ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

stopped at 4am

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2006, 01:14 PM
TINO.wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stopped at 4am

taking my parents to the airport cop car in front which pulls over, waits for me to go past then follows, bout 1/2 mile later blue lights flash, i pull over, then he asks to step toward the pathment, when he asks is it ur car(scooby wrx) i say no(n i bet he was starting to feel excited) when i say its my mums!!!!LOL

ask my name and address, any id all i had was bank card, which seemed fine. reason bein that at that time of the morning if they see a high value car(which most of u scooby haters will say its only worth £50, as i saw for the same on autotrader)!!! then they will check it out.
well at least they do do good things occansionally, id rather them check, than not bother and when it is nicked they do nothing

so a to thames valley police. have to say that as my mate works for them!!!!!

steve
Old 18 September 2006, 01:18 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Never a bad thing being pulled for them to check if its your motor etc... It happened to me a couple of months ago and I thanked him for making the effort
Old 18 September 2006, 01:33 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Yep, I'd agree. I would have no problems with being stopped to check if the car's mine, rather than some low-life driving it. I'd start to get a bit p***ed if it happened every week though, but it doesnt.

Old 18 September 2006, 02:18 PM
wilb
Scooby Regular

Nice to read a positive comment about the police for once!

My mate signed up last year, I didn't realise the amount of grim work he has to do. The amount of road accidents he has already attended and how many mutilated bodies he has already seen amazes me. They do deserve some respect, too many people think they are just out to get you for all the money they can, that's not always the case.
Old 18 September 2006, 04:50 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

Agree, got pulled in Exeter on Saturday, for check. Police said just had 3 scoobs stolen their in last week alone. I matched their description of Blue Subaru with gold wheels (how rare ). Still if some low life nicked it I would want them pulled and then used as shark bate!!!
Old 19 September 2006, 04:23 PM
h4rry
Scooby Regular

As previously stated elsewhere there are some great copper out there and hats off to the work they do!

But........There are, of course the w**kers out there also who havent got a care in the world, and will just throw the book at you for anything they can (and in some instatnce, things they can't!) The last copper who booked me (for contravening a solid white line at 3.15am) even asked me for the make and model of the car bacause he didnt know what it was! Thus proving some coppers havent got the foggiest on basic car knowledge, which you would expect from a traffic officer!

Ive even been stopped in my old car (modified Mk3 Astra) by a copper who just wanted a closer look because he was quite impressed with what id done with it!
Old 20 September 2006, 08:45 AM
TINO.wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by h4rry
The last copper who booked me (for contravening a solid white line at 3.15am) even asked me for the make and model of the car bacause he didnt know what it was! Thus proving some coppers havent got the foggiest on basic car knowledge, which you would expect from a traffic officer!

i think that traffic cop should change roles!! the 1s my mates knows in traffic all do it for the love of driving and car enthusiasts(sp)!!

steve
Old 20 September 2006, 11:18 AM
WHEELSHOP0_0
Scooby Regular

Have to say I am not a lover of the Police but understand they do a very difficult job,just read some of the comments on this forum with a view to how people bend/break the rules as to exhaust noise/window tints/no. plates etc. and I can understand them stopping cars like ours. I would like to say I have a fast,legal car as we run a business selling bits to people who love cars and am asked every day to do things that are illegal.All that I can ask is for the minority not to spoil it for the majority and cooperate fully with any reasonable request from the Police and as such will allow the Police to get back to catching the "vermin" that steal cars/from cars and hopefully reduce my insurance premiums in the process.That said there are good and bad in every job,I just hope to deal with the good if I ever really need them
I know this is simplified but then I am probably simple too.