Sponsored by:

Interesting package - SC450

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2006, 11:04 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Interesting package - Scooby Clinic 450

I went to Scoobyclinic for the first time ever to visit Pat and have him interfere with my car

Interesting afternoon which has given me some food for thought. As I was there Kev very generously allowed me to drive (I am sure this is pretty much a unique privilege) his demonstrator SC450 car, which is the 450bhp drivetrain in the 22b.

Having owned a modified classic, a 550bhp plus classic and now a lightly tuned new Spec C this was going to be an very interesting drive.

The car was very easy to drive, very civilised and quiet. Pretty much like a standard 22b, indeed as close to the very best standard 22b I have driven owned by Chuckster.

Once we had warmed the oil up to over 70deg we then started to use a little boost. What a transformation. The car really pulled with little lag and a low boost threshold. It then powered way right to the red line.

In second it was ferocious. Not as brutal as my old modified classic, but some how easier to access, easier to control and relentless shove.

In higher gears it just kept on pulling

Of all the cars I have driven it is the most balanced and civilised high power car. It's light is under a bushel until you push the loud pedal and then off it goes. A great combination of engine mods, induction and turbo.

If you are up there - get Kev to take you out in it - excellent.

Personally the finishing touch would be to improve the stoppers - the conversion is good but they are not AP 6 pots which IMHO the car deserves.

Rannoch

Last edited by Trout; 12 August 2006 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Title change
Old 12 August 2006, 02:13 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Smile

Hi,
glad you liked it
This is exactly what we set out to do, produce a seriusly quick road car that is still user freindly, in fact we have used the same package on a number of track cars with great success, joe lucketts type R has been described as one of quickest EJ257 conversions on the circuit at present.

You are right about the brakes, they do need another upgrade, its got a godspeed converion and mintex 1155 material pads, but sadly they have been out performed
In the quest for more power the brakes often get left till last.

Cheers
Kev
Old 14 August 2006, 09:33 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

In the quest for more power the brakes often get left till last.

edited
Old 14 August 2006, 10:15 AM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)

When you're putting an engine package together, and all the R&D work for power/spool up is done on a Dyno Dynamics "rolling road", yes, things like brakes, and suspension do tend to get left until last !

Mark.