Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really bloody annoying brake squeal problem... help!

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2006, 05:01 PM
danfranklin1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really bloody annoying brake squeal problem... help!

Hi - I've posted this before, but I've still got the same problem (99 Turbo).. can anyone help?

Basically, I think my front offside caliper's sticking slightly so that after about ten miles driving, there's a continious high pitched squealing from the brake which goes away when pedal is depressed. It's getting so annoying I'm considering replacing everything on that corner - caliper, pistons, bearing, disc, just to make sure whatever offending part is replaced- I'ts had new pads, problem remains. I'm running EBC Yellowstuffs. Was the same on standard pads. Two seperate tyre garages have taken the calipers to bits, copper greased the backs of the pads - I'm told there are no springs, shims, clips or anything missing and the caliper isn't sticking. Nothing wrong with discs or pads.

I'm going spare at this - it's the most annoying thing ever, it's been doing it for the last 3000 miles and isn't getting any better. No one seems able to correctly diagnose the problem. It only starts after about 10 or so miles, and not under heavy braking. Stopping at traffic lights and pumping the brake pedal a lot seems to make it go away briefly. What should I do?

Dan.
Old 28 October 2006, 09:57 PM
SwishOvBolton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dunno if it same prob , but my evo 6 with brembos had the exact same prob changed pads disk`s , blah blah ,

then found out on the brembos if a certain little clip dont clip back in (and i mean a little ****ty clip at top of the calipers ,

sorry for not bein in full detail had a few tins !! pm me ill take a picture of the clip