Sponsored by:

calssic wrx and sti

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2006, 06:40 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calssic wrx and sti

guys i am aware that the sti has stronger internal engine parts but are the engines from the classic uk and wrx the same then?

or do the wrx have the same internals as the sti?

some cars are badged as wrx and others wrx sti. is the sti just a tuned wrx engine?

are there any plates on the car if so where to prove its an sti rather than the wrx?

sorry just building a picture so i now what i am buying.

steve
Old 29 July 2006, 07:57 PM
sti69
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi mate,below is an MY94 STi Version 1 engine bay. Notice the pink strut brace (version 2's onwards have carbon fibre type) and the allow i/c (wrx are black type),water spray bottle (bottom left),tuned STi plaque on alt/power steering/ac unit belt cover.

And this is my engine now,notice it has a STi version4 i/c and ive binned the induction kit and the dump valve.

Old 29 July 2006, 08:15 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

wicked thanks mate, i just need to sell my 02 wrx then i will be picking one up and i cant wait, i am thinking ver 4 or 5 as long as the money is ok. can i ask what you pay for the insurance? how come you went back to the standard air box why have you done that?
Old 29 July 2006, 08:48 PM
sti69
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi mate,i pay £530 (35yr old) fully comp and i binned the induction kit cos they affect the MAF sensor although im using an STi filter (one of the best). Although i do miss the induction roar but im after reliability now

Originally Posted by stevie1982
wicked thanks mate, i just need to sell my 02 wrx then i will be picking one up and i cant wait, i am thinking ver 4 or 5 as long as the money is ok. can i ask what you pay for the insurance? how come you went back to the standard air box why have you done that?