Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some TW*T has kicked my mirror off..

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2006, 10:37 AM
jaysti8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some TW*T has kicked my mirror off..

im realy mad! went out this morning and to see that someone has kicked my drivers side wing mirror its hanging and has cracked the plastice "hinge" not the mirror of the plastic backing just broken the part that holds it all on can anyone tell me how much this will cost?? im worried as there is mud marks on the rear wing feels a little loose when i try move it but not sure if that been kicked to

the car was on the drive....so upseting to think someone has walked onto the drive just to kick my car some people just dont care.
Old 23 October 2006, 10:57 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my dads car keeps gettin this done, no other car in the road and we dont know why. Hes a 62 yr old widow, never bothers anyone.

Pathetic mate, makes me so angry
Old 23 October 2006, 11:26 AM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Used to happen regular outside my house on my old Citroen zx. One day watched a load of kids go past and noticed one of them kicked the car, the car was a shed but not the point. I let it pass at the time, then in the space of 10 mins he was back and was hanging off the mirror, so i though right you little tw*t. I proceeded to shoot the little c**t with my air rifle. Guess what? Never had any bother after that.
Old 23 October 2006, 11:28 AM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Happened to mine recently:

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...hate-scum.html

I now fold my mirrors in each time i leave the car
Old 23 October 2006, 12:03 PM
HPLovecraft
Scooby Regular

A good way of catching these tw*ts at it is to install some sort of cctv or webcam - especially in cases of repeated attacks. Worked recently for me in the cul-de-sac where I live - someone was keying cars etc. then got culprit on cctv throwing bricks at cars - police called -turns out it was a local 14 yr old girl and her gang of cronies - she was in tears when they took her in to see her dad. No trouble since.

HPL
Old 23 October 2006, 12:38 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Hi Jay,

Ive got a spare drivers side WRX mirror in silver ...any use to you, give us a shout
Old 23 October 2006, 01:41 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Makes you wonder about some people doesn't it?

I park my car in a residential car park, and some girl for reason's unknown walked off the main street, into the carpark, and squeesed between the rear of my car and a Brickwall (I park up close to it) and wrote "I love Harry" in the dirt on the tailgate.

Why go out of your way to do that??? Especially when there were car's parked on the street and none of them had it wrote on (I checked)
Old 23 October 2006, 02:16 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I park my car in a residential car park, and some girl for reason's unknown walked off the main street, into the carpark, and squeesed between the rear of my car and a Brickwall (I park up close to it) and wrote "I love Harry" in the dirt on the tailgate.
Maybe she thought ur Scooby was Harry's car
Old 23 October 2006, 02:55 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LongTimeLurker
Maybe she thought ur Scooby was Harry's car
She should have let me **** her then
Old 23 October 2006, 04:48 PM
wakko
Scooby Regular

I had exactly the same thing happen on my LCR about 2 months ago. I think it cost about £300 in total. I had to get a complete new mirror as the hinge had been snapped.

As you say, really annoying and total uncalled for.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 23 October 2006, 06:58 PM
jaysti8
Scooby Regular

wow it happens alot i see i think its the jealous tw*ts out there who just like to damage peoples bride an joy iv been down the police station to report (knowing they wont do fu*k all!!) but any chance of catching the little ****s! is good new to me...its just money waisted for me and there is the worry of them doing it again

DazW-silly question but is it the same part ie Heated mirror,electric silvers not a prob il get tit sprayed!
pm you
Old 23 October 2006, 07:07 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Says a lot about the undercurrent to society we have in this country. This sort of thing just doesn't happen in other countries. What are we supposed to do - not buy nice things so these f**k wits don't realise they are lifes losers and feel bitter as a result?

Vandals and thugs who go out bashing people up on a friday/saturday night because it makes them feel hard and that's all they have going for them are two things I hate most about people in this country.
Old 23 October 2006, 07:10 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Agreed not worth going to the police... all this talk about respect etc - load of rubbish. It's this sort of thing they need to tackle... but no... we get more speed cameras to extract more revenue off people who are generally law abiding and hard working! Makes me sick to the stomach the way people are governend in this country - full of contradictions and they wonder why most people are disatisfied.
Old 23 October 2006, 08:03 PM
jaysti8
Scooby Regular

Ben v7-very very true what yuo say..no help in this sort of crime you just have to put up with it an its not on! its not nice an it feels personal as they have gone out of there way to walk into the drive an kick the car
Old 23 October 2006, 09:26 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

The police will record the crime for the purpose of the statistics and your crime ref number but that is where it will stop sadly. People do this and more besides because they know there is a 99.9% chance they will not get caught and even if they did they are safe in the knowledge nothing will happen to them. Personally i think people should start loosing digits when they start dabbling in anti social behaviour such as criminal damage, lets see how they manage to take a wing mirror off on their stumps.