Sponsored by:

Hi (and help)

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2006, 09:10 PM
Lotus Eater
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi (and help)

Hi - great to finally be joining after over a year with my low miler, 95 WRX wagon import but two things are driving me nuts:
1. Brakes- I've upgraded to 4 pots but the vibration under medium braking is just as bad as with the standard set up and the ABS light is now on almost permanently. Two main dealer ABS diagnostics say its the nsr wheel sensor but ohm and volt tests say the senors are all good. The discs have been checked and aren't warped and all suspension etc is apparently OK. Someone said the vibration is caused by the ABS fault, and that it might be the ABS ECU. There's not much info around so any ideas appreciated before all my fillings fall out.....
2. I've had some engine mods for a few months - VF35 turbo, Power FC, boost controller etc and all OK until a couple of weeks ago when the bonnet scoop started smoking like it had a 40 a day habit. I traced this to a crank case breather tube venting to the atmosphere under the dump valve which looked like it was once connected to something but was now loose. Any ideas?