Sponsored by:

2005 Sti spoiler question

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2006, 12:20 PM
Sti-Simon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Sti spoiler question

After owning a P1 and then a golf 150bhp tdi i am back with a scooby..............a 2005 Sti type UK.

Whilst cleaning it the other week for the first time i noticed there appears to be a section under the spoiler that is held in place by 6-8 screws. When you open the boot and look at the underside of the spoiler the screws are covered up by clear plastic circles. What is this all about???

By the way should the car feel very slow compared to my standard P1??because it does!!
Old 20 October 2006, 12:45 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sti-Simon
After owning a P1 and then a golf 150bhp tdi i am back with a scooby..............a 2005 Sti type UK.

Whilst cleaning it the other week for the first time i noticed there appears to be a section under the spoiler that is held in place by 6-8 screws. When you open the boot and look at the underside of the spoiler the screws are covered up by clear plastic circles. What is this all about???
Aren't the plastic bit screw caps, stop you snagging on it?

By the way should the car feel very slow compared to my standard P1??because it does!!
Slow, no, more refined, yes.
Old 20 October 2006, 02:05 PM
Sti-Simon
Scooby Newbie

what i meant was, why does a strip appear to be removable from the underside of the spoiler?

As for more refined, i agree but i REALLY need to have the PPP fitted..........
Old 20 October 2006, 03:21 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

why not take it off and have a look?

wondered myself (fellow 05 sti owner) my guess is some sort of strengthening plate. can't be arsed to hunt down some of the plastic screw covers so it'll remain a mystery

i went from a modded uk 99 to the sti and the old one was pushing out similar figures to a P1 and like you, i thought the sti needs to be/feel quicker.

i've know come to the conclussion that it is just as fast (infact quicker round corners) it just doesn't feel as nippy low down, it's a bit too 'top end' for me and will deffo be treated to a remap when the warrenty is up, if only to get back the low down torque.

dunno about you but because of the rev counter dominating the dash, i don't spend too long looking at the speedo, when i do though it's a bit worrying as i could always 'feel' the speed in my classic but because of the refinement of the new shape i'm doing silly speeds before it feels fast