Sponsored by:

Scooby Boost issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2006, 08:38 AM
Twinkle Scooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Scooby Boost issues!!

Hi Guys firstly I wanted to say thanks to all those that offered advice with my scooby boost problems last week.

After the stress of speaking to every tom,dick & harry at Subaru, I managed to get to the bottom of the issue. it's even worse when your female, they think your thick a mince!!

A few of my friends work at prodrive and came to look at it for me yesterday, its actually my wastegate solinoid, one minute its chucking 22 PSI then the next 10 PSI!!! So the boost controller has no idea what it should run at, so he has blocked it off, to run practically no boost (How slow) to save detination as the over boost cut off is not working.

Spoke to Subaru (my local one is very new to the Subaru world) to order the part they had no idea what I was talking about , so i had to drive there (about half hour) to show a mechanic which part I needed, as you can imagine being a lady he was a bit embarassed!! But they were helpful £140 for my 2003 03 Facelift WRX, but for a WR1 it's £45 never mind!! Beauty of Warrenty!! But I finally got there and just wanted to say a big thanks to you all for your advice

Thanks

Cas