Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was hoping my first post would be good news!!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2006, 07:25 PM
jimboturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was hoping my first post would be good news!!!

Hi all, this is my first post on here since getting a MY01 Pure White WRX last week and was hoping to simply come on and tell you all how wonderful the car is etc etc , due to living in a terrace and having to park on the street (although in a nice area) I have been a bit paranoid about the car getting keyed or kicked as it is in the best condition I have ever seen in a used car!!

Got up this morning to go out with the gf in her car and was gutted to see about 8 or 9 large lumps of paint hanging off the side of the car where it appeared Nitromors had been spread all over the car and more large lumps of bubbled laquer which came away from the metal when you touched them. The scoob was unmarked as was a van next to mine but the other two cars on the street had similar damage and this same stain all down the side of the car.
Now the GF's car is an M reg Micra which wasn't worth a huge amount before but it now has no trade in value at all for when she decides to get a new car! These t%ssers have effectively reduced her car to scrap
I hoped that the chav scum may have left the scoob alone out of some kind of respect but it transpired that when I went out at around 10.30 (which is very rare for me to be sober on a Sat night) this was when the incident happened. Whilst we banged on doors to show the relevant car owners the damage to their cars a chap pulled up and informed us that his wife's car and some others down a cul de sac nearby had also been hit by these w@nkers. We went for a look and about a further 6 cars had similar damage including a 53 reg Hyundai Coupe with a lump of paint the same size as your arm hanging off the door.
We called the police at around 10.30 this morning and still haven't had an officer out as promised!! All in all they have probably caused £20k worth of damage between the 10 or 12 cars and as usual some idiotic chav scum gets away with "big respect innit" off his scrotey friends. I'm sure this country is going down the pan!!
The upsetting thing is that this could happen again at any point and there is nowhere I can leave the scoob where it is going to be safe!!
Its a fantastic car though, I just have to decide if the stress of worrying about it is now going to be worth it but I'm determined not to let the b@stards win.

Jimbo
Old 29 October 2006, 07:27 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Welcome to you. **** the chavvy scum that wrecked the cars in your street!

Hopefully just a one-off !!
Old 29 October 2006, 07:27 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that fella
Old 29 October 2006, 07:29 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Its a sick and jealous world we live in mate. Sorry to hear about the other halfs Micra but least the Scoob was untouched.
Old 29 October 2006, 07:34 PM
Mangel
Scooby Regular

used to keep mine on the street, terrace also.

Never worried about the door getting kicked off for keys as couldn't tell which house Lived at however...................front end got **** raped for parts twice, now keep it in secure parking uder flash flats in city centre!!
Old 29 October 2006, 07:39 PM
jimboturbo
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies guys. Just thinking ahead, if this does happen to mine and it ends up down to the metal like the micra, It's likely, looking at the damage on the other cars, that it will be the doors that get damaged. If this is the case can just the doors be sprayed or would it be a complete respray?

Jimbo
Old 29 October 2006, 07:50 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimboturbo
Cheers for the replies guys. Just thinking ahead, if this does happen to mine and it ends up down to the metal like the micra, It's likely, looking at the damage on the other cars, that it will be the doors that get damaged. If this is the case can just the doors be sprayed or would it be a complete respray?

Jimbo
tbh mate I wouldnt even think what if !!! I would keep my eye out for somewhere safe to put the old girl such as a garage and such. Saves much heart ache and hassle later down the line.
Old 29 October 2006, 07:56 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

get car covers
Old 29 October 2006, 07:56 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Hopefully they died soon after inhaling solvents
Old 29 October 2006, 07:57 PM
jimboturbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Optical Race
tbh mate I wouldnt even think what if !!! I would keep my eye out for somewhere safe to put the old girl such as a garage and such. Saves much heart ache and hassle later down the line.

This is the problem, our house is great and we've put a lot of effort in to it but there is nowhere in the village where we can park off the street. I'm just trying to work out how much this type of damage is to fix and how much time off the road so that I can worry less if it's not a huge job.
Its was a nice area we moved to but it seems the scumbags have come out of the woodwork since we moved in. I don't think there is anywhere ****** free these days!!
Old 29 October 2006, 07:57 PM
Optical Race
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
get car covers
How long does it take to lift one of these off tho, and with the containment of the chemicals etc it may make things worse should the worse happen.
Old 29 October 2006, 07:59 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

get car covers
IMO these just atract more attention from the *******, as they want to see whats underneath. And once your car has their attention your fooked.
Old 29 October 2006, 08:05 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It's tales like this that make me wish we could have a Criminal Retribution Service. After a 3rd similar offence, and for the remainder of their life this kind of low-life scum should have done to them what they do to others. Their breeders (can't use the word parents as it would be offensive to those whom treat that role with the the respect and attention it requires) obviously have never instilled in them any respect for others, but imagine a few years down the line when their kids have just witnessed a court approved Retribution Officer wreck Daddies car, they have to explain that it is because Daddy was a tw@t in his youth. Might just start turning the tide, but it isn't the British way to punish those who do wrong. Better to criminalise the good for the rich rewards available.

Welcome to SNet. Sorry about the g/f's car but good news (for now) on the Scoob.
Old 29 October 2006, 08:31 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Not a nice first post welcome to SN anyway
Old 29 October 2006, 08:35 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

move to london, have yet to here of incidents like these to happen down my area.
Old 29 October 2006, 11:06 PM
maydew
Scooby Regular

bring back hanging sort a few out wouldnt it
Old 30 October 2006, 09:17 PM
jimboturbo
Scooby Regular

Well guess what! the mrs has waited in all day for the police who promised to come and they still haven't been!! Just been talking to some more of the neighbours who had their cars damaged. The ******* that did this probably don't realise how much they have upset everyone. B@stards.

Jimbo
Old 01 November 2006, 08:13 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Get some CCTV that has a good quality picture and hide the camera in the bushes. When the street gets attacked copy and print the face of the scum through every letterbox you can find...

Vigilante group anyone....

Andy
Old 01 November 2006, 09:24 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoboy
It's tales like this that make me wish we could have a Criminal Retribution Service. After a 3rd similar offence, and for the remainder of their life this kind of low-life scum should have done to them what they do to others. Their breeders (can't use the word parents as it would be offensive to those whom treat that role with the the respect and attention it requires) obviously have never instilled in them any respect for others, but imagine a few years down the line when their kids have just witnessed a court approved Retribution Officer wreck Daddies car, they have to explain that it is because Daddy was a tw@t in his youth. Might just start turning the tide, but it isn't the British way to punish those who do wrong. Better to criminalise the good for the rich rewards available.

Welcome to SNet. Sorry about the g/f's car but good news (for now) on the Scoob.

Dave I totally agree with your feelings mate.
Old 01 November 2006, 10:08 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimboturbo
Well guess what! the mrs has waited in all day for the police who promised to come and they still haven't been!! Just been talking to some more of the neighbours who had their cars damaged. The ******* that did this probably don't realise how much they have upset everyone. B@stards.

Jimbo
and i bet the excuse they give is that they had an emergrecy to attend to
I would defo look out for a garage to rent mate as its then out of harms way, i worry when i leave my on the drive in the day let alone leaving her parked out all night

Just make sure when/if you catch any of them, he's on his own when your teach him the errors of his ways
Old 02 November 2006, 12:28 AM
Adam Hybrid
Scooby Regular

move to london, have yet to here of incidents like these to happen down my area.
Don't know what end you're at mate but i'm in north london and hear of **** like this all the time

Have had a window put threw myself and a front bumper completely trashed to get at an intercooler which they couldn't manage the pikey retards

Absolutely hate hearing stories like this because i can just imagine the feeling you'd get waking up and seing your pride and joy in a state. As said above get it locked up somewhere.

Adam
Old 02 November 2006, 06:33 PM
jimboturbo
Scooby Regular

The police never came in the end but it turns out they are investigating this
Apparently they have found a discarded tin of Nitromors nearby. 12 cars have been reported to the police. Lets just hope they catch the b@stards and then politely tell them that "vandalising cars is bad and you shouldn't do it again"

Jimbo
Old 02 November 2006, 07:58 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

unlucky mate
Old 02 November 2006, 08:59 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Agree with a few others, think it may have been a one off. Kids even with Alco pops, some off them strip paint well.
Old 03 November 2006, 12:55 AM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

I've had this done to one of my cars years ago..........every panel had paint sliding off of it.I'm still paranoid now, this is how much it affects you.
Old 03 November 2006, 10:00 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

ffs sorry to hear this seems to be more and more is there any way you could put up a decent camara that records when theres movement out side ?