New MY06 STi PPP to be ordered Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2006, 08:55 PM
markmarkymark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New MY06 STi PPP to be ordered Thursday

Evening Peeps.

Currently have a MY04 WRX PPP which I have loved to bits (first Scooby).

About to order a MY06 STI PPP in the morning after much deliberation! I know some will say 'get the Spec C', others will say 'don't go for the PPP have something better and cheaper instead'.

At the end of the day me and the wife love the Scooby but are not 'in to cars' (if that makes sense). Therefore standard warranty and UK spec are what we need.

Wife is 32 and I am 35 with a 2.5 year old boy. We have thought long and hard today about 'are we too old own the STi'. Are we 'responsible parents if we own the Sti'. Are we 'too old to own a car with such a big ironing board on the back'...... Seriously do any of you have the same debate?

I have thought .. is the car Chav now ... (but then thought - 'is a group 20 brand new car with 316 BHP really Chav what ever it looks like??)..

Any way ... I'm not too old so SOD EM ALL>>>>> a black STI will be ordered in the morning.

My only hope is that the PPP will bring back some of the burble (although I am informed that the 2006 2.5L UK spec engine DOES have unequal length headers; its just that the exhaust system does not amplify it as much cos of its new emission stuff)..

Mark
Old 19 July 2006, 08:58 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Better off buying a bargain basement 05 STi I would have thought?

Damn those 06's are ugly
Old 19 July 2006, 09:21 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by markmarkymark
My only hope is that the PPP will bring back some of the burble (although I am informed that the 2006 2.5L UK spec engine DOES have unequal length headers; its just that the exhaust system does not amplify it as much cos of its new emission stuff).
Mark,

Nice choice PPP does bring back the Burble but 05&06 exhaust systems do stiffle the burble but I think there will be enough there to know it's a Scoob

Originally Posted by Elmer Fudpucker
Damn those 06's are ugly
LOL

Tony
Old 19 July 2006, 10:13 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Sales will be into double figures soon

Hope you dont get hit too hard on the trade in.
Nik.
Old 19 July 2006, 10:27 PM
bigknd
Scooby Regular

Evening Peeps.

Currently have a MY04 WRX PPP which I have loved to bits (first Scooby).

About to order a MY06 STI PPP in the morning after much deliberation! I know some will say 'get the Spec C', others will say 'don't go for the PPP have something better and cheaper instead'.

At the end of the day me and the wife love the Scooby but are not 'in to cars' (if that makes sense). Therefore standard warranty and UK spec are what we need.

Wife is 32 and I am 35 with a 2.5 year old boy. We have thought long and hard today about 'are we too old own the STi'. Are we 'responsible parents if we own the Sti'. Are we 'too old to own a car with such a big ironing board on the back'...... Seriously do any of you have the same debate?

I have thought .. is the car Chav now ... (but then thought - 'is a group 20 brand new car with 316 BHP really Chav what ever it looks like??)..

Any way ... I'm not too old so SOD EM ALL>>>>> a black STI will be ordered in the morning.

My only hope is that the PPP will bring back some of the burble (although I am informed that the 2006 2.5L UK spec engine DOES have unequal length headers; its just that the exhaust system does not amplify it as much cos of its new emission stuff)..

Mark
Good choice Mark I done the same as you and a lot older WRX 04 PPP is what I had but the 06STI PPP is sooo much better IMHO of course

Burble is back too with the PPP fitted
Old 19 July 2006, 10:31 PM
Red Rocket 11166
Scooby Regular

Nice Choice Mark.

Red.
Old 19 July 2006, 11:04 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Red face

Evening Peeps.

I know some will say 'get the Spec C', others will say 'don't go for the PPP have something better and cheaper instead'.

Mark
can anyone post a picture or details of the spec c. Dont know what they are.
Old 19 July 2006, 11:27 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Thinner lightweight glass
Lightweight roof
Aluminum boot lid
12 litre intercooler water spray bottle mounted behind the rear seats for better weight distribution
Different radiator, water pump and additional engine & transmission oil coolers
A roller bearing version of the twin scroll turbo
Rear strut brace
Performance revolving chamber fuel pump
Black seats, door panels and carpet
Stiffer chassis with revised welding
Larger intake pipe

Pictures and a bit more info here
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=492836
Old 20 July 2006, 12:01 AM
bearded dragon
Scooby Regular

I have a SpecD PPP. To be honest I am struggling to drive it smoothly whilst running in - with hindsight I would run in then PPP. Just my opinion. The couple of times I have had the windows down, I have heard a burble masked by a roar. The car sounds the effing business - the burble tones seem lower, more subsonic maybe! I see people turn round further ahead than I did with my MY03 WRX blobeye with stainless back 3sections and a 4.5" backbox. just ticking over is menacing on the new car, but not chavvly so. There is no confusing the noise with a fiesta minus exhaust (not than any scoob can be)

Glad you have chosen the black - I think the WR blue with the roof vane looks a bit iffy (the main reason I went for the spec D - wife wouldnt have a black car)

Bad parents bit - a good parent to be concerned. If you drive like a mad tosser with the kids in the car, then even if you buy a hummer you are a bad parent. Times and places etc. However the Impreza GX has pretty good official safety reports, and the STi has all the same features. The main grey area is your driving ability!! Good or bad, as long as you know where your ability lies (and stick within it) then no worries.

My wife and I considered most things, and all told with the excellent road handling of the Scoobs in all weathers, this made it a very safe car in our opinion. Better that an SUV, as the Scoob loves corners, and you don't have a second gear lever to confuse things. Unless you do a lot of off roading or towing - my dealer practically refused to fit a towbar or bike carrier to either the Spec D or Sti (I hadn't chosen which one to buy). I must add we do about 6000 miles a year, mainly around town or short - <30 mile - 70mph trips. Unless I am driving for pleasure................

I regretted my WRX not being an STi for the brakes and 6 speed box alone. Now I have the Sti, I think it is also a 'better' car. With the £3K of fuel (you jammy sod), even more so.

All of this is my humble opinion
Old 20 July 2006, 06:35 PM
markmarkymark
Scooby Regular

thanks all for comments..

Well sod it .. its ordered - will pick up on 1/9/2006.

I can't wait! The dealer says they can fit PPP on delivery or after 1000 miles. What do you think ?

Will be in black - looks mean as sh*t (ok read 'ugly' - who gives a F*$*!1)

Mark
Old 20 July 2006, 06:53 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Personally, I'd have the PPP fitted at the same time the 1000 miles service is done. You can't really use until after then anyway. Plus you'll be able to notice if the map is any smoother etc.
Old 20 July 2006, 07:05 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Will be in black - looks mean as sh*t (ok read 'ugly' - who gives a F*$*!1)

Mark
Give it 3 days and it'll be covered in **** !!

I've got a black WRX, and they're stunning when they are clean, but I hope you enjoy washing and polishing if you want to keep it looking

I've had a Black STi as well, IF I get another scoob, I'd go for the crystal grey

Still, its better than WR Blue (flame suit on)

Gareth

Edited to add - agree with Robocop about the PPP, have it fitted at the 1000 mile service I did with the PPP on both the Sti and WRX - extra smiles all round !

Last edited by GarethE; 20 July 2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 20 July 2006, 09:43 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear you've gone for the best colour of MY06, which makes it look mean I personally thought the WR blue was just too obvious.

I picked my non-PPP black '06 Sti up in March and I think it looks the biz!

IMHO the 'chav' term relates to cheap-as-chips classics, which are affordable to your average gimp. This is true of many performance cars which become cheap.
Old 21 July 2006, 12:34 AM
Tuts
Scooby Regular

Good choice, but can you explain the responsible parent bit? Why would you be an irresponsible parent for buying a scoob? They come with iso fix points ffs!!

The car you own has got bugger all to do with your parenting skills. Being a good or bad parent is down to you not your car!
Old 21 July 2006, 06:20 AM
markmarkymark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tuts
Good choice, but can you explain the responsible parent bit? Why would you be an irresponsible parent for buying a scoob? They come with iso fix points ffs!!

The car you own has got bugger all to do with your parenting skills. Being a good or bad parent is down to you not your car!
You are right of course - and there is no doubt we are good parents - I guess its just a niggle - like we should buy something more 'sensible' - anyway I'm over all that now ..brrrmmm!
Old 21 July 2006, 09:56 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have gone for a white one
As for the Spec C, it only suits certain people and certain situations, mine is a weekend car but once in i just love it your other option would have been a JDM STi, no burble but the sound..... is MUCH nicer (plus its acutally very drivable, probably more drivable than a PPP'd 2.5) as the power is there from virtually 1k upwards

Tony
Old 21 July 2006, 11:32 AM
Quick-Change
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leeroy
Glad to hear you've gone for the best colour of MY06, which makes it look mean I personally thought the WR blue was just too obvious.

I picked my non-PPP black '06 Sti up in March and I think it looks the biz!

IMHO the 'chav' term relates to cheap-as-chips classics, which are affordable to your average gimp. This is true of many performance cars which become cheap.
Oh, so people who own cheap classics are gimps hey......
Old 21 July 2006, 12:09 PM
SivMY05Sti
Scooby Regular

Have the PPP fitted at service - the drive back home I had was the scariest thing I have ever done !!.................

Need AST's and more power now........
Old 21 July 2006, 12:18 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Quick-Change
Oh, so people who own cheap classics are gimps hey......
Not at all (i've had 2 myself) they're just accesable to gimps due to cheap price!