Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2001, 02:45 AM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I know there are at least a few Scoobynetters from down under so maybe you can help me....

Why the hell are there SOOOOO many scoobs over here???!!! ;-) Almost every other car I see is one - if you think they're becoming a little popular in the UK you really should pay a visit!!!

Kelvin

PS - seperate note, Bondi Beach has to be one of the best "road drag strips" (if there is such a thing!!) I've ever seen - every night everyone just seems to go up, down, up, down.... quite entertaining mind you! Best race yet? -Diablo vs. F355
Old 17 November 2001, 08:59 AM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Been there too.

Seen plenty of Scoobs, especially Sydney. Far more than in any other place.
Obviously need to go back to spot Ferrari etc

Old 17 November 2001, 02:28 PM
AJbaseBloke
Scooby Regular

Wink

Lots of snow, which is why there are heaps in Melbourne, too

Old 17 November 2001, 11:58 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Talking

I miss that place. If you think scoobies are rare in the UK, you should see how rare they are in Greece. I see one a month apart from mine. What a difference, from extreme to more than rare. The most I've seen here in one day is 5, including mine and that's because we had organised a meet here. These 5 scoobs came from all different towns in Greece to Athens for a meet.

Scoobs in OZ are very cheap which is one of the main reasons there are so many. A WRX in Greece is more expensive than an STI is in OZ. UK is very expensive too, but a bit cheaper than Greece. Tuning and modding is very well ahead in OZ compared to anywhere else in the world too. Also much cheaper to mod too. Only 30GBP to tune a car on a RR. Here they want 35000GRD which is roughly 60GBP and that's just for two runs, not tune.

I used to see heaps of wrexies everyday. Every man and his dog has one there. Bondi in Sydney is a top stretch not only for drags but also for show n' shine. I used to be there every Sunday night with firstly my Ford Falcon XA GT and then my Holden Commodore Group A "Walkinshaw", before I moved to Greece and bought my scoob. Another two big and famous stretches were Brighton and Dolls Point, so if you're currently in OZ Kelvin try and go there. Brighton is busy with done up cars on Sunday nights. Also try and go to Eastern Creek Raceway dragstrip. You'll see plenty there too. They have 2 meetings a month on a Wednesday night, start 5pm. You may see Rigolis 10second scoob race there.

Unfortunately there are no stretches like that here for performance cars. There could be some nice places for it, but no one seems to take part in that activity here. One of the things I have missed.

Cheers,

Wrexy.

[Edited by WREXY - 11/18/2001 12:03:26 AM]
Old 18 November 2001, 07:51 AM
Col
Scooby Regular

Kelvin,
Your right about Bondi,some amazing cars cruising around.Saw an evo 6 take on a 360 modena the other day.Subarus everywhere too and some really good looking 200sx nissans.