p1 worthwhile mods?

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2001, 11:41 PM
Great~taste~Bloke
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi all
I have (for less than 1 week) a my00 ppp impreza and then i get my p1....yippeee.
So please educate me to good mods, I alredy realise the car i have suffers from brake fade and change of feel on the pedal.
So as well as mods in general which is the best brake package to go for?
By the way I got £ 12200 price to change on my MY00 5dr ppp turbo in DBM.
LOL Matthew
Old 07 November 2001, 01:57 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
depends on your style of driving. I happy with my brakes at the moment, havent had fade at all, and i dont p155 about round town either. The only thing i have done is change the back box for a scoobysport as the standard exhaust is as loud as a mouse in a sponsored silence event.

I may go down the filter and dump valve route at a later stage. Im really happy with standard set up though.
Old 07 November 2001, 07:41 AM
Great~taste~Bloke
Scooby Regular

I was very happy with the standard uk turbo until I heard a ppp and then tested one. The P1 is so much better. So with that as a starting piont where can I go with it? I find the uk cars brakes to groan and fade under repeated heavy braking and although i'm not sure I beleive there is some flex in the pedal feel.
Matthew
Old 07 November 2001, 07:58 AM
wacko
Scooby Regular

Cool

Where to start.... well now.....
Brakes - there has been much said in the past on this, and the general choice is the Prodrive Alcon kit or AP 6 pots. I run AP's myself and they are awesome.

Backbox - Get the P1 backbox. Sounds soo much nicer, plus helps with mid-range torque apparently.

Air filter - get an ITG and help the engine breath.

18" wheels - look great and add some more grip. Be warned though they love to tram line, which is fine once you are used to it.

Scooby Sport Downpipe - removes turbo lag and gives you a great deal more torque. Full decat system is very loud!!

Other mod's..... well depends on how far you want to go and what you want to do to the body etc.

Enjoy the car.....
Old 07 November 2001, 08:09 AM
None Prouder
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi. I have to say that I think the standard brakes are sh1te. Not on feel and fade (I had no probs at Rockingham, although I had put 5.1 brake fluid in) but more on basic stopping power. I have put the AP Racing 6 pot kit on and IMHO they are the dogs in looks and performance. Not been on track with them yet, but they have been great on the road (but they are expensive).

I also put a support brace on the master cylinder, no idea if it makes a real difference, but it isn't expensive and the theory sounds convincing (reduces movement of cylinder therefore maximising feel and transmission of brake pedal depression to the calipers - did I make that wordy enough or what, experts out there please go easy on me if this isn't spot on, I know that I know jack ****).

I am still dithering on the exhaust. Would love to put a full system on but don't want to screw the warranty.

None Prouder
Old 07 November 2001, 09:25 AM
GavM
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Get the Bumpsteer Mod-best money i spent in ages. Worth the drive there. P1 now has minimal understeer and handles sooo much better. The grins from a weekend in the Brecon Beacons last weekend still havn't faded.
Also SS back box.
Think brakes or 18"wheels are next on my shopping list.

Gav
Old 07 November 2001, 09:30 AM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I wouldnt bother putting any on cos you`ll loose the money on the lot!

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2001, 09:51 AM
None Prouder
Scooby Regular

Question

Does the bump steer mod invalidate the warranty?

None Prouder