Sponsored by:

come on we need TOTB5 news

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2006, 02:11 PM
NeilP1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default come on we need TOTB5 news

TOTB5 news how's the team's getting on ?????????????????????

some one must no some thing ??????
Old 30 July 2006, 02:27 PM
Wonder Wagon
Scooby Regular

Anyone??

Old 30 July 2006, 02:41 PM
Wonder Wagon
Scooby Regular

Okay so far I've found out Andy forrest has done a 9.5 qtr . Keith Cowie oil pump, went as he was practising
Old 30 July 2006, 04:43 PM
axgt_bwaii
Scooby Regular

any more news?
Old 30 July 2006, 04:51 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when I left there Andy had blown his manifold again , Steven & Mark were haveing trouble with Latrals scoob ?? thats all I know (left there about 3)
Old 30 July 2006, 04:57 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

the duke skylines ran 9.4
Old 30 July 2006, 05:15 PM
Suuba
Scooby Regular

7 cars hit 200mph
Old 30 July 2006, 05:23 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

any of them scoobs?
Old 30 July 2006, 05:46 PM
NeilP1
Scooby Regular

MLR won team eventl again

Simon Norris won overall

got this off MLR
Old 30 July 2006, 05:56 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Two Scoobs in the 9s, Andy and Paul.

Three Scoobs in the 10s, Lateral, Gulli and John Stevenson.

A three Scoobs competive on the handling circuit.

Great performance just not as consistent as the MLR team.

Shame Andy blew his manifold as he was on his was to a VERY fast run.

It went as he changed into 4th and so he coasted to the end of the quarter and got a 9.79s at 109mph

Could that have been the elusive 8s run - certainly a very low 9s.

Roll on TOTB6!!!

Rannoch
Old 30 July 2006, 05:58 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Andy Forrest had to retire due to mechanical problems.
Old 30 July 2006, 06:29 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

apparently the mlr boys won by one point so close
Old 30 July 2006, 09:12 PM
Suuba
Scooby Regular

we lost by 1 point!

If only AndyF manifold never blew we would have stuck one over the evo boys
Old 30 July 2006, 09:48 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus...... what a day!!!

Up at 4:15am and back home at 7:45pm.

It may sound obvious, but until you compete at an event like this is it amazing how little time you actually have to take in what is going on (as regards to others). If you want to actually appreciate a show.... don't take part!

My first run of the day was on the Drag Strip. Hadn't dragged a car for over 5 years, and said I wouldnt bother with this car (as it's hardly a drag car in reality - wrong gearbox, too heavy and not enough power). In any case I dragged it anyway, if only to put some heat in my 888's ready for the handling circuit.

First run was 13.15 which I thought was ok, but didnt exactly get my juices flowing. I then went back round for another go (as the handling circuit queue didnt seem to be moving) which ended in a 13.09..... ok, nothing lightening, but at least it was going the right way.

That was enough of that and I had already done 2 more laps than I ever envisaged in doing , so I queued up for the handling circuit. 1st lap being the sighting lap I just pootled round, 2nd lap was the 1st timed lap which got me 42 seconds..... wasnt impressed as I knew the top boys were getting in the 37's / 38's (but then thats why they are the top boys I suppose ). I then queued up for another go and really BOMBED out on that one getting a 45 second lap (went totally **** up on one part ).

Getting a bit dillusional by the handling thing, I thought I would give the 1/4 mile another crack as I really wanted to get in the 12's. 3rd run gave me a 12.71 ..... I then quickly tried again but got a 12.81 . I still knew there was plenty left in the baby as the starts were not perfect and the 60ft time was abissmal (but was that the 6sp box I beg to ask). I would certainly have another go, but needed to get another lap on the handling circuit.

Queued up for handling..... engine hot, tyres hot.... i'm hot!!!

3rd timed lap (you were allowed a maximum of 5) and tried to give it full leather (but unfortunately my **** and dirving ability didnt allow it) and I never bettered my 1st timed lap.

Back to the drag strip for one final abusive run.

I had been trialling different launch technics, but still hadnt found the best method as of yet (I used to drag quite a lot many years ago, but had never launched this car EVER). On this last launch I decided to have the diff locked from start to finish and change gear a bit earlier. Well, it must of come together because it got me a 12.5 1/4 with a 60ft of 1.6secs . Maybe.... just maybe I have the taste for drag racing again. What with a 6sp box, weight, low boost due to mega hot inlet and engine temps on the standard top mount intercooler (I couldnt be arsed with pushing my car down the pit lane lol) and only 370ish bhp, I was quietly pleased. With a bit more practice, cooler weather with full boost I think I could crack very very low 12's if not just in to the 11's (you gotta be positive). I was amazed at how well it was able to launch (clearly dictated by the 60ft time). Ok, I know it aint no 9 or 10sec car.... but it is a lardy arsed newage with a dog slow 6 speeder!

I admit I was down about the handling...... but that will come with more and more practice.

Excellent event imho and a credit to TOTB and Straightliners. Roll on TOTB6.

Regards,
Shaun.

Last edited by ex-webby; 30 July 2006 at 10:04 PM.
Old 30 July 2006, 10:00 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

absolutely fantastic day for me and the lad.

some very interesting results with that very normal puple corsa running the 1/4 as quick as the lambo, they should have put them head to head, and that silver mg was storming.

a very well organised and enjoyable event.

shaun, what was you driving?
Old 30 July 2006, 10:01 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent little write up Shaun I'd be very happy with a 12.5 second quarter mile
Old 30 July 2006, 10:03 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Bob,

The ScoobyNet white Spec C.
Old 30 July 2006, 10:13 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster
Bob,

The ScoobyNet white Spec C.
doh! (it used to be my screensaver)
Old 30 July 2006, 10:19 PM
GREEN SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yep! a brilliant day overall. Well done to all the Scoobys that took part.Was well impressed with Andy F. A terminal speed of 171 mph!!!!!! on road tyres. Everyone in the stand thought it was a miss calculation, 171 mph? I did but when he had his drag tyres on he hit 169 mph in 9.5 secs it was obviously correct. Was very sad to see him retire though I think he crossed the line around 9.79 secs@ 109 mph!! what time was that going to be?? If the car did not break he would have been the fastest there easily winning the event with the cars running today, maybe and maybe only Keith Cowie giving him a run for his money.
Old 30 July 2006, 10:21 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Forgot to say (apologies)....

Congrates to Team Subaru...... you guys narrowly missed out on Team victory. Next year!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 30 July 2006, 10:25 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GREEN SCOOBY
yep! a brilliant day overall. Well done to all the Scoobys that took part.Was well impressed with Andy F. A terminal speed of 171 mph!!!!!! on road tyres. Everyone in the stand thought it was a miss calculation, 171 mph? I did but when he had his drag tyres on he hit 169 mph in 9.5 secs it was obviously correct. Was very sad to see him retire though I think he crossed the line around 9.79 secs@ 109 mph!! what time was that going to be?? If the car did not break he would have been the fastest there easily winning the event with the cars running today, maybe and maybe only Keith Cowie giving him a run for his money.
thats what happens when you use NOS damned unlucky for that run though
Old 30 July 2006, 10:26 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Jesus...... what a day!!!

Up at 4:15am and back home at 7:45pm.

It may sound obvious, but until you compete at an event like this is it amazing how little time you actually have to take in what is going on (as regards to others). If you want to actually appreciate a show.... don't take part!

My first run of the day was on the Drag Strip. Hadn't dragged a car for over 5 years, and said I wouldnt bother with this car (as it's hardly a drag car in reality - wrong gearbox, too heavy and not enough power). In any case I dragged it anyway, if only to put some heat in my 888's ready for the handling circuit.

First run was 13.15 which I thought was ok, but didnt exactly get my juices flowing. I then went back round for another go (as the handling circuit queue didnt seem to be moving) which ended in a 13.09..... ok, nothing lightening, but at least it was going the right way.

That was enough of that and I had already done 2 more laps than I ever envisaged in doing , so I queued up for the handling circuit. 1st lap being the sighting lap I just pootled round, 2nd lap was the 1st timed lap which got me 42 seconds..... wasnt impressed as I knew the top boys were getting in the 37's / 38's (but then thats why they are the top boys I suppose ). I then queued up for another go and really BOMBED out on that one getting a 45 second lap (went totally **** up on one part ).

Getting a bit dillusional by the handling thing, I thought I would give the 1/4 mile another crack as I really wanted to get in the 12's. 3rd run gave me a 12.71 ..... I then quickly tried again but got a 12.81 . I still knew there was plenty left in the baby as the starts were not perfect and the 60ft time was abissmal (but was that the 6sp box I beg to ask). I would certainly have another go, but needed to get another lap on the handling circuit.

Queued up for handling..... engine hot, tyres hot.... i'm hot!!!

3rd timed lap (you were allowed a maximum of 5) and tried to give it full leather (but unfortunately my **** and dirving ability didnt allow it) and I never bettered my 1st timed lap.

Back to the drag strip for one final abusive run.

I had been trialling different launch technics, but still hadnt found the best method as of yet (I used to drag quite a lot many years ago, but had never launched this car EVER). On this last launch I decided to have the diff locked from start to finish and change gear a bit earlier. Well, it must of come together because it got me a 12.5 1/4 with a 60ft of 1.6secs . Maybe.... just maybe I have the taste for drag racing again. What with a 6sp box, weight, low boost due to mega hot inlet and engine temps on the standard top mount intercooler (I couldnt be arsed with pushing my car down the pit lane lol) and only 370ish bhp, I was quietly pleased. With a bit more practice, cooler weather with full boost I think I could crack very very low 12's if not just in to the 11's (you gotta be positive). I was amazed at how well it was able to launch (clearly dictated by the 60ft time). Ok, I know it aint no 9 or 10sec car.... but it is a lardy arsed newage with a dog slow 6 speeder!

I admit I was down about the handling...... but that will come with more and more practice.

Excellent event imho and a credit to TOTB and Straightliners. Roll on TOTB6.

Regards,
Shaun.
What about holding the car against the handbrake? Surely this would be an effective method.
Old 30 July 2006, 10:30 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by GREEN SCOOBY
Was well impressed with Andy F. A terminal speed of 171 mph!!!!!!
Clucking bell! At TOTB 1 I hit 166.6mph over the 1.25 mile top speed run in my car, which at the time was the highest top speed recorded of an Impreza in the UK, a title I held for all of nine months....now Andy can top that of whole mile sooner!
Old 30 July 2006, 10:36 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stevebt
thats what happens when you use NOS damned unlucky for that run though
Sure when steve c was talking to andy later on he'd said he hadn't ran using nos before the manifold went. But whilst typing this I seem to remember readin somewhere that andy uses nos for cooling?

I boiled my head and had a top day.

FAO shaun, this you and your car? I know the persons head is missing

If so you could have shifted so I could get a decent pic
Old 30 July 2006, 10:42 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
What about holding the car against the handbrake? Surely this would be an effective method.
I prefer to side step the clutch at about 6k rpm instead!

Micky,
Sorry about the legs in the picture.... you should of asked me to move!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 30 July 2006, 10:48 PM
shustir
Scooby Regular

Andy F terminal speed of 171mph on the quarter

A good day just a shame so many of the high power cars broke down.

Just remember dont race a 1.4 diesel Corsa with plastic wheel trims.

What place did Rocket Ronny come as I thought he won the top speed and the quarter mile disciplines ? His handling circuit runs were entertaining anyway.

Old 30 July 2006, 11:00 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Micky,
Sorry about the legs in the picture.... you should of asked me to move!

Regards,
Shaun.
I'm to polite/shy to ask. But, can you move out of the way please?
Old 31 July 2006, 09:44 AM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

My first TOTB and it was an awesome day - fully understand why they call it TOTB.

We also had a long day, up at 5am and got from Surrey to Elvington in 3.5hrs but going home took 6hrs due to M1 traffic at Luton as usual. Plan to stay in travel lodge next year.

Shame Andy F had problems as I believe he was leading S.Norris.
Old 31 July 2006, 10:58 AM
nisr227
Scooby Regular

Anyone know what was the fastest PRIVATE (i.e. not representing a tuner as listed on the official TOTB site) entry Scoob up the 1/4 and around the handling, and their times?
Old 31 July 2006, 11:15 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

that would probably have been Joe Luckett, Jonjo on here, 11.29 @ 122 or so?

followed by Shaun (webby) and then me!

Quick Reply: come on we need TOTB5 news