Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D1ckhead Kids hitting your car with a football.?

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2006, 11:23 PM
ALEX307D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1ckhead Kids hitting your car with a football.?

Tell me your opinions ?

What is the situation, you park your pride and joy cherished car on the road, and some bunch of D1ckhead kids are kicking (and I mean kicking, very hard) a football about.
You can't move your car, as your working close by in a little yard off the road.

Then BANG the ball hits your pride and joy.

Now, if it damaged it, who pays for it ? (if you can single out the kid)
How do you go about it ?

Obviously you cant kick the **** out of him, as hes still a minor, (im 22).

Just what are you expected to do ?

Dont panic, They havent damaged my car, but twice now the ball has hit our cars twice, luckily just the usual "ball mark" no big dent, but I can see it happening one of these days.

Has this happened to you ?
Any one in the force reccomend anything ?
Old 29 June 2006, 11:25 PM
wbm3
Scooby Regular

If you annoy them, they will just come back later and key your car.
Old 29 June 2006, 11:27 PM
ALEX307D
Scooby Regular

they havent got the brains.

I had a go at him last time, asking who would pay for the damage

then had a full on argument with the little to$$er tonight.

I know where he lives, so know where the bills going if/when it gets damaged.
Old 30 June 2006, 12:10 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

why not speak to council and getting a "no ball games" sign erected or something. if they do that and something then gets damaged... not your responsibilty mate... or have a word with the hill billies parents.
Old 30 June 2006, 12:32 AM
scooberuni
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I can name about four or five different parks near to where I live, but do the kids play in the park? No! They play in the street and they use your car as a goalpost.The little sh***s!

Before I had my Impreza I had an MG and one morning I came out to find a great big muddy mark on my car, In the shape of a football. I washed the mud off with a sponge and when it had dried it left a great big graze on the paintwork, in the shape of a football!

I grassed one of the lads up, to his mum and now he has to use a plastic football instead.

Bikes and scooters are also a pain in the neck as well. I got a great dent and a scrape on my scooby, just the right height for a handlebar. The trouble is I never seem to catch them when it happens.
Old 30 June 2006, 12:36 AM
ALEX307D
Scooby Regular

Thing is tho mate, if you do catch em, what you do then ?

I gave this lad tonight a load of verbal (second time now)
I so wanted just to smack the little fat C**T. Obviously brains over rooled braun.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Dont these little tw*ts have better things to do than kick their ball against your pride and joy.

Like you say, there is a park only 500 yrds up from where these mongs also play, but oh no, they'd rather Whack, and I mean Whack their ball against next doors roller shutter, and every car in the street.
Old 30 June 2006, 12:50 AM
scooberuni
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I fancy a newer shape Impreza but I know there's no point because It would just get wrecked. I think you're only going to have a decent car if it's on the drive or in the garage (if you've got one).

What I do is just tell kids to move on and I give them the mad-man stare and they normally bugger off!
Old 30 June 2006, 01:15 AM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately i know exactly how you feel.My cars seem to be a magnet to a football and i could do without the hassel.Not been too bad lately but if there is a ball about...................it will hit MY car!
Old 30 June 2006, 04:37 AM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

ahem. pssssssssst Fieldy's Sniper Service. reasonable rates. group discounts , no job too small
Old 30 June 2006, 08:16 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Had an ongoing dispute with the chav scum kids off our estate about playing football around the cars and garages. Tried "no ball games" sign, but it got knocked down by a ball! So, painted the top of the garages with anti-vandal paint, so when the ball got kicked onto the garages, they couldn't get it Result No football played around here anymore

"can we have our ball back chris?"

"no, p*ss off"
Old 30 June 2006, 08:44 AM
gatecrasher3
Scooby Regular

Surely if they hit your car with their ball you are obliged to hit them with your car?
Old 30 June 2006, 08:48 AM
ALEX307D
Scooby Regular

I like your thinking Gatecrasher.

Last ball of theirs that came in the yard, i could see where it was, but dumb *** kid couldnt, (oh yeah, thats cos i brought it into my unit)

I promptly put 8/9 tiny holes in it, and threw it back in the yard, needless to say, once i shut the gates and went, the ball dissapeared. useless as it was flat.

Next.......

They will learn.

Surely if i say no you cant have your ball back, then he hits me i can hit him back. lol
Old 30 June 2006, 08:58 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a polite word with the kids, dont loose your rag straight away as you'll regret it if they are dodgey little *******.
Old 30 June 2006, 09:04 AM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Had a similar thing, only 3 kids (aged 4-6) were throwing stones at the car and ended up smashing the rear drivers side window.

A couple of neighbours saw them and came out but it was too late, window was already smashed.

I had witnesses so called the law before I ended up having the law come for me. I was very angry to think kids could just stand there and throw stones at my pride and joy. Little *******s.

Anyways.

Police turn up, take a statement, visit all 3 kids parents (all kids from different families).

Copper comes back, Sorry nothing we can do they are just kids, if they were 14 years and older it could go to a juevinile court and if they were 16+ they could be charged with criminal damage.( the ages may vary slightly, I was very irrate when the copper told me, so may not have heard properly)

The kids even admitted it to the law and 2 even dobbed the one in that actually smashed the window.

All I could do was claim off my insurance.

What a joke.

It makes me laugh, NOTHING could be done.
However, I ewas watching a police, camera, action type program a while ago and this lad slashed the tyres on HIS own BMW to stop the police from taking it away and HE got done for criminal damage. (to his own car) WTF

Where is the justice in this **** bound country?
Old 30 June 2006, 09:28 AM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

I have had a similiar experience, my car is parked off road in flats car parking so private, 2 little snot rags were playing football every night in the close adjacent, the number of times they would boot the ball into the car park, bare in mind 200yds up the road is a park! anyway one night I was outside cleaning the scoob when this ball comes flying over and lands on my next neighbours mg and actually partially dented the bonnet. I took the ball inside, slashed it with a knife strolled outside and gave them their ball back, of course all hell broke loose, I was called everything under sun to which I simply said if you dont shut up I will make you shut up blah blah..these 2 were about 17 by the way.

I am quite a big chap and swung and hit this lad square on the jaw doh...m8 of course runs off to his house...flattened kid somewhat stunned limps away to find his m8, about 1 hr later my neigbour gets home I tell him about his car he is livid and oddly wants to go and slap this kid aswell. Next thing as we were outside looking at his car, kid's dad turns up effin and blinding me saying I assaulted his son and is going to call the police...to which my neighbour turns and says it cant be him he was with me your son has been lying cos we told him to stop hitting out cars with a football hes trying to get us back, LOL from that point Dad grabs kid by scruff and marches off. Oddly the **** wipe doesnt come anywhere nr our flats anymore.

me and neighbour very happy indeed. Moral of the story if its adults vs little snot rags give em a slap, as long as you are the only witnesses of course
Old 30 June 2006, 09:38 AM
plum
Scooby Regular

I had the exact same problem, but managed to solve it all in one day.....how you ask?? I moved house! Drastic, but it worked. Was an absolute nightmare, as I was constatly at the lounge window...turned into one of those nosy neighbours just because of my car....New house has a drive where I can lock the car behind the gates, under cover....

So there you are, its drastic action, but well worth it... :-)
Old 30 June 2006, 04:49 PM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

I feel for you as we had a similar problem in our last house before we moved. 2 kids who visited their father on weekends and occasional weekday evenings. We lived in a corner house opposite to him in the cul-de-sac and they would always use the end of our drive as the goal, inevitably meaning the ball constantly hitting the front door, and my car (wife's was always garaged). We repeatedly asked them (politely) not to do this, pointedly stating that we weren't objecting to them playing in the road (even although it was very annoying), only to them using our drive as a goal. This led to several heated arguments, with the father (a bouncer) threatening me and generally behaving like a kid.

It was one of the reasons we moved to a house where a) we have a double garage so the cars are never left out, b) we only have one neighbour, who has no kids, and c) we're on a (quiet) road so there's not really any opportunity for kids to play directly outside the house.
Old 30 June 2006, 05:00 PM
Classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllyJ
I have had a similiar experience, my car is parked off road in flats car parking so private, 2 little snot rags were playing football every night in the close adjacent, the number of times they would boot the ball into the car park, bare in mind 200yds up the road is a park! anyway one night I was outside cleaning the scoob when this ball comes flying over and lands on my next neighbours mg and actually partially dented the bonnet. I took the ball inside, slashed it with a knife strolled outside and gave them their ball back, of course all hell broke loose, I was called everything under sun to which I simply said if you dont shut up I will make you shut up blah blah..these 2 were about 17 by the way.

I am quite a big chap and swung and hit this lad square on the jaw doh...m8 of course runs off to his house...flattened kid somewhat stunned limps away to find his m8, about 1 hr later my neigbour gets home I tell him about his car he is livid and oddly wants to go and slap this kid aswell. Next thing as we were outside looking at his car, kid's dad turns up effin and blinding me saying I assaulted his son and is going to call the police...to which my neighbour turns and says it cant be him he was with me your son has been lying cos we told him to stop hitting out cars with a football hes trying to get us back, LOL from that point Dad grabs kid by scruff and marches off. Oddly the **** wipe doesnt come anywhere nr our flats anymore.

me and neighbour very happy indeed. Moral of the story if its adults vs little snot rags give em a slap, as long as you are the only witnesses of course
Old 30 June 2006, 07:37 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fieldy
ahem. pssssssssst Fieldy's Sniper Service. reasonable rates. group discounts , no job too small

pmsl

it sounds twisted and cruel to say it but I'd love to see all disrespectfull teenagers fitted with adult operated stun neck braces, and when they step out of line, POW! Have that you b*st*rds

<sick&twisted mode off>

Last edited by specialx; 30 June 2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 30 June 2006, 10:37 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

Angry

Went round the outlaws to pick up my daughter after work today and the little ******* in the street were playin cricket wit a golf ball. Couldnt believe it. Went over to ask em to watch the scoob with the ball and the mother comes out and screams there only kids let em have a bit of fun its only a car for *** sake. What can u do when the parents wont even do anything. Single parent **** slurpin slag.
Old 01 July 2006, 08:49 AM
ALEX307D
Scooby Regular

Single parent **** slurpin slag. Get it off your chest Jim.

Silly Cow obviously doesnt recognise the difference between a mondeo etc... and a Subaru , silly cow must have as little brains as the kids.

I mean FFS a golf ball + Cricket bat = Mighty Feckin dent.

Kids have no respect for cars, I was never like that.
Old 01 July 2006, 11:19 AM
Scooby-Monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimpreza
Went round the outlaws to pick up my daughter after work today and the little ******* in the street were playin cricket wit a golf ball. Couldnt believe it. Went over to ask em to watch the scoob with the ball and the mother comes out and screams there only kids let em have a bit of fun its only a car for *** sake. What can u do when the parents wont even do anything. Single parent **** slurpin slag.
What's her address? I feel lonely
Old 01 July 2006, 12:36 PM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

U wouldn't want to mate i'd rather pump a horse than her. Unless u want her address to wrap the golf club round her neck.
Old 01 July 2006, 01:45 PM
Woody1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap Import
Had a similar thing, only 3 kids (aged 4-6) were throwing stones at the car and ended up smashing the rear drivers side window.

A couple of neighbours saw them and came out but it was too late, window was already smashed.

I had witnesses so called the law before I ended up having the law come for me. I was very angry to think kids could just stand there and throw stones at my pride and joy. Little *******s.

Anyways.

Police turn up, take a statement, visit all 3 kids parents (all kids from different families).

Copper comes back, Sorry nothing we can do they are just kids, if they were 14 years and older it could go to a juevinile court and if they were 16+ they could be charged with criminal damage.( the ages may vary slightly, I was very irrate when the copper told me, so may not have heard properly)

The kids even admitted it to the law and 2 even dobbed the one in that actually smashed the window.

All I could do was claim off my insurance.

What a joke.

It makes me laugh, NOTHING could be done.
However, I ewas watching a police, camera, action type program a while ago and this lad slashed the tyres on HIS own BMW to stop the police from taking it away and HE got done for criminal damage. (to his own car) WTF

Where is the justice in this **** bound country?
Why don't you give a kid a fiver to round and smash the windows in the houses where the kids live. He can't be touched and you will get sweet revenge. If they were decent parents, they would cough up out of courtesy.
Old 01 July 2006, 02:42 PM
Carl2
Scooby Regular

I have the same problem. The little arseholes hit my car and set the alarm off 3 or 4 times a day. I've lost count of the ball marks and scratches on my car. The other week they were kicking the ball OVER the house from front to rear and I have a lovely ball shapped scratch mark on my car as a result. Suffice to say they never got their ball back.

As soon as the cricket starts the scratches will be getting smaller at least.

Last night my car, the wifes car and the front door all got hit within about 5mins.
Old 01 July 2006, 03:32 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

How about go out and play footy with them...
If your car is the goal - you're entitled to be the goalkeeper...

When your goal clearances keep landing the ball miles away, over fences, on top of roofs etc - they might decide they don't want you spoilling their games any more

You never know you might even find you enjoy playing footie with the kids - then you can suggest you all move to the local park for a better game...

lose the belly & protect your car at the same time...

Remember this...

http://www.asylumsfx.com/bellymov.html LOL

Mick
Old 01 July 2006, 11:22 PM
Dave Bullock
Scooby Regular

Angry

I went to pick up my son from cubs on Wednesday and on the way back two hooded youths were stood on the right hand side of the road.

Didn't think twice about it until one of the little ****'s turned round and hurled a stone a my scoob. I was on the anchors and out the door as quick as a flash but they were gone!

Now got a nice chunk of paint missing from my back door.

The problem is what do you do if you catch them?

I'm still mad as hell now every time I see it. I'm not one to get stressed but when you work bloody hard for something just to have some inbred little f***er damage it for their own amusment it make me want to blow my top.

Oh, by the way I did ring the police and they may as well just have laughed down the phone!
Old 02 July 2006, 12:07 AM
Jimpreza
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Dave Bullock]

The problem is what do you do if you catch them?

Bend em over your bonnet stick his head down your scoop and shove a car jack up his ***.
Old 02 July 2006, 12:21 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

how about actually just asking nicely if they could mind the car? From my experience if you talk to them like a adult they will usually listen, and so far in all my years of car ownership, my car has never been vandalised.
Old 02 July 2006, 12:27 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllyJ

If that was me and my mates we'd have done your motors in proppa, but then again I wasnt a little **** at that age causing a nuisance.

Quick Reply: D1ckhead Kids hitting your car with a football.?