Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Car Advice Urgently Needed Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2006, 10:12 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car Advice Urgently Needed Guys!

05 STi was pinched last month - trackstar picked up s*d all - car well gone!
Can't risk another STi, as we have been hit twice now in the space of four months, so not worth the risk!

Seen little green bug-eyed WRX on a 51 plate locally.....ugly as sin but hopefully not terribly 'nickable' maybe? REALLY miss driving my scoob & have been trundling round in a leased Volvo S40, which is now starting to niggle big-time for various reasons, not just its slowness!

WRX has done approx. 53,000 miles, full service history etc., £8,995......I have relatively no experience buying used cars, so need advice please on whether this is worth looking at or not!
Btw, car is completely bog-standard - no mods whatsoever!

Pleeeaaase???
Old 24 August 2006, 10:23 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Will still be a risk, theft wise IMO, as these cars get knicked to use as getaway cars, so a WRX is still going to be fast, especially if it's wet.
Old 24 August 2006, 10:28 AM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Bad luck on the cars you've had nicked.

One thing occurs to me, why not go for an Sti but simply replace the big rear wing for the WRX (ironing board) and move to anthracite wheels instead of the give-away gold wheels. Then finish the deal with some tinted windows (so that would-be thieves can't see the blue seats, carpet, six-speed gear stick or the Sti steering wheel) and hey presto........ a Q car (well at least an N, O or P car!!!!)

Then again maybe you're right but why not go for the blob-eye WRX, it's better looking - slightly?
Old 24 August 2006, 10:33 AM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

Hi SA, I'm from Stafford and have a DBM wrx, I take it you're looking at the green WRX down at Dan's in Stone.
Sorry to hear about your losses mate,
I've never had the slightest problem with any vandalism etc, and really enjoy driving my WRX.
What bit of Stafford are you from if you don't mind me askin?

Dan
Old 24 August 2006, 10:33 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Will still be a risk, theft wise IMO, as these cars get knicked to use as getaway cars.....
*hands over ears.....la, la, la, la, la, la.....I can't hear you..*

Nah, you're dead right...daughter wanted the Evo that was there but that really does have an invisible bumper sticker on it saying 'nick me'!
So, even a humble little bog-standard green bug-eye would be asking for it, you reckon?
I'm doomed to drive an S40 for ever then.....ah well, at least I won't get any speeding tickets I s'pose!
Old 24 August 2006, 10:47 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Awd Chaddy
Bad luck on the cars you've had nicked.
T'was the same car!
Tried to pinch it in May but couldn't defeat the immobiliser (after spraying car with poly-whatsit foam, ripping out indicator lights, smashing a rear window etc., so returned in July & this time went straight for the keys by breaking into my house! (Nothing else was touched, so they obviously just came for the car!)

One thing occurs to me, why not go for an Sti but simply replace the big rear wing for the WRX (ironing board) and move to anthracite wheels instead of the give-away gold wheels. Then finish the deal with some tinted windows (so that would-be thieves can't see the blue seats, carpet, six-speed gear stick or the Sti steering wheel) and hey presto........ a Q car (well at least an N, O or P car!!!!)
Norra bad idea....if I could afford a decent STi....unfortunately I used mine as an everyday car, racked up 45,000 miles & got 16,000 quid out of the insurance, 14,000 of which went to pay off the finance! (So having spent 15k, inc. deposit & taking off the excess, rest of year's insurance, I ended up with 700 quid!) Bummer!

..why not go for the blob-eye WRX, it's better looking - slightly?
Ooh, err....I think the one I'm looking at is a bug eye (big, round, slightly slanted headlights) - what's the blob eye look like then? Sorry to be so thick!
Old 24 August 2006, 10:52 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danwrx1980
Hi SA, I'm from Stafford and have a DBM wrx, I take it you're looking at the green WRX down at Dan's in Stone.
Good guess! LOL Anything I should know? PM if you prefer!
What bit of Stafford are you from if you don't mind me askin?
Out Haughton/Ranton way!

Trending Topics

Old 24 August 2006, 12:33 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

I don't think so mate I test drove an 02 STi he had there (the black one he uses as his personal car) but I had only had my WRX for about 4 months and the PX he offered me was crap. He seems a decent enough bloke and certainly seems an enthusiast, so I think it would be worth a look. I've always liked the green (my first scoob was a classic dark green) and it was a choice of green or blue for my new one.

You ought to have a look here, Stafford scooby crew, and come along to a few of our meets, would be good to have a few new members.

http://www.ssc-subaru.co.uk/

I'd be more than happy to meet up and come and have a look at it with ya, let me know if you fancy it.

Dan
Old 24 August 2006, 12:53 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Thanks Dan! Appreciated!

Might pop over & have another quick look at it & if deffo interested, may give you a shout to come with for a second look!
Can't afford to make any c*ck-ups in choosing a scooby, as I've slid so far back down the ladder now, pennies-wise, might as well be 'starting from scratch'!