SUBARU/PRODRIVE BIG TURNOUT @ GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 03 July 2006, 05:43 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink SUBARU/PRODRIVE BIG TURNOUT @ GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED

As the title says there will be a big SUBARU/PRODRIVE presence at Goodwood 7/8/9 July

David Richards, ex-rally co-driver and principal of Prodrive, will take to the hill in a Ferrari 250GTO and the Prodrive P2 in the Sunday Times 'Driving' Supercar Run.

Petter Solberg, former World Rally Champion and leading contender in the WRC, will be in action on the Forest Rally Stage on Saturday and Sunday in his Subaru Impreza. He will also drive the car up the hillclimb.

Colin McRae, former World Rally Champion, will be in action all weekend on the Forest Rally Stage, and will drive the RAC Rally-winning Subaru Impreza of his great friend and rival, Richard Burns, on the hillclimb.

Robert Reid – former co-driver of England’s only World Rally Champion, Richard Burns – will be at the Festival throughout the weekend, managing the activities of The Richard Burns Foundation. This charity was set up earlier this year in memory of Richard, who died in 2005 following a long illness. Robert will also co-drive on the hillclimb with Richard’s great friend and rival, Colin McRae.

Chris Atkinson, Australia’s best current rally driver, will take to the hill and the Forest Rally Stage in a Subaru Impreza WRC car.

Tony

Ps seems like to many cars and not enough drivers, I'm not busy that weekend LOL
Old 03 July 2006, 09:40 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Petter nearly blinded me and chocked me to death a couple of years ago with his donuting in the carpark bit.

Simon
Old 03 July 2006, 10:53 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds like a good turnout I can't wait until Sunday for this
Old 03 July 2006, 10:59 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saturday for me! Sadly without my son this year as he's on his mates stag weekend at Butlins in Bogner!
JohnD
Old 03 July 2006, 11:23 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

i'm taking my dad for his 60th on friday, never been so really looking forward to it...everything i've read about it has always been positive.

any advice for a goodwood virgin?

ian
Old 03 July 2006, 11:59 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trails
any advice for a goodwood virgin?

ian
Make sure your not at the front when the dragsters come

Also make sure your elbos are well protected if you want to shuffle to the front all the time (eg f1 pits)

Also#2 practice with the slow cars when taking pictures as most of my picture are of exhaust tailpipes and straw bails

Simon
Old 03 July 2006, 12:12 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueSimon
Make sure your not at the front when the dragsters come

Also make sure your elbos are well protected if you want to shuffle to the front all the time (eg f1 pits)

Also#2 practice with the slow cars when taking pictures as most of my picture are of exhaust tailpipes and straw bails

Simon
lol, thanks for the advice Simon

Trending Topics

Old 03 July 2006, 01:25 PM
HotRod
Scooby Regular

Trials -
Friday is quieter, but still tons to see and maybe not so busy.
Get there as early as you can, queues build up and there is so much to see you can't be there too soon. Wear shoes you can walk several miles in!
Take some sarnies and drinks in with you as the walk back to the car can be a long one and the food can be pricey. (ditto brolley if the weather turns)
Get a map of the layout (might be worth a programme) as its big, and its easy to miss some areas. Lots of new car stands and traders 'inside' the track, but cross over the bridge to the House side for the supercars, Concours and main pit areas. Traders in a couple of locations so don't miss them - tons of stuff to see & do, and the cars will be running up the hill most of the day
If you get time its worth making the treck up towards the end of the hill climb as the off-road areas are up there too
Always a different display on the cricket pitch - highlight for me was showing my hot rod in 2004 (and the hospitality wasn't bad either)
http://usera.imagecave.com/RodPics/D...-copy-copy.jpg
You'll enjoy it, Simon
Old 03 July 2006, 02:49 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HotRod
Trials -
Get there as early as you can, queues build up and there is so much to see you can't be there too soon. Wear shoes you can walk several miles in!
Take some sarnies and drinks in with you as the walk back to the car can be a long one and the food can be pricey. (ditto brolley if the weather turns)
Get a map of the layout (might be worth a programme) as its big, and its easy to miss some areas. Lots of new car stands and traders 'inside' the track, but cross over the bridge to the House side for the supercars, Concours and main pit areas. Traders in a couple of locations so don't miss them - tons of stuff to see & do, and the cars will be running up the hill most of the day
If you get time its worth making the treck up towards the end of the hill climb as the off-road areas are up there too
Always a different display on the cricket pitch - highlight for me was showing my hot rod in 2004 (and the hospitality wasn't bad either)
You'll enjoy it, Simon
thanks Simon, Hot rod is very cool btw
Old 03 July 2006, 03:48 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Get there early if you want to look around the paddocks as they tend to be a little quieter earlier on in the day. Likewise the rally stage as its a fair old walk and as youll be on your feet most of the day you may not bother going up there if your a bit knackered.

Chip
Old 03 July 2006, 05:31 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Planning on going on friday, so it will be nice a quite hopefully
Old 03 July 2006, 05:50 PM
smithy 7
Scooby Regular

ello,could someone tell me what time everthing starts on sat, thanks
Old 03 July 2006, 06:31 PM
zappa
Scooby Regular

Trials -
You'll enjoy it, Simon
Last time I went was 2004 and the hotrods were indeed awesome. Have just (today) been invited on corporate hospitality to Friday Hooray!!

I have to say the festival of speed is the best car **** money can buy. You must take the walk to the top of the climb as you will get to see the cars at much slower speeds (photo op) as they queue to go back down.

Also if you time it right wonder round the pits, it is such a viseral experience and most of the drivers are really friendly, but nothing prepares you for the noise ( getting a lazy one thinking about it!)
Old 03 July 2006, 06:57 PM
ChungsterSTI
Scooby Regular

Got my ticket for the saturday already.

Can't wait.
Old 03 July 2006, 10:44 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ChungsterSTI
Got my ticket for the saturday already.

Can't wait.
peeps can still get tickets online but have to collect at the Gate

IIRC there are NO tickets sold on the day at the gates

I'd also advice some fold up seats to carry around and loads of water

Tony
Old 04 July 2006, 07:40 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Manage to blag a free Moss pavillion pass with lunch etc. Anybody know the dress code for these things?

As its going to be hot I dont fancy wearing shirt and trousers etc..
Old 04 July 2006, 08:59 AM
HotRod
Scooby Regular

General daytrippers are OK in T shirt and shorts but you'd probably want to be smarter for the corporate pavilions - short sleeve shirt / linen shirt and chinos type of thing I think you'll find. Shades of course. Lots of very rich and very cool looking peeps!
Old 04 July 2006, 09:25 AM
Jake
Scooby Regular

General daytrippers are OK in T shirt and shorts but you'd probably want to be smarter for the corporate pavilions - short sleeve shirt / linen shirt and chinos type of thing I think you'll find. Shades of course. Lots of very rich and very cool looking peeps!
Thanks Hotrod.
Old 04 July 2006, 08:06 PM
Awesomepossum
Scooby Regular

If the Jim Clark Rally was not on at the same time i would have been there like a shot, i suppose Subaru WRC cars being driven on the edge by the maddest of Irishmen will just have to suffice.
Old 06 July 2006, 11:41 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'll be there on Friday ..... wave to me!!!!

Pete
Old 07 July 2006, 09:31 PM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Anybody got a good route from the M25?