Sponsored by:

First day of ownership and first N*B spotted

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2006, 09:22 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First day of ownership and first N*B spotted

I have had my first Scooby about 1 hour when i got my first boy racer try go for it from the lights. He was in what looked like a Corsa SRI, piece of crap really few years old, massive exhaust, graphics on back window. Spotty Chav driving. He pulls up at side of me at lights and starts blipping throttle, i glance across and start to smile, lights go amber and he is off. Loads of noise and smoke but not much go. Do i have to put up with this or is it something rare.

P.S If my 3 year old daughter had not been in the car i would have gone with him
Old 29 September 2006, 09:31 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by theboy
I have had my first Scooby about 1 hour when i got my first boy racer try go for it from the lights. He was in what looked like a Corsa SRI, piece of crap really few years old, massive exhaust, graphics on back window. Spotty Chav driving. He pulls up at side of me at lights and starts blipping throttle, i glance across and start to smile, lights go amber and he is off. Loads of noise and smoke but not much go. Do i have to put up with this or is it something rare.

P.S If my 3 year old daughter had not been in the car i would have gone with him
Save petrol, your licence and your daughter and let them get on with it. "going with him" makes you no better than him
Old 29 September 2006, 09:35 PM
scooby2!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Save petrol, your licence and your daughter and let them get on with it. "going with him" makes you no better than him
Agreed

Get used to this kind of "attention" comes with scooby owning territory!
Old 29 September 2006, 09:47 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Disagree... why not show the Corsa driver what proper acceleration is? Don't have to break the speed limit or take it to silly speeds but what's wrong with making him look ridicolous with just the first couple or maybe three gears?

Also some of these 'sheds' can be running serious power. Couple of weeks ago I had a similar thing with a Corrado VR6... thought I was going to anhilate it but there wasn't much in it. Had a quick chat with the guy next set of lights and turns out he'd done some serious and impressive mod's. Similar thing happened with a Sierra Cosworth on same stretch a week before.

Last edited by Ben v7; 29 September 2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 29 September 2006, 10:07 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Hey i would never do owt with my daughter in the car. Yes i do agree with both, let him go so he can tell his mates he did a Scooby. But i also think at times its worth booting it for a short while.
Old 29 September 2006, 10:19 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hardly call a VR6 or Cosworth sheds (not having a go but they are in a different league to a Corsa)
Old 29 September 2006, 10:24 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

hi the boy if youve just got the love of your life how come youve got time to be on here you must have wireless b/b and be sat in it

Trending Topics

Old 29 September 2006, 10:27 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shooter007
hi the boy if youve just got the love of your life how come youve got time to be on here you must have wireless b/b and be sat in it
Hey for your right for stupid reason i voluntered to look after my daughter while the wife went out for a meal. I am sure the car is down in the garage shouting come on lets go play.
Old 29 September 2006, 10:36 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

Hey for your right for stupid reason i voluntered to look after my daughter while the wife went out for a meal. I am sure the car is down in the garage shouting come on lets go play.
Did your wife say you had to stay in to babysit? Couldnt you baby sit in the scooby. Just a thought.

Last edited by shooter007; 29 September 2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 29 September 2006, 10:42 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Not really, i was down the local pub with daughter earlier watching the rugby. But we decided to leave mainly because i wanted a beer and it was time to put the baby in the garage.

Might be taking the car to a family party on Saturday night, Uncle just got a FQ300 so we might be showing off to each other. Or i might leave it at home and get pi**ed.

Off to Blackpool to see the lights on Sunday with the family, so it will get a run out then
Old 29 September 2006, 10:46 PM
sr-stig
Scooby Regular

You did well not to race him.. I only wish i had the same brains but i can never help myself.. No doubt i will learn the hard way when The police Jag or the T5 is pulling me over.
Old 29 September 2006, 10:49 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Hey i have had 3 GSXR motorbikes, RS1800, Octavia VRS, Cooper S. To mention a few and the only points i have ever got were in my Fiesta 1.4S. At the time i thought there was not a car to touch it. All i wanted was a rev counter, it had one was cheaper to insure than the Nova SR and guess what the rev counter packed in after a week.
Old 29 September 2006, 10:53 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

watch out for speed camera,s through lights walking pace only im told good night theboy time to go
Old 30 September 2006, 01:29 AM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

i find most boy/girl racers just want to see what they shift like most say "i know i didn't have a chance but wanted to see" but there is alot of them now with a lot of engine modded cars i.e corsa's etc that will keep up with standard sti and when talk to them they've spent alot of money on there car.
think of it this way if i pull up at the side of a ferrari 430 i'm going to give it some just to see but their probably thinking same as some do about boy/girl racers.

but you'l always get your proper chavs that are just n*bs
Old 30 September 2006, 01:43 AM
d5hof
Scooby Regular

my reaction depends on the person and how he behaves, if he looks like a complete **** and acts like one then i don't bother , but if its some young kid and they just wanna do it for the fun of it then i play with them until 3rd gear or so, it makes them happy...even though i smoke them!!
Old 30 September 2006, 07:31 AM
cubby
Scooby Regular

Hey up The Boy ....

Glad your enjoying ya Scoob ...

You get loads of these n*bs around Halifax trying to race ya ... get it all the time

Depends what frame of mind i'm in to wether i embarress them or not ... tis allways best to embaress them when they have there chavy bird in with them ... lol

Mostly see you around soon enough ...
Old 30 September 2006, 08:05 AM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

My advice, let them take the three points and insurance hike. You do get the odd kn@b every now and again. All I do is have a quit mutter to myself ( you know what I mean), then let em get on with it.
I long for the day when a chav, boyracer whatever you want to call em, overtaking me at a hideous speed, then the sound of sirens and the flashing lights behind him. Then seeing him get pulled over
It may never happen but the thought is always there
Just enjoy the car, ignore the rest.

Anthony
Old 30 September 2006, 08:10 AM
Andygreer
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, new to this performance car stuff alos and have found that no one lets you in ques, out of junctions, and they try to beat you or put the toe down when overtaking. I think its just the image of the "racing subaru" they say hes not gettign in. May be jelousy?
Old 30 September 2006, 08:23 AM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Andy, its the opposite for me, people let me out/in etc when in the Scoob. But in the other car

Anthony
Old 30 September 2006, 09:02 AM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bug Eyed Peas
Andy, its the opposite for me, people let me out/in etc when in the Scoob. But in the other car

Anthony
Most of the time I agree... seem to get more respect from most road users. Then there are the utter kn*bs who go out of their way to be an irration by just being inconsiderate. I put it down to jealousy, but the 50+ guy who undertook me in a battererd pick up truck yesterday just a d1ck I guess!
Old 30 September 2006, 01:46 PM
d5hof
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bug Eyed Peas

Anthony
Agreed
Old 30 September 2006, 03:22 PM
New_scooby_04

1) Hope you're enjoying the car

2) Get used to the *****!

3) Dont rise to it: you beat them, so what: a Corsa gets beaten by a Scooby, big news! A properly launched scooby/evo will get to 30 (i.e. limit from most lights) in just 2 secs (under if STi or tuned). So you get 2 secs of action and then you have to back off, but do you think Corsa boi is going to? Not on your life: when you back off, he'll just try and tear past you to say "I did a Scooby" possibly doing something very silly/danerous in the process.

Trust me! There is very little that will live with a turbo 4wd car off the line. Be content in the knowledge, leave it at that, keep your license and self respect!

Ns04
Old 30 September 2006, 03:27 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I hardly ever rise to a baiting, but invariably, after I have done, I feel embarrassed and ashamed.
Old 30 September 2006, 04:38 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Let him av it.........
Old 30 September 2006, 04:45 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by nathanb
Let him av it.........
If I recall correctly, the last time someone used that phrase, well, let's just say things didn't turn out to well for him!

Ns04
Old 30 September 2006, 05:26 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

You get this kind of attention in any fast car!

its the same sort a thing that most scooby drivers would do if a Ferrari or any other exotic supercar pulled up next to them at the lights. Same senario but the scooby being the cheap boy racer looking car.

But fair play to you for keeping your daughter safe, and not going for it.
Old 30 September 2006, 07:04 PM
scuba_doo
Scooby Regular

Coming down m4 the other day about 75 to 80 mark and had the tomtom start beeping for a mobile camera about 1200 metres on , slowed to 70 and had a tw!t in stickered up corsa fly straight passed at about 90 only to see his brake lights coming on about 150m from the bridge with a camera van on it .Oh yes he was quicker then me , so he deserves the points for winning that one !! .
Old 30 September 2006, 07:13 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
If I recall correctly, the last time someone used that phrase, well, let's just say things didn't turn out to well for him!

Ns04
Wasn't that in about 1956 when two bank robbers mudered a copper ??
The cop said "Gimme the gun", one of the robbers said "Let 'em have it",
so the other guy with the gun did, with both barrels !! (The gunman was underage, so they just hung the first guy because of what he said !!)
Old 30 September 2006, 07:17 PM
subaru348
Scooby Newbie

Cool time and a place

let the loser in the corsa go for it after all theres tons of scrap for him to get his car fixed but scooby spare are few and far
Old 30 September 2006, 07:40 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

My favourite, should circumstances apply, is to rev back when revved at, give the challenger the 'let us play for I want to sin' look, and when the lights go amber/green... casually turn left.

Jonts.

Quick Reply: First day of ownership and first N*B spotted