Sponsored by:

STi springs on a WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2006, 08:32 AM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question STi springs on a WRX?

I was talking to a mate of mine who has a P1 the other day, and he showed me how firm his springs were. You could have jumped up and down on his bonnet and they wouldn't have allowed any bounce at all. There and then I decided i need to do something about my suspension, which I always thought was a bit soft compared to my classic.

So here's the question, is it worth me getting some Prodrive or Eibach springs or will a set off an STi do the job just as well? I'm not interested in lowering the car I just want better handling. These will be part of a few mods to come such as solid drop links and thicker ARBs.

So opinions please peeps!!

Thanks in advance, Dan
Old 20 July 2006, 08:54 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got red sti struts on '03 wrx ( from previous owner ) not sure about springs. Much firmer ride than standard wrx and perhaps a tidge lower. Not sure if handling is much improved. I reckon a designed to fit your car set, such as prodrive or eibach route, would be better for handling, along with the arb, links and geometry set up. My 2p!
Old 20 July 2006, 09:30 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a 01 WRX Newage and tried to fit STi Newage springs. Totally different size etc. So, no mine did not fit. This was after the strut was off too
Old 20 July 2006, 09:47 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Eibach springs on your original dampers is one of the best suspension combos I have ever experienced. Not overly stiff, but creates a very planted feel and crisp turn in.
Gives around 25mm drop aswell.
£150 for the springs, £100 - £200 to fit depending on garage, £100 for geometry setup.
Old 20 July 2006, 06:06 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

thanks for the answers guys, I've got hold of a set of springs very cheap, so i might just give them a go, but if they don't fit I'll try the prodrive ones with the solid drop links and thicker ARB.