Sponsored by:

hi

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2006, 12:00 AM
turboed7
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi

hi guys how you all doing?new to this site so dont know anyone...am a member of my local subaru club as well as here..ayrshirescoobies.com if anyone wants to have a look anyway,recently bought my very first scooby,what a car,unfortunately i bought it from what can only be described as cowboys,keighley motor trade in west yorkshire(AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE). as i travelled all the way from scotland it was love at first sight with the car but as i drove it home i realised i had been well and truly taken for a mug....just a few suggestions from anyone who cares to reply.....'check engine' light comes on and off all the time,was told this may be because of the de-cat exhaust,any comments? when pulling up to junctions the car falls way below 1000revs then stalls,could this be a problem with the maf? ticking noise from engine,doesn't sound like piston slap,was thinking more along the lines of the tappets,could this be the case?if so how much to reset them? oil cap smells like fuel which to me indicates a head gasket problem but was told by local subaru dealer this could just be fumes from old engine as it has had an sti engine conversion,any truth in this?also,had to change oil recently and it was found to contain a mixture of fuel,is this a big problem?sorry for all the question but im quite p***ed off with those cowboys robbing me blind ....people who have seen and heard the car think its sounds ok,maybe im just being paranoid but i dont think it sounds 100%..and finally,when i go to start the car it takes a while to start up and when it does the rev counter reads 1500rpm and continually bounces up and down until it has been heated up,any ideas what the problems may be? i fell as if i have bought one of the worst imprezas i could possibly have bought,but i aint no pro.........all comments would be greatly appreciated
Old 14 November 2006, 11:56 AM
FD Scoob
Scooby Newbie

Take it back !!
Old 14 November 2006, 12:06 PM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

Hi there,

I hope you get some help on this. Not a nice feeling this, happened to me in the past.

Im not a mechanic and know little about the noises you mention. Maybe some of the more experienced engine guys will be able to help out.

Other than that - welcome!
Old 14 November 2006, 12:55 PM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

Hi T7, you know some folks on here, me inc.
Welcome on, your car sounds like its "borewashing" that is when overfuelling is so heavy that it slips past the piston rings into the sump this dilutes the oil so you will get funny noises and increased wear, this can be caused by an airleak which fools the car into putting masses of fuel in because it detects a weak mixture this is possibly what causes the stalling and assosiated running probs, after an engine swap I would check for all hoses to be correcly fitted and not split/perished.
Someone on here might be able to help you better.
Old 14 November 2006, 01:00 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

hi
is it this https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-thi...e-keighly.html
Old 14 November 2006, 01:58 PM
turboed7
Scooby Newbie

no mate,aint torque of keighley,its just called keighley trade sports and performance and they are nothin but robbing b*****ds

Last edited by turboed7; 14 November 2006 at 02:02 PM.