Sponsored by:

Shell Pluspoints

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2006, 02:21 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shell Pluspoints

Relating to another thread about Shell Pluspoints I had a problem too where my point total was not going up. So I emailed Shell about the problem and I received a reply last week and this is it:

Dear Mr Hughes,

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the Shell pluspoints programme.

With the introduction of the new scheme on the 1st January 2006, you must now reach a minimum
quarterly threshold to receive any points at all. For Shell pluspoints customers this threshold
is 400 litres a quarter. Once you have reached 400 litres you will receive 1.5 points for every
litre of fuel in multiples of 50 litres. Therefore for every 50 litres you buy you receive 75
points.

If you do not reach this threshold you will not receive any points for the quarter.

If you have any further pluspoints queries, please visit our website at www.shell.com/pluspoints
or email info@shellpluspoints.com.
Alternatively, pluspoints Customer Services are available on 08459 006 008.

Yours sincerely

Customer Service Department
Shell pluspoints

I mean WHAT!!! I would have to full up everyweek to get into there critera for receiving points.

I don't think I shall be collecting them any more and I don't spend that much on fuel. I usually fill up every week and a half to two weeks at a time depending on what I am doing etc...

Just thought I would mention this to you all...

Darren
Old 05 November 2006, 02:27 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I didn't realise you had to use so much fuel to qualify for any points at all.
I only put 30 quid in my car every week and a half or so which sadly isn't enough to get any points

When i signed up for the card i stupidly assumed i would be rewarded for every litre purchased, teach me to assume!

Card now in bin

Nik
Old 05 November 2006, 06:10 PM
mattykimbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
I didn't realise you had to use so much fuel to qualify for any points at all.
I only put 30 quid in my car every week and a half or so which sadly isn't enough to get any points

When i signed up for the card i stupidly assumed i would be rewarded for every litre purchased, teach me to assume!

Card now in bin

Nik
i only fill up once every 2 -2 1/2 weeks so didn't meet the criteria either but i got a shell visa car so now i only need to buy 50 litres per quarter not 400
Old 05 November 2006, 08:12 PM
al-g
Scooby Regular

I've been using my pluspoints card since sept and have used an obscene amount of fuel. V-Power and Diesel for the works van. put about 150 litres of diesel in a week and anywhere from 50 to 100 litres of V-Power. And according to my account, my total points are 200. WTF is that about. I'm just hoping all of a sudden it'll get updated and i'll get a load of points added.
Old 05 November 2006, 08:25 PM
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular

even when you collect points u get fek all and the price of the stuff is dear as ****.

B0ll0x to them still u the fuel but wont be bothering with the card dont fill up enough.