Sponsored by:

What annoys you Import boys, now annoys me

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2006, 08:15 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What annoys you Import boys, now annoys me

I started to get fed up reading posts "No Optimax" as they're posted time and time again.

Thought I was the lucky one, since everytime I travel 5 miles to get Optimax they always have it.
UNTIL TONITE.

Just ready to hit the town when I get a call "my sons school prom is tonite and the Limos let him down, any chance you can take him in the scoob?"

I was honoured
Even had a photographer at the home and when we pulled up at the prom people flocked over us like he was a star. He went a bit red lol

So I thought I'd better get some fuel.
Travelled a 10 mile round trip to find out they hav'nt even got any at the depot.
Not ammused, not imppressed and difinately not happy, I'm suppossed to be going to Newquay tomorrow

Oh well, tried tesco for some special jungle juice and they dont do it here and there was no ultimate, is it at BP.
I'm stuck here for the weekend I guess.

Mind you the big bird behind the counter did give me a card with the STATION telephone number on, so I dont travel there for nothing in future. Bless.

You can all moan now, as I do when I read a post like this

Last edited by Jap Import; 23 June 2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 24 June 2006, 12:31 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

You can put normal ul in you know, just don't cane it anywhere. Or better still, get some booster and keep it in reserve for just such a day as this. I'd deffo NOT put bp in though, that stuff was the only petrol to light up my knocklink on my old car
Old 24 June 2006, 12:58 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Once it gets a sniff off 95ron, it'll explode within SECONDS! believe it, it's true.

Or just put a tenner in until you find somewhere that sells high octa#############zip that! lets scaremonger some more Apparently if you don't put 8.76654 litres of optimax at between 14.76 degrees and 23.34 degrees in per georgian calendar month (not on a tueday though) whilst standing on one leg singing blue moon, your car will die, engine, gearbox, clutch, diff and all the electrics within minutes of driving off the forecourt. I did it all but forgot the one leg part and sure enough the whole car died, plus three other scoobs that were unlucky enough to be within the 3.4 mile "wipe-out" radius. Never make that mistake again, I can tell you!!!
Old 24 June 2006, 01:24 AM
scooter(WRX03 PPP)
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
just don't cane it anywhere(
You have a way with words.

We never seem to have a problem with getting Optimax up north do we? Seems to be a southern thing.

Now when I wanted to try BP ultimate, then I had problems finding any and sacked that idea. They all seem to be changing into this "Total" crap.
Old 24 June 2006, 01:34 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Thanks scooter

Anyway, I thought it was the Gregorian calendar, not Georgian?
Old 24 June 2006, 01:41 AM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

Head for cornwall anyway there loads downhere
Old 24 June 2006, 08:06 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hence the reason i have now bought a UK turbo ECU for such occasions !!

5 minute job, 95 ron, granted boost and bhp drops, but still, at least i can drive it safely with no bother !!!
Old 24 June 2006, 10:21 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
You can put normal ul in you know, just don't cane it anywhere. Or better still, get some booster and keep it in reserve for just such a day as this. I'd deffo NOT put bp in though, that stuff was the only petrol to light up my knocklink on my old car

is your newage an import or a UK spec.......

fair play, if the car you drive is an imported and not mapped for UK fuel, you need the rght juice, but if its a UK motor, it really doesnt have to run on optimax, it can run on normal super no problem

john
Old 24 June 2006, 10:47 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

<Nelson> HA, HA
Old 24 June 2006, 11:02 AM
scg
Scooby Regular

The Shell I went to had none whatsoever in Leeds yesterday. Not been paying too much attention of late but is it true they're getting rid of it and replacing it with a 100RON - hence all the pumps are being drained? That's the rumour on the Mini website....or is that a load of rubbish?
Old 24 June 2006, 11:38 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
Once it gets a sniff off 95ron, it'll explode within SECONDS! believe it, it's true.

Or just put a tenner in until you find somewhere that sells high octa#############zip that! lets scaremonger some more Apparently if you don't put 8.76654 litres of optimax at between 14.76 degrees and 23.34 degrees in per georgian calendar month (not on a tueday though) whilst standing on one leg singing blue moon, your car will die, engine, gearbox, clutch, diff and all the electrics within minutes of driving off the forecourt. I did it all but forgot the one leg part and sure enough the whole car died, plus three other scoobs that were unlucky enough to be within the 3.4 mile "wipe-out" radius. Never make that mistake again, I can tell you!!!
Old 24 June 2006, 11:40 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR 1mposter
Head for cornwall anyway there loads downhere
Correct. Filled up earlier, and for les than a quid per litre
Old 25 June 2006, 01:17 AM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Location: edinburgh scoobies-555 wagon squadron- s.w.a.t.s.a.r
Default eh

ive just bought a jap import i take it uve got to run it on 100ron optimax ive just done 500miles on juice and it wasnt 100ron but it was the most expensive i think it was ultimate? is that ok to run it on?can some one tell me the types off fuel i can use safley please?
Old 25 June 2006, 01:36 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobie_eccosse
ive just bought a jap import i take it uve got to run it on 100ron optimax ive just done 500miles on juice and it wasnt 100ron but it was the most expensive i think it was ultimate? is that ok to run it on?can some one tell me the types off fuel i can use safley please?
hello mate im quite new on here too. ive had my 95 wrx (import) for about 5 weeks and have either run it on optimax (98ish ron) or tesco super unleaded (99 ron). ive never had any problems with either but i get better fuel economy on the tesco juice. no major difference just personal choice and my car runs better generally on tesco 99...

you can use pretty much any unleaded petrol but if its below 97/98 ron plenty of people on here (me included) would say to use an octane booster even if it means extra cost... but hey thats one of the fascinating things about subaru ownership... a light wallet!!!
Old 25 June 2006, 02:13 AM
chris25uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
hello mate im quite new on here too. ive had my 95 wrx (import) for about 5 weeks and have either run it on optimax (98ish ron) or tesco super unleaded (99 ron). ive never had any problems with either but i get better fuel economy on the tesco juice. no major difference just personal choice and my car runs better generally on tesco 99...

you can use pretty much any unleaded petrol but if its below 97/98 ron plenty of people on here (me included) would say to use an octane booster even if it means extra cost... but hey thats one of the fascinating things about subaru ownership... a light wallet!!!
should use octane booster even with optimax mate, jap cars set to run on 100 ron i believe. u say you have had no problems but its only been 5 weeks, may be fine but it aint doing it any favours not using it and i doubt you will be seeing same power figures
Old 25 June 2006, 09:00 AM
scoobie_eccosse
Scooby Regular

Location: edinburgh scoobies-555 wagon squadron- s.w.a.t.s.a.r
Default cheers

cheers mate i no what you men bout light wallet i got the car from birmingham and it cost me 60 quid to get back to edinburgh but mind u i was going quite fast lol
Old 25 June 2006, 07:32 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris25uk
should use octane booster even with optimax mate, jap cars set to run on 100 ron i believe. u say you have had no problems but its only been 5 weeks, may be fine but it aint doing it any favours not using it and i doubt you will be seeing same power figures
Thats what I was told, Tesco or Optimax and some octane booster. I tried optimax for the 1st time yesterday and I reckon the car drives better than when using tesco.
Old 25 June 2006, 09:08 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

each to there own... but saying that my cars a 95 wrx with a 93 engine in it so it amy be reaching "the end" soon anyway. if my car was a lot younger i would be using octane booster but its getting on and i think il be the last owner of this car so...
Old 25 June 2006, 11:29 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
but the upside is having a lighter wallet increases the power to weight ratio so your sorted.