Which Tracking Device

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2001, 08:54 PM
Hardy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

People,

The time has come to take the plunge for a tracking device! Now I have searched through pervious threads and I am non-the wiser!

So which systems are worth the money, and which systems to stay away from, I have looked at loads of tracking device sites, but they all seem to be the best! (Shock horror)

But the best type of advertising is word of mouth, or in this case BBS

So let me know your thoughts?
Old 24 November 2001, 09:21 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

The question is y r u getting 1? If it's an insurance issue then it's best 2 inquire which reduces the costs most. The 2 main players that i'm aware of r the tracker as used by all ht ecoppers & the RAC trackster as fitted in the p1 etc. The rac has sum nice features i believe like being able to also get 2 u when broken down by usuing its location finder qualities. Must say i like the tracker as u can go 4 wotever set up floats yer boat. basic radio device(guard) if just 2 help track it when it's nicked, next best (retreive) as b4 but detects unauthorsied movement c/o alrm immobiliser malarky & they ask u by the phone if it's sumin yer aware of & go from there...... full monty is the horizon which also uses the not totally fool proof satellite stuff so as well as coppers having ability 2 home in on the radio device but also they tell cops where the car is Told by a security installer that this ain treally necessary if u aint going out of country thou.
Depends on wot yer really looking 4 & can afford i guess?
Si
I presume u have been 2 these sites already then but just 4 those in the cheap seats:
http://www.tracker-network.co.uk/priv_svrs_set.htm
http://www.ractrackstar.com/home2.htm
Old 24 November 2001, 10:58 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

As above really....from an insurance point of view, IMHO also, the GPS based ones are best...

Tracker Horizon
RAC Trackstar 24 Guardian
Nav Trak Proactive

The three above seem to be the most widely recognised units by the insurers.

If you are keeping the car for 3 years...then the best deal (IMHO again) is the RAC Trackstar unit....£23.50 per month for 3 years (i.e. the cost of the hardware and the tracking is spread in monthly payments )...if shorter term the (again IMHO) Nav Trak (cos I have it fitted in my UK300)...

Hope this helps...if you want to chat about it....give me a call on Tuesday at the office and I can try and point you in the right direction...

Tom
(wk: 0113 250 0377)

[Edited by Rum* - 11/25/2001 10:40:32 AM]