Sponsored by:

MY06 EU Sti Service Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2006, 08:56 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MY06 EU Sti Service Schedule

I bought a new EU MY06 Sti (Cyprus) in March from my local Subaru dealer (no longer does UK sales - just parts/service!), have just received the warranty/service book and am a little confused about the service intervals

The service schedule listed is: 1,600km; 5,000km; 12months/15,000km; 18months; 24months/30,000km; 30months; 36months/45,000km etc...

The service book says the 1k oil change is just needed for Vivio & E12 models, but I had mine done at 1000 miles as the dealer suggested. The next 5000km service has been crossed out to show my next will be 15,000km (9.3kmiles).

I seem to recall the UK Sti's needing a 1k oil change (due to different oil initially) and then a service each 10k after that.

I'm rather confused as I obviously want to retain my warranty and would appreciate any help.

I've done a search or 2 and seem to find loads of info on WRX's but not Sti's!

Leeroy
Old 03 August 2006, 09:29 PM
white
Scooby Regular

Nothing to do with your question, just something I'm wondering out of curiosity. Do the EU import cars come with MPH or KMH speedos??
Old 03 August 2006, 11:02 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to keep to the service intervals of the country of origin if you wish to retain the warranty.

White, MPH

Tony
Old 04 August 2006, 11:11 AM
dave_sw1
Scooby Regular

Default hmm

I am buying an STI from allbrandsnew and have a fax from them saying the warranty is subject to a UK service schedule,

malta and cyprus are classed as hot dusty countries and require shorter service intervals.

you need a 1k service then every 10k or 12 months as per uk schedule
Old 04 August 2006, 11:20 AM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

mph speedos
Old 04 August 2006, 11:21 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

I've got an 06 WRX from Cyprus and my local dealer told me the oil is exactly the same and if I recall correctly the next service was NOT crossed out.
Old 04 August 2006, 11:37 AM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave_sw1
I am buying an STI from allbrandsnew and have a fax from them saying the warranty is subject to a UK service schedule,

malta and cyprus are classed as hot dusty countries and require shorter service intervals.

you need a 1k service then every 10k or 12 months as per uk schedule
That's what my dealer has said, so in theory this is the way to go!
Old 04 August 2006, 11:38 AM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arronb
I've got an 06 WRX from Cyprus and my local dealer told me the oil is exactly the same and if I recall correctly the next service was NOT crossed out.
Exactly the same as what? The 5000km service is crossed out in my book.
Old 04 August 2006, 11:58 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Opps - The oil they puit in at th 1K service is exactly the same as what they drained out.
Old 04 August 2006, 12:31 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

It will be a generic service book with stamps for every possible service on every model in the subaru range.

The service schedule in the handbook will dictate what needs doing when.

Juts pray to god you never have to claim on the warranty.
Old 04 August 2006, 01:11 PM
badgersport
Scooby Regular

I've got an import from Malta and the Subaru dealer who did the 1K service told me the next one would be at 10k or 12 months and they know the cars is from Malta.
Old 04 August 2006, 06:43 PM
Benno2
Scooby Newbie

A question on the warranty. I've bought a new WRX import from a local dealer who have since lost both their sales and service franchise and had the car in for some warranty work at a franchised dealer. On their paperwork it showed a first registered date of 23/1/06 when the car is infact an 06 plate as it was registered in the UK 1/3/06. I've since found it was entered on the Subaru Warranty system on the 23/1/06 so my warranty is slighty less than 3 years as it is from this date not from when I bought the car. Has anyone else come across this with imports?

I was told it would need servicing at 10,000 miles or 12 months and adviced by the franchised dealer to take the time from 23/1/06 to avoid any possible quibbles over the warranty.
Old 04 August 2006, 11:18 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Yep the advice is you must follow the schedule in the service book to maintain the warranty as its the supplying dealer (i.e. cyprus) who foot the bill not the UK dealer.

Originally Posted by Benno2
A question on the warranty. I've bought a new WRX import from a local dealer who have since lost both their sales and service franchise and had the car in for some warranty work at a franchised dealer. On their paperwork it showed a first registered date of 23/1/06 when the car is infact an 06 plate as it was registered in the UK 1/3/06. I've since found it was entered on the Subaru Warranty system on the 23/1/06 so my warranty is slighty less than 3 years as it is from this date not from when I bought the car. Has anyone else come across this with imports?

I was told it would need servicing at 10,000 miles or 12 months and adviced by the franchised dealer to take the time from 23/1/06 to avoid any possible quibbles over the warranty.
Old 05 August 2006, 02:51 PM
dave_sw1
Scooby Regular

I have phoned subaru uk, they say its subject to the service schedule where the vehicle is being used, as i said above, the cyprus malta service schedule is higher as they have hot dusty climate and need more filter changes etc.

its a european wide warranty subject to the conditions laid out for the country its being used in
Old 05 August 2006, 03:25 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dave_sw1
I have phoned subaru uk, they say its subject to the service schedule where the vehicle is being used, as i said above, the cyprus malta service schedule is higher as they have hot dusty climate and need more filter changes etc.

its a european wide warranty subject to the conditions laid out for the country its being used in
Cyprus is very wet in winter and its not as dusty as made out to be (spent 3 years there).
Also the warranty is subject from the country of origin, the pan euro only means that other european countries will fix things under warranty, it does not mean however that the servicing schedule should be changed as this is applied by the country of origin and not what country the car is being used in though you can adapt to dustier countries where it states in the handbook for more frequent changes.
Cyprus is quite a distance to go and have an argument on why they wont support a claim if your servicing isnt up to their standards but nice for a holiday

Tony
Old 05 August 2006, 07:22 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

You need to check your dates.

Subaru have recently changed from the Importer-backed warranty (so claims whilst handled by Dealer + Subaru UK are settled by the original Importer) to Manufacturer backed - so all claims should be handled identically.

Subaru UK can take a little persuading to persue claims with other country's importers beyond the bare minimum of effort. If you couple that with another euro importer who may try to dodge valid warranty claims you can be in for a more difficult warranty journey than you should.