know.
Old 27 November 2001, 12:57 PM
SJobson
Scooby Regular

Those E-tunes look very nice indeed - I'd be tempted myself if I hadn't just bought a new car to go alongside my Impreza Wagon.

I was recommended Iain Litchfield as an importer - I think he charges something like £23k for the E-Tune, and here's his site:

http://www.litimports.co.uk/ - some nice pics on there too, although since they look like Subaru promotional pics you may have already seen them.