Sponsored by:

Number plate cloning

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2006, 08:37 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Number plate cloning

I have just seen a bit about this on the telly apparently it’s getting worse and it got me thinking, I have spent hours deleting our number plates on member’s gallery but is it really worth doing? Granted scoobynet is a quick place to reach to if you have freshly stolen yourself a scoob but I would assume most cloned cars must be in a local-ish area to the cloners for them to have seen it. That said I bet the odd car crim carries a note pad or jots them into his phone! But what will or can the authorities actually do about this? I mean if YOU did get cloned would you simply not explain your whereabouts hopefully get alibi and move on? Forgive my ignorance if this is not the case but I even thought could it work in my favour? Could I not pop down to millets grab nice balaclava and drive 200 miles away from my house speed through several cameras ensuring you are flashed then hey presto “it weren’t me guv I’ve been cloned!”

Just a thought.

Ads
Old 18 August 2006, 12:09 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't recommend the balaclava in the current state of fear. You'll either get shot or get given a gun to shoot someone with.

IMO it's not just the dodgy traders or car crims that are the problem. Everything's done on number plate. Want to drive in central London but not pay the CC, simply get a set of plates made from another blue Subaru...

Want to drive at xxx(x?) MPH and not get speeding tickets, same answer.

J.
Old 18 August 2006, 12:53 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

But if you are spotted by a cop car they will phone your local nick who will then come straight round to your house to see if the car is there .

Happened with me .Woken up middle of the night by copper banging on front door asking where my car was.Had to go show him the car in the garage and he also checked to see if the exhaust was cold/hot .
Some maggot had seen my car(Rb5 at the time ) and had my plate made up and stuck it on the car they were driving .Luckily did not get any speeding tickets through ,which I am sure would have been a pain to get cancelled .
Old 18 August 2006, 09:13 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

On photographs they can also look at stickers, towbar, spoilers, light etc., so you'd better hope your car has no distinguishing features