Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with warranty on suspension.

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2006, 01:40 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with warranty on suspension.

At least 8 weeks ago poss more i had it confrimed by the mechanic at my local dealer that my rear struts were gubbed (been like that since bout 3-4 month old car is now 10 months old. its a 55 plate WRX from malta with full 3 year warranty and i also sent my paper work away to IM to register the car for the full warranty. so did my dealer but still my cars vin won`t come up on IM`s comp to allow the work to be done. So im wonderin if anyone else has had bother with this since its is a well know fault of struts failing. And who can i contact to get things moving? Thanks Greig
Old 21 September 2006, 10:18 AM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Go to the organ grinder and forget about the monkey in your dealership.
If there is a problem it's for them to sort.
Old 21 September 2006, 12:42 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Varboy
Go to the organ grinder and forget about the monkey in your dealership.
If there is a problem it's for them to sort.

there is a small problem with that, the supplying dealer i reckon wont even speak english

and the UK supplier has there money and really wont give a damm mate.

they will tell you to claim under the warranty the car has. Bit of a catch 22 then im affraid for you. A UK dealer wont be bending over to far to help you as you shyed away from them in the first place taking the business else where. So until you get that sorted with IM, ad say you have no chance.

I have a good contact at IM should you need it, but its kind of a last resort. PM should you require it.

A note to others, Many WRX's have had rear suspension faliure, inc many STI's, may want to get this sorted out incase your car fails on you.

One of the main reasons i bought a UK version, abosolutly no get out for any dealers, and it can go anywhere any time with out this kind of crap going on
Old 22 September 2006, 12:00 AM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_SWRT
At least 8 weeks ago poss more i had it confrimed by the mechanic at my local dealer that my rear struts were gubbed (been like that since bout 3-4 month old car is now 10 months old. its a 55 plate WRX from malta with full 3 year warranty and i also sent my paper work away to IM to register the car for the full warranty. so did my dealer but still my cars vin won`t come up on IM`s comp to allow the work to be done. So im wonderin if anyone else has had bother with this since its is a well know fault of struts failing. And who can i contact to get things moving? Thanks Greig
You are obviously being messed around by Subaru UK who are putting irrelevant obstacles in the way of the warranty. Personally I would write / email Subaru UK and tell them that you feel that their procedures are effectively blocking the 3 yr euro warranty which you have purchased and that they resolve this within two weeks or you will have no option but to contact Subaru Europe directly for resolution. I will pm relevant email addresses.

cheers
Tim.
Old 22 September 2006, 02:59 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that mate will get on to them. i know its not my local dealer thats at it its IM thats pissin about not puttin ma car on there system so the work can be approved my 2 new shockers are already ordered by the parts servicing guy that i know pretty well just need IM to say go for it. Greig