Sponsored by:

Hi and Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2006, 08:00 PM
SkyStorm
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi and Help!

Hi guys this is my first post here and I was looking for some advice.

My father passed away a few weeks ago and he has left with us his car.

It is a silver 03 reg. Silver WRx Turbo estate, with custom uprated prodrive suspension and brakes. It also has a custom head unit and speakers and only 39k miles on the clock. The 2 dealerships we have approached have offered us £9,000 for it but I dont feel this is a fair price. And to be fair one dealership added that this was because they "sympathised" with our situation.

I would love to keep the car myself but I know I could never afford to insure and run it so we have to look to other avenues. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how I might find out if this is really a fair price?

Thanks guys for your time.
Old 08 August 2006, 08:36 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

my deepest sympathy for you and your family been there and takes time think you have done all you need unless you post in sales section all the best steve.
Old 08 August 2006, 08:54 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

firstly id like to say sorry about your loss. why dont you get a price for insurance as you may be suprised depending on your circumstances it may come out quiet reasonable and the petrol side of things isnt that bad really(i get 50+miles out of a tenner). this would be a nice thing to do as im sure your dad enjoyed driving the car and it would be nice for you to do the same. if you dont fancy this as the previous post suggest, put it in the for sale section on here
Old 08 August 2006, 09:17 PM
SkyStorm
Scooby Newbie

Yes we had a hell of a lot of fun together in this car and more in his RB5 with prodrive pack before I will research things and hopefully can come to a solution
Old 08 August 2006, 09:22 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SkyStorm
Yes we had a hell of a lot of fun together in this car and more in his RB5 with prodrive pack before I will research things and hopefully can come to a solution
good luck with whatever you choose to do though mate