Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New model Impeza .....Prodrive responds!

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2000, 08:22 PM
ROSS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I rang Powerdrive today to find out what their plans are for the new model impreza. I spoke to Mike Woods who was understandably guarded about what exactly they plan to do but suggested they will offer a similar range of products for the new model as exist for the old one. I could not get him to commit to a time scale for all this although the conversation pointed to the end of the first half of next year.
Mike also let on that they were working now on options for 18 inch wheels ,suspension upgrades ,rear wing ,quick shift , silencers and brakes. As regards performance enhancements I felt Mike was being rather less candid….. Probably? would be as close as I understood from our conversation as he would like to say at this time ,again no actual date but as I understood it the development project was considering this along with the other options.
On a less enigmatic note there will definitely be a new high performance model in the same vein as the P1 (P2...any bets) in favour of Subaru importing the STI “as is” from Japan although it is very unlikely to appear till after next year and will be dependent on it passing European fuel and emission requirements.
Thank you Mike for bothering to spend the time to detail the Prodrive position at this time to me during which is obviously a sensitive period. I hope I have been accurate here , I know you follow the board please correct me if I have made any wrong assumptions here.
Kind Regards Ross.