Sponsored by:

Scooby Smile

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2006, 06:14 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Scooby Smile

Went out for a drive today. Didn't need to go anywhere but just felt like sitting in my car.

The roads were clear, the sun was out (but not to hot) and had some good music (original Renaissance Mix CD).

I still can't help but smile at the burble sound, the way it goes round corners like it's on rails and the urgency it has when you put your foot down. Really, I was sat their with a smile on my face!

Does it ever wear off? Is it possible to ever get bored of these cars?

I might have to go out again soon
Old 30 July 2006, 06:18 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Had mine 4 months and it still hasnt worn off! I still go for drives for no reason with nowhere to go!!
Old 30 July 2006, 06:24 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

snap
Old 30 July 2006, 06:50 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Had mine for 6 weeks now and i smile from the time i set my eyes on it in the morning to the time i take a last look before i go to bed.

Impreza = Smile machine.
Old 30 July 2006, 07:06 PM
DARKDESTROYER9
Scooby Regular

ive had mine 18 months and drove for about 6 of them due to engine falure and then icey roads!!! just got it repaired and mot,d yesterday the wife now thinks im having an affair i keep poping to the shop that is 5mins away and i dont come back for hours (forgot how thirsty it is tho)
Old 30 July 2006, 07:29 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It'll never stop as once you get used it throw a mod or two in and you've got a whole new car !

Had mine almost standard for near a year and I treat myself every so often by taking it to work
Old 30 July 2006, 07:48 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
It'll never stop as once you get used it throw a mod or two in and you've got a whole new car !

Had mine almost standard for near a year and I treat myself every so often by taking it to work
good point. never had a "normal car". owned two scoobs since ive been driving, even the n/a sport makes you smile. but my wrx woah! everytime i pop the "thirsty" pedal, always a smile. youre right too, pop on different wheels or a spoiler, maybe some performance tweeks, and its like a whole new better experience!
Old 30 July 2006, 08:30 PM
Harty2000
Scooby Regular

Had mine nearly a year and I still love driving it. Sometimes I take the very long way back home from work or just go for drives anywhere when I dont have to.
Its just a shame for a car which is so good to drive happens to be so thirsty
Old 30 July 2006, 09:13 PM
bearded dragon
Scooby Regular

had a scoob of one kind or another for more than a few years now.

Still grinning like a dog with two dicks in a lamppost factory:-)

Best bit is, if I have the hump all I need to do is sit in the car with the engine idling (and the odd accellerator blip) to cure most woes.

Can't beat driving with hte windows down - pulling up to the lights, revving to pull away, going round a corner, accellerating into a 70 zone, with concrete crash barriers..........................................

Last edited by bearded dragon; 30 July 2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 30 July 2006, 10:36 PM
dashpig
Scooby Regular

Had mine just over a week, and like lots of other comments here i tend to take the long way round to work - which given i only actually live 2.5 miles from the place, tends to be nearly every day - shame !

I've only just started listening to the cd player - there ain't no music quite like that which comes out of the exhuast pipe - why bother with the plain stuff

The other thing i tend to do is just look out of the window at her (don't like to call her an it ! ), sitting there all haunched and ready to go - it's better than any bloody drug these cars - ANY excuse, and i mean ANY excuse to go out in it i will ! and a 5 min drive does turn into a half hour poodle about somewhere, who cares where !!

I also don't think i've ever cleaned a car quite as much as this one either, 3 washes and polishes in a week - what did i spend my spare time on before she came along ???

Who cares about the petrol costs - when life feels this good

I don't know about grinning, i just laugh my head off every time i go round a damm roundabout at how planted to the road they just are - truely stuff !
Old 30 July 2006, 10:57 PM
DARKDESTROYER9
Scooby Regular

i washed and polished mine three times since i got it out of the bodyshop wednesday so i had to wash and polish the wifes car today before she shot me
Old 31 July 2006, 02:15 AM
Akuma
Scooby Regular

6 days of owning 'her' ('95 JDM WRX) and I only got her to myself today (Only cos I'm such a lovely wife - letting hubby take her to work!)

Took the 4 year old nipper to school in it and I think he loves her just as much as mummy does "Faster Mummy" is all I get from the back seat

Sod the housework today, I'm going to give her a really good clean inside (The roof is yellow from all the nicotine, YUK!) and then take her for a blast

Best car I've owned
Old 31 July 2006, 09:01 AM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
Had mine 4 months and it still hasnt worn off! I still go for drives for no reason with nowhere to go!!
Snap, spent a ton on fuel the weekend just to drive anywhere.
Had mine a few months and certainly dont need a reason to drive her.

The scooby grins still here 100%
Old 31 July 2006, 04:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i still have my grin from owninging my scoob, but ive a horrible feeling the clutch is slipping. keeps randomly getting to 4k revs in 1st 2nd and 3rd and just bouncing suddenly off the limiter. and the clutch pedal has a lot of pressureless play. time for a service maybe...

but i still smile when idling at lights knowing many cars more expensive would struggle against me. i know i have a fast car so dont need to race, especially in dangerous conditions.

just a check in the mirror... yes still smiling!