Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Burble is back on my 06 sti !

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2006, 11:13 AM
Grahamwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Burble is back on my 06 sti !

Fitted a TSL 4” group N backbox along with the TSL de-resonated centre pipe for my UK 06STI and I’m well pleased with the sound, performance and looks !

Noise is slightly up on what I anticipated thinking that the 2 cats would keep the noise down, but it is substantially louder especially 4000 rpm plus !
Also I’m sure it feels quite a bit sharper on acceleration, I imagine 10 to 15bhp more, any guesses ?

The quality of finish and ease of assembly was spot on taking me about 90 minutes in total using 1 jack and an axle stand.

Overall I can highly recommend this combination for a shade over £300 delivered and believe me the burble is back!

Graham
Old 14 July 2006, 11:15 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Doubt if a backbox gave that much, if anything at all. The bigger gains generally come from decatting the car completely.

Originally Posted by Grahamwrx
Fitted a TSL 4” group N backbox along with the TSL de-resonated centre pipe for my UK 06STI and I’m well pleased with the sound, performance and looks !

Noise is slightly up on what I anticipated thinking that the 2 cats would keep the noise down, but it is substantially louder especially 4000 rpm plus !
Also I’m sure it feels quite a bit sharper on acceleration, I imagine 10 to 15bhp more, any guesses ?

The quality of finish and ease of assembly was spot on taking me about 90 minutes in total using 1 jack and an axle stand.

Overall I can highly recommend this combination for a shade over £300 delivered and believe me the burble is back!

Graham
Old 14 July 2006, 11:54 AM
Grahamwrx
Scooby Regular

yes but what would a backbox plus a straight through centre pipe give you in bhp?
Old 14 July 2006, 12:12 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'ed probably see a very very slight increase in power, but no where near 10-15bhp!!
Old 14 July 2006, 12:41 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

I'd had the same on my car all be it a H&S, people thought about 2-5bhp at the most.
Old 14 July 2006, 01:10 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...ti+dyno+result
Actually looks like an extra 34 bhp is obtainable with this mod.
Old 14 July 2006, 01:14 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
Doubt if a backbox gave that much, if anything at all. The bigger gains generally come from decatting the car completely.
But, he didn't de-cat the system - just removed the resonator. I would of thought removing one cat but retaining the resonator ( which is of absolute minimal restriction) might have been a better route, and would have controlled the noise output somewhat.
JohnD