Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2006, 05:50 PM
cdfracing
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scum Bag !

Not Bad for 5k ! YEAH RIGHT!

Ebay " The place for scum bags "

eBay.co.uk: 2004 SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX AWD Turbo (item 150053744217 end time 04-Nov-06 17:03:40 GMT)
Old 03 November 2006, 03:07 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Are you saying this is in some way dodgy?

Alan MaC
Old 03 November 2006, 03:22 PM
MY00PPP
Scooby Regular

I think we have stumbled across the reason why scoobies depreciate so steeply. Why would you pay 15k + at a dealers when the same model is for sale on ebay for 5k?.

ebay is the future
Old 03 November 2006, 03:23 PM
banjax
Scooby Regular

Looks clean enough to me....if it goes for 5k and is in as good condition as it looks, then someone will pick up a bargain
Old 03 November 2006, 03:27 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by banjax
Looks clean enough to me....if it goes for 5k and is in as good condition as it looks, then someone will pick up a bargain
Some poor sod will lose £5k and some scammer will be £5k richer
Old 03 November 2006, 03:30 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Just send the AA round to do an inspection
Old 03 November 2006, 03:33 PM
banjax
Scooby Regular

Possibly, but you would be some sort of mug to part with the cash via paypal before seeing the motor and checking it is kosher. Normally you arrange to meet the seller while the auction is running to check the car and documents out. If you buy a car on ebay without seeing it, well you get what you deserve quite frankly.

Trending Topics

Old 03 November 2006, 03:38 PM
Tilly
Scooby Regular

a car being advertised at less than half of book price of a 20k miles motor... a perfect spec car, low miles etc, one owner, subtle user name letting you know its a lady of course with a sweet kiss at the end of it... a hotmail address anyone can get hold of. No buy it now button because they want to settle it outside of ebay. New ebay user.... aye alright then! No date of first reg or road tax details or phone number. Yeah because you'd trust them about as far as you could throw them! what do we reckon? meet up somewhere half way to make you feel happy that they're willing to travel. But only take cash because lets face it, its not hard to come by five grand cash. Go to collect the car, get battered, lose five grand cash. scammer probably used a public IP address ie a library computer, walks away with no troubles £5k richer.
Old 03 November 2006, 03:41 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking

I reckon it is some wife who has caught hubby playing away - maybe he is away on business - gets home to find wifey and car gone !!

Might be worth a punt - could deffo sell on for a profit
Old 03 November 2006, 03:43 PM
banjax
Scooby Regular

Who knows for sure. They can't do a "buy it now" because they are a new user. The piccy with a 5k buy it now on it may just be there to attract attention, and the price is low becuase the cheapskates are circling at the moment. The car may well go for more than 5 grand at the end anyway, as the bidding only gets interesting in the last few minutes. What would put me off though is the fact that it is a private auction. It's not like she's selling a ***** is it

Last edited by banjax; 03 November 2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03 November 2006, 03:52 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

If someone uses buy it now, the auction is ended
Old 03 November 2006, 04:01 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i remember reading a while ago, a radio dj's wife selling his pride and joy (loyus or something similar) for something like £1 or £0.25pon ebay. she caught him playing around etc and wanted revenge. someone did genuinly win it and got to keep it inline with ebay rules as documents passed before he found out i believe.

andy
Old 03 November 2006, 04:27 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Its just another scam...do you really think that if that car could be bought 5'grand it would still be there now??....wake up and smell the coffee...ive seen alsorts of cars advertised on ebay with to good to be true buy it now prices and this is just another..
Old 03 November 2006, 04:33 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

I've just emailed the seller to get the number plate and VIN number so "I can HPI it before committing to buy it".
Old 03 November 2006, 05:51 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

I guess the other wya to look at it is:

Ebayer Wins Auction for 5K. Ebayer travels to collect the car. Ebayer gets smashed on the head, loses the 5K. C/unt thats selling it gets 5K and vanishes. Doubt he even actually owns the car tbh.
Old 03 November 2006, 06:10 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Optical Race
I guess the other wya to look at it is:

Ebayer Wins Auction for 5K. Ebayer travels to collect the car. Ebayer gets smashed on the head, loses the 5K. C/unt thats selling it gets 5K and vanishes. Doubt he even actually owns the car tbh.
It amazes me how many people never read the small print, "HE" Jeantaylor,
Unless its a french name its "SHE"

:P
Old 03 November 2006, 06:18 PM
scoobywrxuk300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
I reckon it is some wife who has caught hubby playing away - maybe he is away on business - gets home to find wifey and car gone !!

Might be worth a punt - could deffo sell on for a profit
Deffo..... my thoughts entirely... its why i dont want a wife.....!
Old 03 November 2006, 06:22 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DevilHimSelf
It amazes me how many people never read the small print, "HE" Jeantaylor,
Unless its a french name its "SHE"

:P
Bovered !!!

Old 03 November 2006, 11:27 PM
spender
Scooby Regular

Default Nigerian Scam

I emailed JeanTaylor and got this reply.......................

especially like the bit about not paying for Scotland import taxes......from England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me regarding my 2004 SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX AWD Turbo 4dr Saloon
12,500 miles, 5-Speed Manual Gearbox, One Previous Owner, Metallic Blue Paintwork with Contrasting Black Cloth Trim, Bucket Seats, ABS, Air Conditioning, Power Assisted Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Front Fog Lights, Multiple Air Bags, Radio/Tape/CD Player, Remote Central Locking, Alarm & Immobiliser, New 18inch Prodrive Gold Alloys & Tyres, Subaru Main Dealer Fitted Stainless Steel Prodrive Exhaust and Original Sti High Level Rear Spoiler with Integrated Brake Light.

SUBARU

Although I am registered in the UK I recently moved in Scotland (where my family lives) and the car is being shipped from here. I made the auction for England due to the fact it's registered in England, it meets all the England standards, and it is better to ship it where it belongs, that means England. I am trying to sell it as low as I can to complete the sale fast ( my loss will be your gain ). It still has England registration, because I didn't pay for Scotland import taxes so it will be very easy for you to register the vehicle in your country. You will have to pay just the taxes associated with registering it in your name. The car meets United Kingdom DOT and EPA guidelines so there will be no problems regarding England Customs policy on receiving the car.

The car is meticulously maintained. No damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, the engine doesn't smoke, runs and sounds awesome, the engine has never been repaired or something like that, never been into accidents and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, it is free of encumbrances and liens. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the vehicle in England, and also a bill of sale in your name, signed by me.

The car will be shipped from here directly to your residence. The estimated cost for door to door shipping to just about anywhere in UK will cost about 500.00 GBP and takes between 8 to 10 days to arrive at your address. For an accurate shipping cost please include your shipping address in your next email. There will be no additional taxes for you to pay, as this is an English vehicle with England documents. The total cost for the car would be 5000 GBP + shipping to your address.

This transaction is insured by the vehicle purchase protection program, which means that after you receive the car you will have a 5 days inspection period to inspect it and to evaluate it's mechanical and cosmetically condition before buying the vehicle.

I want to take the opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate, the financial part of this deal will be managed by Ebay, in this way both of us will be protected. I will make all the documents from here on your name and address, they will be signed and legalized and when you will get them you will only have to put your signature on.

If you want to complete the purchase please send me your ebay ID, your full name and address and I will notify eBay that you are selected as my buyer. After I get in touch with them they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Please email me soon if you want to move forward and let me know if you need anything else.

I will wait your email.
Old 03 November 2006, 11:34 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

These sales are all bollocks. We were watching an R32 Golf and an RS Focus both up for 5k and eventually they were both withdrawn.
Anyone that thinks they can pick up such a car so cheep deserves to be ripped off imo.
In the case of the R32 the seller could walk into any VW dealership and they would take it off hiss hands for well in excess of 11k, assuming car was 100% above board of course. Sadly in most cases they aren't.
Nik.
Old 03 November 2006, 11:35 PM
paulthejambo
Scooby Regular

Location: Heart of Midlothian FC aka Hearts have the nickname "The Jambo's" - therefore I'm a Jambo too.

You've got to laugh.

Anyone see the report in the papers a few days back where the British guy made the Scammers wear Tshirts with "I'm an Ars8hole" painted on to "prove their identity"?
Old 05 November 2006, 03:19 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Final price £6,766.66!