Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is it with subaru haters!!!??????

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2006, 04:33 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is it with subaru haters!!!??????

It really gets on my ****! A mate of mine was talking to his mate in work about scoobs. Why is it one of the 1st things he says about them is "I wouldnt have one, they need an engine re build at 50k" WHAT THE ****!! Does this dick honestly beleive that every Subaru that comes off the production line needs a new engine after 50,000 miles. My car has had no engine mods at all yet I' being told I'm on the brink of a new engine. What a ******!!

Is it a jealousy thing or what to try and put the spooks into a Subaru owner. The guy in question drives a vectra gsi so I would say he probably cant quite reach the level of an Impreza?

Why do Impreza owners receive so much negativity?

As you can tell this really pissed me off as the uneducated make up bollocks about things they have no idea about!!

Sorry for the bad language,rant over...
Old 21 October 2006, 04:34 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car is always slagged off
Old 21 October 2006, 04:42 PM
scoobywrxuk300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
my car is always slagged off
id best post them rear lights then...
Old 21 October 2006, 04:44 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoobywrxuk300
id best post them rear lights then...
thanks for that i will pm you my address

some non yello paint would help too
Old 21 October 2006, 04:51 PM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
It really gets on my ****! A mate of mine was talking to his mate in work about scoobs. Why is it one of the 1st things he says about them is "I wouldnt have one, they need an engine re build at 50k" WHAT THE ****!! Does this dick honestly beleive that every Subaru that comes off the production line needs a new engine after 50,000 miles. My car has had no engine mods at all yet I' being told I'm on the brink of a new engine. What a ******!!

Is it a jealousy thing or what to try and put the spooks into a Subaru owner. The guy in question drives a vectra gsi so I would say he probably cant quite reach the level of an Impreza?

Why do Impreza owners receive so much negativity?

As you can tell this really pissed me off as the uneducated make up bollocks about things they have no idea about!!

Sorry for the bad language,rant over...
Mate....................get used to it, I have a fairly standard looking black classic and I get all the comments Jap Crap, Rice Rocket , Chav mobile etc. Best thing to to is strap em in and take em down your favorite B road
And he drives a VECTRA
Old 21 October 2006, 04:57 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Opinions are like ar$eholes, everyone's got one and most of them stink.

Usually they're commenting on something they know nothing about, they have never experienced and if they were to, they'd change their minds pretty quick. The chav references unfortunately are getting increasingly valid these days
Old 21 October 2006, 06:56 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

Get some new work mates i reckon. When i first got mine i didn't get anything but a positive reaction. It's amazed me how many people said "i've always wanted a subaru...". Everyone i took out for a quick spin say they can't believe how it handles and power available and the delivery. Not seen one guy for a few months who was up for a sales meeting last week, steps in my office and first they he says to me "******* beatiful car, very mean looking" .

Trending Topics

Old 21 October 2006, 07:03 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Agreed, it happens alot and generally from people who arent really worth talking to about cars anyways.

I got a 50/50 split at work myself.. the ones that dont understand and then the ones that do (usually the ones who i have taken out )

End of the day, if it puts a smile on your face when you drive it / look at it... then thats all that counts.

Peoples opinions should only be valued by the amount you care about what they think.
Old 21 October 2006, 08:04 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Really who gives a toss what other people think
Old 21 October 2006, 08:23 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Johnny E
Really who gives a toss what other people think
Old 21 October 2006, 08:24 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

People brought uponst themselves imo. Through their own lack of knowledge and taste, they created the marques now pitiful reputation....

If they didn't ignorantly buy Jap imports without doing the homework, such as re-mapping to UK fuel. And then emblazen them with the most tacky tat you wouldn't dream of fitting to a Nova, yet alone an Impreza (refer to stupid backboxes, stickers, garish bodykits, Atm dump valves, more guages than Sellafield etc etc..) Then thrash so hard the tyres split the side walls and burn through discs and pads on a rotine basis. And to cap it off wonder why the engine won't last more than 50K due to it being driven with zero mechnaical sympathy.
Old 21 October 2006, 08:28 PM
gmaster
Scooby Regular

Lol yeah i know what you mean should be getting a wagon soon, was speaking to the in-laws today about getting a new car told them i was getting a impreza......mother law says what a boy racer car!!!!
Old 21 October 2006, 08:34 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

he's wot got a vectra, thats the problem , bet his girlfriend/wife thinks its a "nice" car and you no that if he even thought about having a car he could have some fun in he would be coming to work in a skirt cos the trouses have been confiscated, bet i'm right.vectra gsi ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 21 October 2006, 08:53 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by Shark Man
People brought uponst themselves imo. Through their own lack of knowledge and taste, they created the marques now pitiful reputation....
'fraid thats so very very true
Old 21 October 2006, 09:10 PM
tomfraser
Scooby Regular

i got the same problem,,,a lad at work keeps saying my scooby is **** at handling and not as fast as ppl make out....what a fool he is
he only upset cos i got a brand new sti.
everyone else has been possitive about it, love it to bits
Old 21 October 2006, 09:46 PM
speedymonkey
Scooby Regular

Location: On the PC, sipping a beer and listing to old skool choons :)

When i got my classic my girlfriends mum said she hated it, 'its too loud and has a stupid spoiler', she thinks i should of saved money and bought a focus

Have to say tho, its because of reasons like this that i like it so much (appart from the performance obviously), like someone else said, if it makes you happy then sod what anyone else thinks.
All my mates love it, and my dad wishes he had something like that when he was younger Ive let him drive it and he had a massive grin when he got out
Its a typical lads car, thats why 99% of them are owned by males
Old 21 October 2006, 09:54 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Live your own life.
Old 21 October 2006, 10:02 PM
whitepilgrim
Scooby Regular

All i No is that I have had my Wrx for a month now, most of that time has been spent taking the girls from work for a blast in it ........they just love it,
Seems to me vectra driver jealous
Old 21 October 2006, 10:12 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Some of the posts / replies on this BBS don't help..............
Old 21 October 2006, 10:15 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Agreed.

I love Imprezas and is one of the cars I want when I'm older amongst other things.

Just some of the stuff you read on here is
Old 21 October 2006, 10:27 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Some of the twots I've seen driving around and around City Centres at night with their ultra loud zorsts and dumb valves don't give the marque a great deal of credance either.
Old 21 October 2006, 10:42 PM
dazington
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean just had my WRX last week (love it to bits by the way)and was showing it of in a local car park to a few mates, who all want a scoobie now. when a t**t in a focus came up and took the p**s out of my mud flaps. when we started slagging his focus of he soon shut up and went else were.
Dont mind people having there point of view but he had a crappy focus (with no mud flaps LOL) which made the whole thing even more funny.
Old 21 October 2006, 10:45 PM
Will
BANNED

nearly 100% of peiole on sn hate my car (my 95 wrx) and after driving after posting pics here now my bumpers are ****de from wan"ers throwing boulders at my car and things. mostly from saxo owners throwing from tesco car park calling me a c"nt impreza owner, cheat?????
Old 21 October 2006, 11:11 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I mis-read the title and thought this was a moan about p1ss-poor Subaru heaters.

I've got a rather boxy-looking Forester turbo and don't give a flying what anyone else thinks.
Old 21 October 2006, 11:18 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

But then you don't see many Foresters looking like regurgitated dogs dinners being driven like an 8yr old playing Gran Tourismo.

Jury's out on the Forester Sti....maybe if it wasn't WR blue and didn't have the gold rims. Thank goodness I.M didn't import them
Old 21 October 2006, 11:22 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shark Man
But then you don't see many Foresters looking like regurgitated dogs dinners being driven like an 8yr old playing Gran Tourismo.
That's true. I wonder what my Frostie would look like with a big "****** wing" glued to the roof
Old 21 October 2006, 11:24 PM
Will
BANNED

c$nt
Old 22 October 2006, 01:07 AM
irons
Scooby Newbie

half of you people go on like a younger guy owning a subaru is bad for your image, get a life you sad muppets. this isnt to all but the word ''chav'' is chucked about to often these days..face facts they own imprezas they own bmw's and they own cosworths etc etc, they are not giving YOU a bad name, nor are they giving imprezas a bad name... when i see a guy driving a saxo like a ****.. i think what a ******..not all saxo drivers are *******!!! im afraid in this world its each to there own, lexus lights dump valves loud exhaust..who cares..if you dont like it dont have it on your car!! and people who slag off impreza's aint all jealous. i own a 93 classic, love it to bits but new shape??? hate em... thats just my taste, why care what anybody in the world thinks about you or your car. just grow up and get on with it!
Old 22 October 2006, 01:40 AM
5doorbullet
Scooby Regular

Default subaru

My brother drives a evo3 and always slags me off about my car .But today we went to a local ralley and he had nothing but praise for the subaru's.This make's me sick what a ****.
Old 22 October 2006, 01:42 AM
Will
BANNED

irons mate took the words out of my mouth. and what eer you do to your car??? enjoy it mate

Quick Reply: What is it with subaru haters!!!??????