Bill Gwynne

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2001, 12:38 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi folks

I just thought I'd publicly say a BIG thank you to Neil Micklethwaite for organizing yet another great day out at the Bill Gwynne rallyschool. As you've probably read elsewhere, the car died (caught fire) halfway through the day a few weeks ago, so Peter Gwynne ran the whole day for us again at no extra cost

Nick and myself couldn't make the same date as the other SIDC chaps, so we tagged onto a non-SIDC day last Saturday, and I have to say that the standard of instruction etc (Peter Gwynne is a top bloke!!) was just as good as the first time. By the end of the day, I was sliding the car all over the place, (not just around the hairpins) and almost kept it pointing it the right direction all the time!! Even though the car broke again on my final lap (front drivers wheel bearing went bang), an excellent day was had by all. I can thoroughly recommend the experience to everyone. I'm already saving to do it again...

If you fancy a look, there are a few pics on my (under construction) website at http://www.iainbyoung.co.uk

Cheers,
Iain