New Impreza.....1st Post

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2000, 10:49 PM
Scooby-CAN
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Hello everyone

Well first I’ll start off by saying I live in Canada, and that we never received the Impreza Turbo (or now the WRX) model until now. It's not here yet but it will be soon. All we got was a non-turbo 2.5 liter engine model which was rather slow (about 8.0 sec from 0-60) so you can imagine how excited I was when I knew a WRX model is coming, that is ’till I saw the pictures. From what I’ve seen on this board many of you dislike the looks of the new car. In my opinion all Subaru had to do to insure that it has a winner car was to update the old car’s looks, refine the car and update the interior. It seems that Subaru have done much more than that. They not only updated the looks but radically changed them....to the worse. I admit they seem to have done a good job in the interior and the refinement part. Some of you think it's a little too refined but remember the Impreza is not only a rally car but a small family car as well (I'm talking about the non-turbo versions of course). From what I’ve read, the structure is much stiffer, the car is safer and has a longer list of standard equipment at little extra cost (good thing). Now the new model is out this is what Subaru should do to make it more appealing, again in my opinion:
1. Change the looks of the car, at least the front headlights (some of the prototypes’ pictures I’ve seen are much better looking). The back doesn’t look all that good either but of course the front end is in a league of its own. Best view, side view. Then again maybe just maybe the car looks a little better in the flesh.
2. Increase the engine’s power by 15-20 horses to offset the weight to power ratio.

I realize the “change the looks of the car” won’t be happening any time soon unless sales are really bad (I don’t think they’ll be that bad), but the increase in horsepower shouldn’t be much of a problem.

p.s. I think the P1 is the best looking Impreza....just another opinion
Old 28 October 2000, 11:21 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Photo's nor telly show true story now ive seen it in the flesh i actually quite like even thoose lights .

Simon
PS never said i had taste
PPS nope 22b
Old 28 October 2000, 11:22 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

o yeah and welcome
Old 29 October 2000, 10:59 AM
hooksin
Scooby Regular

welcome to the site & I agree with your sentiments btw.
I bought MY95 2 months ago....happy motoring